test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 11/12/20

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Another hour added to maintenance folks ...... 1pm PT and 9pm GMT
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Again an extension of the maintenance by one hour, there goes my playing time for today and many others in Europe.
  • matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Wow, I spent several hours today re-installing Windows on my PC and was so happy it worked and my PC wasn't bricked I would like to spend the evening playing STO and maintenance jumped from 17:30 to 21:00? Did Cryptic have to re-install their OS too?
  • dscwcfolly#3317 dscwcfolly Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    why is the mantenece say 2.5 hours and now it has been down for 5 hours and it just updated again saying another hour wth?
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    One event hasn't been done yet and another one is starting, it's really high time to take a break from this influx of events. And then again and again an extension of the maintenance, that it is difficult at this time is understandable but it brings about a certain kind of fatigue of the players compared to playing STO.

you don't spend more than 10 minutes to fulfill an event, complain that they put on a new event that gives something for free (without being mandatory) is silly, if you are tired of doing events, just don't do it.

It is not the event in itself that is too much but it is that there is no more break period. I play STO now for several years and we used to look forward to playing an event, now it has become almost a full job. It's easy to say that one is not obliged to play an event, that's right, but event after event without a break? No, that's the proverbial "too much is too much". Even TFO's suffer because the waiting times increase because everyone is busy with an event. It would be better to spend time developing new episodes or fixing bugs.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I understand, but again the events are optional, if you are tired of doing events and want to play the story, no problem, play it, I see the events with very good eyes because they are for me the fastest way to win the equipment and dilitium I need to buy what I want, I see no problem with having one event followed by another, there is still a lot of time to do other things, for you who just finished an event can be tiring ... but what about those who didn't join the game in time to finish? or who discovered the game now? would it be fair to wait several days until another event just because whoever finished the previous one doesn't want to do one more?

now can we talk about today patch notes like this forum is meant to be it says patch notes for update 11-12-2020 not all this other stuff

I think there was a problem with the update ... another delay
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    They need to be honest with us for once and tell us that the game will be down all day each time they run maintenance.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • oldbonesuk#1190 oldbonesuk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2020

One event hasn't been done yet and another one is starting, it's really high time to take a break from this influx of events. And then again and again an extension of the maintenance, that it is difficult at this time is understandable but it brings about a certain kind of fatigue of the players compared to playing STO.

you don't spend more than 10 minutes to fulfill an event, complain that they put on a new event that gives something for free (without being mandatory) is silly, if you are tired of doing events, just don't do it.

Well Put,

An average TFO on advanced takes what, 6 to 8 mins, back to random que, 6-8 mins, back random que, 6-8 minutes
    of the same endlessly repeated Mission built for players with the patience of a gnat, instant gratification with next to 0 challenge

So why on earth would anyone moan about free variety, that as you rightly say, they DON'T have to take part in lol

/sigh

• bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User

Well Put,

An average TFO on advanced takes what, 6 to 8 mins, back to random que, 6-8 mins, back random que, 6-8 minutes
    of the same endlessly repeated Mission built for players with the patience of a gnat, instant gratification with next to 0 challenge

So why on earth would anyone moan about free variety, that as you rightly say, they DON'T have to take part in lol

/sigh

i would have to agree i missed out on ALL the events since last year, but i am looking forward to start fresh with this new event being planned for today. best part is your not running the event all day long simply get the tfo done in a few minutes and leaves me 12+ hours to do what i like whether i play STO or not. i can see where someone might think its a chore having to actually log in for 15 minutes daily, but is the struggle of logging in for 15 minutes so bad? Anyhow i hope the servers are playable soon very much looking forward to seeing what is new and what changes i need to make to my toons. :)
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    It's on days like these that I miss having Trendy here . . . .
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    first of all gradii mantence does not take all day

most of the time it takes 2 maybe 3 hours everytime they do it. 99% of the time if it takes longer then that it is because there adding a update, witch is bigger then a patch or bug fixes, or if they are having problems with the patch or update then it could take up to 6 hours or longer

witch brings me back to my original question
    i am asking why is the mantence being extended over and over just tell us what you gm's are having problems with and what you gm's are doing to fix it

P.S.
    star trek is a america game the person that created it gene roddenberry was american and the people that own it now cbs studios are all american. Therefore the time zones that company uses are american time zones. If your from other country then you got to suck it up and live with it becuase there not going to adjust a entire game time zone to fit every differnt time zone in the world thats just how it is
  • r4plezr4plez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Flaming/trolling redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
  • lastexile#2682 lastexile Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have feel every time they TRIBBLE up something, that there is like only 5 people left working on this game...sigh
  • kaio#5501 kaio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What in the blood of Christ is taking so long?
    get rdy for another 1 hour extension guys you watch
    get rdy for another 1 hour extension guys you watch

Was just thinking that myself
    8 minutes and we will find out
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »

@pwlaughingtrendy set the Community Manager bar exceptionally high. None have even come close to her level of awesomeness prior to or after her.
    well i am watching my entire collection of TNG all episodes all seasons right now so i got my star trek fix for as long as they want to keep messing with it
    jcsww wrote: »
    arabatur wrote: »

@pwlaughingtrendy set the Community Manager bar exceptionally high. None have even come close to her level of awesomeness prior to or after her.

Trendy learnt from the best ..... branflakes. But this is not the thread to discuss such a topic. We need to keep on topic
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    This is like 1st year.
    Difference now is, back then, they used to post updates on Forums. Where are you ll getting updates from?
    And we are onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Server back up folks
    first of all gradii mantence does not take all day

most of the time it takes 2 maybe 3 hours everytime they do it. 99% of the time if it takes longer then that it is because there adding a update, witch is bigger then a patch or bug fixes, or if they are having problems with the patch or update then it could take up to 6 hours or longer

witch brings me back to my original question
    i am asking why is the mantence being extended over and over just tell us what you gm's are having problems with and what you gm's are doing to fix it

P.S.
    star trek is a america game the person that created it gene roddenberry was american and the people that own it now cbs studios are all american. Therefore the time zones that company uses are american time zones. If your from other country then you got to suck it up and live with it becuase there not going to adjust a entire game time zone to fit every differnt time zone in the world thats just how it is

you were doing well friend until you got to the P.S, then you just threw up the American pride that bordered on stupid trumpism ...
    game is on again
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    And another patch requiring redo of skills/traits. Lovely.​​
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Rant/"I quit" post redacted. -- WingedHussar
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    tasshena wrote: »

Yea. I see they 'forgot' to put that in the patch notes or give any kind of PSA for the general player base again, too.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    tasshena wrote: »

Yea. I see they 'forgot' to put that in the patch notes or give any kind of PSA for the general player base again, too.

Again.
    I don't think asking to have correct and complet information is too much to ask for now, is it?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.