test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I will just do 3 toons per day I guess cause I dont want to do all 9 at once
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    didn't you read it in the patch notes :#
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have no intention of respecing all my people again and wasting yet another 2 hours to do all 12 toons.
    They will sit there as is with broken skills for a verry long time.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Did they give a free respec token for this patch yet?
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Yes a free respec is sitting there waiting for everyone.
    Thats not the point - the point is the time it takes to respec every character is quite time consuming and I only have 12 what about the people with 40, 50 and 60.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    f68.png
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Freaking wonderful thanks cryptic now I have to do this in 40 toons again after the last time you did this. How about fixing this issue so we don’t have to do this over and over and over
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I have no intention of respecing all my people again and wasting yet another 2 hours to do all 12 toons.
    They will sit there as is with broken skills for a verry long time.

^^^ this. I just don't want to do it all over again on 15 alts with skills and traits and bars setup. I was gathering dil = zen for KDF legendary pack, that now seems to be maybe at the end of "year of the klingons", so in about half a year.
    With this and event fatigue it just seems like good point to take a break from this game, that become more like obligatory work than fun. My previous break lasts for 4 years.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    It is an issue, but say rather in the nature of the developers' attitude towards their playerbase...
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Freaking wonderful thanks cryptic now I have to do this in 40 toons again after the last time you did this. How about fixing this issue so we don’t have to do this over and over and over
    It isn't an "issue".

Last time it was done because they changed some underlying code on how skills work, this time it was done because they split ground and space active traits. Both were intentionally done.

When you have 40 toons to now fix after you just spent nearly three weeks doing since the last time this happened I would definitely call it an issue I cannot enjoy the game because I have to spend time fixing them again this is totally ridiculous this should have been fixed before they did this so we didn’t have to respec over and over again
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well if it is true, haven't logged-in today, about another Skill Tree respec then so be it. I'm not thrilled about it, but I don't terribly mind it neither if it is another free respec. I know the more toons you have, that you actively play, the more the hassle it is. I just try to think of it as an irritation that is neccessary in progressing the game for the better & I do think this Loadout mechanic is an improvement but shouldn't be complete yet. I'll just take my time & pace myself with the respecs if needed.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Right now, I'll just respec the toons I'll be taking through the event.

That would be five. My two accts and my family's accts. Not gonna leave them out of getting a targ.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    When you have 40 toons to now fix after you just spent nearly three weeks doing since the last time this happened I would definitely call it an issue I cannot enjoy the game because I have to spend time fixing them again this is totally ridiculous this should have been fixed before they did this so we didn’t have to respec over and over again
    And again, there is nothing to fix.

If they make some sort of change to the base code of the skill/trait system, then anything using the old skill/trait system(i.e. anything you currently have) is going to become invalid.
    ^^^
    Only because of Cryptic LAZY way of programming. (And I have a programming degree and all they are dealing with is large database info.) IF they wanted to, they could have taken the time to translate and transform data, but they must feel it's a waste of programming time because the player base is so conditioned to just accepting whatever they do.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    There's lots of stuff to fix, actually.

But let's just go with: next time, put it in the patch notes where it belongs, so people can get mentally prepared to having to do this, AGAIN, instead of leaving them in the dark... AGAIN.

Communication gets worse every time.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Annoyed but not surprised in the least.

At least I only have 10 characters and since doing it the last time, I have everything memorized. I can re-spec a character in a couple minutes.

Still, it's an annoyance and agreed it should have been in the patch notes. Most players don't regularly check their skills, they allocate the points and forget it. This means that players are flying around with invalid skills and they have absolutely no idea.

It should have been in the patch notes, but again.. no surprise that it wasn't.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

If they make some sort of change to the base code of the skill/trait system, then anything using the old skill/trait system(i.e. anything you currently have) is going to become invalid.

If it's something they are going to be doing frequently like this then they should write a script that can read our old skilltree data and quickly produce a copy of it that's compatible with the new code. It was aggravating enough when it happened the first time and it's even more infuriating to have to do it again just a few weeks later, it would be absolute insanity if it happens a third time in the near future without an automated solution to resolve it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2020

no, they should have done BOTH code changes so we would only have to do this ONCE. it's pure bull-squeeze that they did not do it that way, and indicates a disregard for the playerbase. no one can convince me for a moment that they did not know this would happen, and that either of them were unplanned. Software begins development more than 6 months before release. most other games would admit they Effed up and offer something to compensate the playerbase. hell even a timewaster game on my phone gave gifts for unplanned server downtime.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    *takes 3 screenshots, opens a text file*

Screenshot of space skills, screenshot of ground skills, screenshot of traits, text file for one word notes on the bonuses picked for levels of categories. Not that hard ^_^​​
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    no, they should have done BOTH code changes so we would only have to do this ONCE. it's pure bull-squeeze that they did not do it that way, and indicates a disregard for the playerbase. no one can convince me for a moment that they did not know this would happen, and that either of them were unplanned. Software begins development more than 6 months before release. most other games would admit they Effed up and offer something to compensate the playerbase. hell even a timewaster game on my phone gave gifts for unplanned server downtime.
    You aren't going to delay an update to improve the skill system code, and make it less error prone(which is what the first update was) to wait for something like the loadout changes/splitting of active rep powers into ground/space(which is this second update), because the latter has the possibility to run int some unforeseen problems that make it unable to come out.

That would be like saying they should delay an update to EV suits, that makes the code more reliable, but that forces you to go into a store menu to reclaim any EV suits you have, until they get the dedicated EV suit feature working(assuming it would require you to reclaim them again also).

Yes, both of those updates may have been planned 6 months ago, but, as we have seen, the dedicated EV suit slot feature ran into issues that they couldn't fix in time.

to not do it is a clear disregard for the playerbase, and there is NOTHING you can say to dissuade me. one of my best friends works for a software company, and if they acted like cryptic does, they would be out of business. the difference is that the company he works for charges 99 dollars a month per license. I guess when you don't charge you playerbase you can say Eff Them, they are not giving us squat except the 10% whale base that keeps the lights on
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.