test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Torpedo to use?

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
For a DPS build I was planning the 2 piece lorca, but since i use distuptor perhaps I need elachi or Nausican maybe?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I would use the Disco rep torpedo if that is what you need for the 2 piece bonus.

If not, well the Nausicaan I'd only use if you will get the full 3 piece bonus. It has a terrible 12s cooldown which I'd say overrides its usefulness as an energy torpedo.

Of course that also depends on your ship and how its setup. If you're primarily broadsiding, a slow recharging torpedo is okay, but you might still prefer a 180 torp like the wide angle quantum on the Sovereigns, the gamma rep torpedo, or even the Kentari rockets. Another long recharge torpedo worth considering is the neutronic torpedo from the Delta rep, which I believe still has the highest base damage of anything short of a tricobalt. Don't use tricobalts.

Other good torps are of course the PEP crafted torpedo, great at immobilizing enemies and does exotic damage with the cloud. The gravimetric torp is great if you use exotic and/or control strongly in the build. If you've got a build with a good amount of drain, you'd want to actually look at the quantum phase torpedo and the console for the 2 piece set to seriously hurt shields with a good spread. The terran rep photon torp is also worth considering, as it scales in damage just like the beams.

There are a lot of torps to choose from, and many have value based on the build and what you're willing to do for the torpedoes within the build.

• daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    I would use the Disco rep torpedo if that is what you need for the 2 piece bonus.

If not, well the Nausicaan I'd only use if you will get the full 3 piece bonus. It has a terrible 12s cooldown which I'd say overrides its usefulness as an energy torpedo.

Of course that also depends on your ship and how its setup. If you're primarily broadsiding, a slow recharging torpedo is okay, but you might still prefer a 180 torp like the wide angle quantum on the Sovereigns, the gamma rep torpedo, or even the Kentari rockets. Another long recharge torpedo worth considering is the neutronic torpedo from the Delta rep, which I believe still has the highest base damage of anything short of a tricobalt. Don't use tricobalts.

Other good torps are of course the PEP crafted torpedo, great at immobilizing enemies and does exotic damage with the cloud. The gravimetric torp is great if you use exotic and/or control strongly in the build. If you've got a build with a good amount of drain, you'd want to actually look at the quantum phase torpedo and the console for the 2 piece set to seriously hurt shields with a good spread. The terran rep photon torp is also worth considering, as it scales in damage just like the beams.

There are a lot of torps to choose from, and many have value based on the build and what you're willing to do for the torpedoes within the build.

Thank you. The Ship is T'liss Temporal Warbird, I do not use it as a torp boat I was normally using 5 cannons but decided to put a torp just to make the enhanced battle cloak a bit more useful haha
    Gravimetric (dyson rep) is always a nice torp. The weapon and console are meh, though the 2-piece bonus isn't too bad, but it's not really part of a set you'd want to equip. Hyper-plasma torp from New Romulus is also nice, but kind of in the same boat as Gravimetric set-wise. I would throw in the particle emission crafted torp. It's greatest power is subject to your EPG levels -- more suited to science vessels -- but it can be extremely devastating.

Thank you didnt really think about particle emission torps lol
    daimon97 wrote: »

Thank you. The Ship is T'liss Temporal Warbird, I do not use it as a torp boat I was normally using 5 cannons but decided to put a torp just to make the enhanced battle cloak a bit more useful haha

In that case I'd go with a longer recharge torpedo. You might consider putting it in a rear slot, though. As I recall EB Cloak is really not suited to a torpedo build as it drops cloak for a couple seconds when you fire, so the faster you fire, the more your cloak is down, and on a full torpedo boat you are better off running around uncloaked so you have shields.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    For a DPS build I was planning the 2 piece lorca, but since i use distuptor perhaps I need elachi or Nausican maybe?

There is also the T6 disco rep which is disruptor.
    You can also take a look at the Terran reputation.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    The Nausican torpedo does disruptor damage, so there's that. But the Lorca combo seems better these days
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I personally use Photons mostly, fast recharge. I like using the TOS or the Kelvin torpedoes. The Kelvin one recharge a little bit quicker.

For the T'liss, I use the plasmas for that for my Romulan. The mega plamsa ball of death console if fun, especially when I can 1 hit certain baddies.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    the beach ball of death. ESPECIALLY if you use EBC, just because.. canon
    Spock.jpg

I decided to go with the 2piece Lorca set
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    At T6 rep I think the alternate is disruptor so the 3 pc would become vailable
    Spock.jpg

At T6 rep I think the alternate is disruptor so the 3 pc would become vailable

The 3 piece for Lorca's set is terrible though.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The way I see it a torp on a faw boat means a DPS up if one makes use of traits like Entwined tactical metracies and super charged weapons. For disruptor, yea nausi 3 pice and lorca 2 pice is the obvious choice.

On cannons Im not sure. Scatter Volley is not in a bad shape like fire at will is. I have seen some promising logs from players on a cannon ship who use the lorca torpedo together with kemocite.

The tests I ran so far on two of my ships did not hint at a direct advantage or disadvantage when switching a DC with a torp. In any case it was the torp PLUS kemo making up for the cannon loss. For disruptor builds no nausi set then but rather lorca torp + kemo. Also no Entwined tactical metracies then but super charged weapons.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    I am experimenting with Torps rn. If I see a loss in my DPS I can always switch back to my 4 Spiral Wave DHC and Terran Rep Cannon.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

In that case I'd go with a longer recharge torpedo. You might consider putting it in a rear slot, though. As I recall EB Cloak is really not suited to a torpedo build as it drops cloak for a couple seconds when you fire, so the faster you fire, the more your cloak is down, and on a full torpedo boat you are better off running around uncloaked so you have shields.

About cloack disabling ship shields I noticed funny thing: The Emergency Response Teams Traits from Vulcan T'Pau Scout Ship (the one from Event) does give secondary shields + shield regenration for 30 seconds once in 60 sec... and it does trigger on cloak (at least it does on my Somerville Intel Sci Vessel)
    saber1973a wrote: »

About cloack disabling ship shields I noticed funny thing: The Emergency Response Teams Traits from Vulcan T'Pau Scout Ship (the one from Event) does give secondary shields + shield regenration for 30 seconds once in 60 sec... and it does trigger on cloak (at least it does on my Somerville Intel Sci Vessel)

Yes, most traits that trigger when shields drop do activate on cloaking. It can be pretty annoying, but it can also be useful at times.

That is so cool, since cloak drops shields and that trait activates once the the shields drop so technically it provides a passive shield protection while cloaked! :D
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

That is so cool, since cloak drops shields and that trait activates once the the shields drop so technically it provides a passive shield protection while cloaked! :D

Well, for a time - in this case for first 30 seconds of cloak.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

Well, for a time - in this case for first 30 seconds of cloak.

Often that is long enough to break their lock so you can heal a bit before going back in.
This discussion has been closed.