test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6-X not working as advertised

gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
They promised account wide. It still is not. I submitted a support ticket on day one; still broken. This should be an easy fix. Are they trying to scam the player base out of more money???
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I have done 10 ships and all upgraded account wide.

You are aware that they don’t automatically upgrade when claimed right? You claim the ship, then visit the ship selector to complete the free upgrade.

I assure you, it works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    They promised account wide. It still is not. I submitted a support ticket on day one; still broken. This should be an easy fix. Are they trying to scam the player base out of more money???
    Just like a t5u ship doesn't automatically come upgraded, a t6-x doesn't come automatically upgraded out of the box. You must go to the shipyard and hit the upgrade button on the appropriate ship. it will allow you to upgrade for free without requiring a token.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

You are aware that they don’t automatically upgrade when claimed right? You claim the ship, then visit the ship selector to complete the free upgrade.

I assure you, it works.

As I told him in another post, when he has to do with ships upgradeable to Fleet version it matters if he used the T6X on fleet or base version. I think that is his problem cause he mentioned the new carriers on the other post,
    @gaming1ogre check my post above as it contains instructions to upgrade the ship. it doesn't come automatically upgraded.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I must've missed the info stating that upgrading ships affect them account wide, I wasn't aware of this.

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I must've missed the info stating that upgrading ships affect them account wide, I wasn't aware of this.

It was on the same blog that announced the upgrades but it does have a tricky part. Lets say you had bought the Kor for 3k zen and played around with it but then later bought(with 1 fleet module since you had the c-store base ship) the Fleet B'rel and upgraded that to T6X. When you claim the Kor on an alt it wont be upgradable - you will have to buy again the Fleet version, the fleet B'rel T6 to be upgradable for free and yes you still have to click the upgrade button. Some people got confused because they treat base and fleet version as same ship in their mind but STO treats them as different ships
    Yep, I used my Upgrades on ships that are fleet level out of the box. Did a few promo/lockbox ships and then did ones like the Odyssey and Scimitar that will be T6X right from the store since they don't have a fleet version.

I have one token left, I plan to use it on the Legendary Dreadnought once it's fixed. :smile:
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Yep, I used my Upgrades on ships that are fleet level out of the box. Did a few promo/lockbox ships and then did ones like the Odyssey and Scimitar that will be T6X right from the store since they don't have a fleet version.

I have one token left, I plan to use it on the Legendary Dreadnought once it's fixed. :smile:

Wow, an X-upgrade on a Legendary ship. That's going to be...mama mia!

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

It was on the same blog that announced the upgrades but it does have a tricky part. Lets say you had bought the Kor for 3k zen and played around with it but then later bought(with 1 fleet module since you had the c-store base ship) the Fleet B'rel and upgraded that to T6X. When you claim the Kor on an alt it wont be upgradable - you will have to buy again the Fleet version, the fleet B'rel T6 to be upgradable for free and yes you still have to click the upgrade button. Some people got confused because they treat base and fleet version as same ship in their mind but STO treats them as different ships

The trickiest part is that the T5u upgrade works like people assume the X-upgrade does. Some consistency would be nice, or at least clear explanations from the start when they do something different.
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The new T-6 carrier HAS NO FLEET VERSION. I can't be confusing anything. Also, they upgrade like the T-5u did. I know because when I click on it it says I need to buy more tokens. Clearly I am clicking in the right place.
    The new T-6 carrier HAS NO FLEET VERSION. I can't be confusing anything. Also, they upgrade like the T-5u did. I know because when I click on it it says I need to buy more tokens. Clearly I am clicking in the right place.

Sorry, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

The T6 Carriers do have fleet versions as linked above. If you upgraded a Fleet Carrier, then any character that claims that Fleet Carrier going forward gets an upgrade to T6-X free.

If you upgrade the C-Store version, only the C-Store version gets the free upgrade, not the fleet version.

If you upgrade the Fleet Version, then only the Fleet Version is upgraded, not the C-Store version.

The upgrade works.. it's working for everyone else, it works. I am sorry if you're frustrated, I do sincerely hope we can help you figure it out, but I assure you the problem is on your end. When the entire player base has it working, it's time to consider the option that maybe you're doing something wrong.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Wow, an X-upgrade on a Legendary ship. That's going to be...mama mia!

it sure is on the legendary Intrepid. 7 sci consoles.. yowza. If i had fleet consoles I' be max control and over 550 maybe 600 epg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    @gaming1ogre you are incorrect. the ships do actually have fleet versions as pointed out above.

There is the cstore variation and there is the fleet variation. A standard t6 ship will have 10 consoles or 11 if it's a miracle worker. A fleet version will have 11 consoles standard or 12 if a miracle worker. Both of those are before the t6-x upgrade is applied. If you're looking at a t6 ship and it has less than 11 or 12 consoles, then it has a fleet version as that ship is NOT at fleet level. The upgrade process is not automatic for duplicates of the ship. Even with the t5u upgrade you still need to go to the shipyard and activate the upgrade. it will display like you need an upgrade but you don't. same is true with the t6-x. if you're going to say it's still requiring an upgrade token then this tells me one of two things. either you never upgraded the ship you thought you did, or your token isn't in your inventory. The other alternative would be a bug, and so far I don't see enough evidence of that here. What is the exact ship you're trying to upgrade? Also what do you have in the way of video or some way to demonstrate what you're seeing? help us help you

This discussion has been closed.