test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Composited Screenshot (Star Trek Generations Ending)

highlyillogicalhighlyillogical Member Posts: 47 Arc User
OcSd0Kg.jpg

I used Bajor as a backdrop to put 3 of my ships together to recreate the ending rescue scene of Generations.

This screencap was used as the reference: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/generationshd/generationshd2159.jpg
Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    1iw82j.jpg
    Well done.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Excellent!
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • highlyillogicalhighlyillogical Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Another simple one for my main ship.
    J1idPWP.png
    You sir... are shaping up to be the next JetFreak.
    For those of you who don't know, back when filefront was a thing, there was this one guy named JetFreak on ArmadaFiles who was able to make art out of Armada 2 screenshots. I mean they looked dang near professional, could be used for promotional art good. And this was in a game that is OLD and heavily modded.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    For those of you who don't know, back when filefront was a thing, there was this one guy named JetFreak on ArmadaFiles who was able to make art out of Armada 2 screenshots. I mean they looked dang near professional, could be used for promotional art good. And this was in a game that is OLD and heavily modded.

Thanks, my main help is that I can run up renderscale to 5 to take a screenshot. That does 99.9999% of the work for me.

There's also the graphics you added, and in the case of your first one, actually cutting the ship out and putting it in the same picture as another ship in such a way as it looks like all three were in the same shot to begin with.
    Well Bajor's ocean makes a great blue screen, and the lighting on the map was consistent.
    tOQAXpv.png

Inspired by TWOK of course.
    Nice.
    Good Morning, Captain.

VSEzmZf.jpeg
    Still in service.

VRWiBnS.jpeg
    Photoshopped a Book Cover based off the Captain's Daughter cover.

cmIO1wT.png
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nice!

I've tried the same a few times, although without quite the level of success you've enjoyed:

I like them. It is fun to recreate movie and show shots as best I can.

Also, for that first shot: "This is damn peculiar." :smile:
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Very cool shots there! =D

Also, I see the one ship is NCC-1982. A homage to Wrath?
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    Very cool shots there! =D

Also, I see the one ship is NCC-1982. A homage to Wrath?

Actually its the release of of the game Joust which I named the ship after. It is a long way 'round reference to Ready Player One.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for liking the shots.

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Ah, good one! =D That's a good movie.

And thank you. Keep up the good work!

Also, loving the Douglas Adams quote.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    This shot of the Phase II version was from a fleet member. My ship was the shuttle coming up for inspection. :)

ATh35m3.png

jO7pPsq.jpg
    M8rHKtc.jpg

Tm35tJj.png
    6wtb1xX.png

xMSqNoN.png
    F64Bva6.png

vTxS4PT.png
    WQA1V1L.png

f79FmL6.png

QbT04mk.png

fP1iAIb.jpg
    That's a big ship.
    vS7Oftm.png
    My friends, we've come home.
    PkDOitu.png
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I remember him well. I was a FileFront user, and even an Armada2Files admin at one point. Jetfreak did indeed do wonderful work. He's still doing it over on his DeviantArt page.

@highlyillogical , I'm liking your work. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    flash525 wrote: »

@highlyillogical , I'm liking your work. :)

Thank you, I'm just having my fun with the game and my enjoyment of the Trek. :)
    Cosmic thoughts, gentlemen?

ifa9sR4.jpeg
    Excelsior Class love. Both of these are a bit simpler than previous. The Generations one is just a slightly altered screenshot, that one was easier to do since there is a Nexus in the game. :)

xe0Kuh2.jpg

afmZ2yr.jpg
    Shields, SHIELDS!

KoDpeWz.jpeg
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    I remember that shot as a kid. Took my breath away.

"Picard to Farragut, two to beam up"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"