test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skills invalid

Comments

• karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This split and making us redo all our traits per loadout is highly illogical.
    hwRjIGn.gif
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Is this just laziness on the part of Cryptic or a complete disregard for the playerbase? I am thinking both, sadly.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    Is this just laziness on the part of Cryptic or a complete disregard for the playerbase? I am thinking both, sadly.

More due to a lack of communication they dont realise how much this annoys the playerbase. It would definitely had taken them more to develop a solution that would save our current skills templates and then Convert them into the new system and apparently they thought it was best to not delay. I personally wouldnt had mind to wait a couple weeks more before we get the new loadouts as long as it was dont smoothly, but of course to see what the community wants you need communication and for that you need to employ a CM full time, not part time

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Oh there's a thread on it here too.

Like I said in the Bug section thread: just don't retrain your toons. On mine, the game has said for weeks that the skills are invalid but it hasn't forced me to retrain or anything and it doesn't seem to have any practical implications.

Best thing is just to ignore the message until they can permanently fix it.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    There are a number of things that dont work well or you cant do if you dont respec so I am not sure that is a good idea
  • invinsiblemeinvinsibleme Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Again? Realy?

Sorry to say this, but this is outrageously and incomprehensible. Stop, full stop, finish!

I am on the edge of maximum toons (54) - this is of course my fault and I'm solely to blame - but this unnecessary and untiringly invalidating of the skilltree is a absolute no go.

Neither it is comprehensible from my point of view (as an actual Developer) why you cannnot simply transfer the old skill tree to a new system (and offer a free reset if you want to give the user an oppertunity) nor is it a very smart move to annoy all your customers with every single update.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Same mistakes twice in less than 3 months...really?

I would guess both.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    nevermind
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Same mistakes twice in less than 3 months...really?

I would guess both.

Which ever it is, a polite apology would be nice, and would show some respect to the people who pay their wages. I'm not holding my breath, though.
  • saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    what a joke this sucks....didnt we just do this last month?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I really don't care about having to redo the traits once in a while, in fact I welcome it because I get to make changes to bring them in line with the current meta.. but to have to do it twice within a month is an epic fail of the development lead, the scrum master and the QA coordinator. all three of them should have said, "wait, this is going to blank the skills and traits. we should do a single larger update instead of 2 smaller ones, ESPECIALLY since neither change was correcting a game-breaking issue.
    Spock.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I only Respeced one Character the last time so it seems I didn't waste my time then.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I really don't care about having to redo the traits once in a while, in fact I welcome it because I get to make changes to bring them in line with the current meta.. but to have to do it twice within a month is an epic fail of the development lead, the scrum master and the QA coordinator. all three of them should have said, "wait, this is going to blank the skills and traits. we should do a single larger update instead of 2 smaller ones, ESPECIALLY since neither change was correcting a game-breaking issue.

IN ENGLISH he means he doesn't care.

it this the part where I am suppose to get pissy and tell you to go away?
    Spock.jpg

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    There will be weekly skills invalid patches until enough people have bought the legendary walker :>
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    My loadouts don't work properly.
    I have missing active reps on several alts every day and one alt that EVRY time I load him has missing all traits and I can't load saved loadout on him.
    So... I suspect that this will be corected some time like four years from now or there will be another "respec event" soon.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well, I didn't respec last time. So I think wisdom dictates to follow the same course now.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    There will be weekly skills invalid patches until enough people have bought the legendary walker :>

lol
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Earlier in the year I had a couple of Characters that had Skills Invalid repeatedly. I Respeced and it would reoccur. Then I just relogged and it went away. I thought the first pass a few weeks ago the Respec was needed because they were making some efficiency changes beneath the covers as well as adding the T6X. So now what? Skills are Skills, and Traits are Traits. Stop unloading the Traits when you do this sh*t.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    First time was an error. Second time was supposedly intentional. On both occasions the communication about it was lacking.
    The first time wasn't an error.

Borticus explicitly stated it was intentional due to changes made to the underlying code of the skill system. Second time was also intentional because of them editing how the trait system worked.

And it will happen every time they make some sort of change to the skill system, just like its always happened when they did that.

Eitherway, I maintain my opinion that their communication about it was sorely lacking.

Agreed. And that's putting it mildly. What buffles me is how, exactly, could they forget to make it known that every single player was going to need to respec every single one of their characters.
    Like, we're not talking about changing the color of a font, or giving Worf an haircut.
    This involves EVERYONE.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.