test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can anyone tell me if there is a list of....

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Non Combat "Space Missions" Based on exploration and Discovery be it plant life or any life that might exist in far off distant worlds?? Federation side? I am having a tough time finding any but explore the galaxy daily. I mean there could be ground partial missions. Not sure if this has ever come up but, exploration isn't that suppose to be the meat and potatoes of Star Fleet? if there is more than 3-5 daily missions I am Unaware of please let me know! thanks!!!!

Edit: Not to compare this game to another mostly a suggestion as to an idea, but there is roughly 400 Billion Star Systems in the milky way Galaxy. Would be extremely cool to "Borrow" Elite Dangerous Galaxy map, but I know full well that is an impossibility.. :(

This was taken from the EDSM "Elite Dangerous Star Map" Web page.

0.014436% of the galaxy has been discovered on EDSM, it will take 37,399 years, 9 months, 20 days to discover it entirely.
Current known galactic population: 6,632,535,376,371
Current commodities stock in galactic market: 104,849,180,868 t
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    STO revolves more around storylines and combat. Some episodes will start as exploration but will quickly turn into combat, Its closer to a theme park mmo with instances("dungeons" are named Task Force Operations, or short TFOs) than a sandbox. Elite Dangerous is a pick-your-own-activities sandbox game and I love it but most people arent used to so free gameplay. Speaking of Elite Dangerous will be free in Epic store soon
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    one of the romulan systems has a diplomacy/trade aspect where you have to start with X and trade for Z to get H and end up with B. I never completed that one because I find it annoying, so I do not know if there is a romulan ambush at the end, like the in acamar
    Spock.jpg

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    These used to exist, but were removed.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    These used to exist, but were removed.

And there was a whole system available for people to create missions that could be exploration themed which served as a replacement for the removed exploration content...

But it got removed too. Cryptic did not have talent (manpower) available to fix and maintain it every time updates to the core game broke it because they couldn't be bothered to include it in the core update process...

Now, even though Exploration was what the majority of participants in an official poll had chosen as what they wanted Cryptic to focus on next, the most we got as a result was the beginning narrative of the season following the Iconian War arc being about getting back to exploring... And then it went right back to kill/blow up anything that moves, rinse and repeat of everything that came before, but with a new bigbad...

They have never again posted an official poll asking what we want to see them focus on. But if they did, I highly doubt exploration will be an option.

I am of a mind that they only included exploration as an option on that poll because they thought it would be the least desired option, and they could, going forward, use the poll numbers as proof that the majority weren't interested... Oh how that backfired on them. Not that it matters. Exploration is nothing more than a random idea they talk about occasionally in the office. They said they had an idea for it on their whiteboard. But what they mean by whiteboard, by their own words in a live chat, is what I just said. It comes up occasionally in discussion, but aside from that, zero development is being done on it.

Cryptic: I have not forgotten the poll. I have not forgotten that the majority wanted you to focus on exploration. I will not forget that you have totally ignored that. And I will not let you or this community forget it, either.

somtaawkhar: Don't bother.

That's really a shame that it could not be included. They could have at the very least an exploration terminal on ESD or Qo'onos City where you receive a mission text to explore X system and once there and done exploring come back and receive the reward.

I was hoping one day for a revamp of the space map to be as signified like E.D. that you could have bubbles of the known super powers but traveling to explore outside those bubbles had the inherent risk of you are actually alone and if anything went wrong... you would have to have a plan on what to do. But the real Magic would be if it was still the same as we had it now other than the map. yes the political combat is there with the squabble's of each super power and yes instance play could still be done, OH and of course the store would be of importance. But the map to include a real formed galaxy would be a boon imo.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
This discussion has been closed.