test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Discovery Captain Bundle your thoughts?

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    What a shock.. Som is defending it. Never saw that one coming! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited November 2020
    What a shock.. Som is defending it. Never saw that one coming!
    I know nuance beyond THING BAD I HATE! AND THING GOOD I LIKE! is difficult for you, but do please at least try.

Pointing out where Cryptic likely got their valuation of the bundle isn't defending it, its pointing out where they likely got their valuation of it.

Hilarious, thanks! :lol:

The only thing more funny then your pathetic boot licking is when you try to defend it. Now for your encore.. tell us how you don't always agree with Cryptic.. that's my favorite track on your greatest hits album.

Obviously to everyone else, I have explained why I don't feel this bundle is a good deal, but don't let that stop you from yelling 'Cryptic Good' and throwing your weak rational around like a monkey hurling excrement.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    What a shock.. Som is defending it. Never saw that one coming! :lol:

Yea not an entirely unexpected turn of events but in this case it’s definitely a new low. Praising such a noob-trap offer! Shame on him I'd say.

Humor is the only way that helps one swollow it. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited November 2020
    Also, the Discovery Boffs.. the thing being used to justify this cost.. yeah, not account unlocks.

Only the character that claims the level boost gets them. They're single character only.

This pack sucks.
    edited November 2020
    Also, the Discovery Boffs.. the thing being used to justify this cost.. yeah, not account unlocks.

Only the character that claims the level boost gets them. They're single character only.

This pack sucks.

Pottsey hinted it in a closed thread a few days ago that Steam log in numbers indicated a good increase in Jan this year. Could be that we have lots of new players who just play a lil bit and do some mild pew pew here and there before they call it a game and leave again.

I can only imagine that it’s an offer directly aimed and those players. They see thier brand new Disco ship, get to be supreme ueber Admiral with one payment and before they know it cryptic has made a 100 bucks.

Somebody in Bronze showed yesterday that levelling to 65 can be done in 4h or so. Nobody with half experience at STO would seriously consider it so the target group here stands for sure.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    This ship doesn't look worth it. Atleast with the Romulan Bundle I actually loved the stats on the T'Liss it is still my main ship for my romulan to this day, it was fun to fly, and good.

This? This thing? I mean it looks like I could use it but... it just seems to be disappointing overall. I like the skin they came up with atleast.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.

This pack sucks.

Pottsey hinted it in a closed thread a few days ago that Steam log in numbers indicated a good increase in Jan this year. Could be that we have lots of new players who just play a lil bit and do some mild pew pew here and there before they call it a game and leave again.

I can only imagine that it’s an offer directly aimed and those players. They see thier brand new Disco ship, get to be supreme ueber Admiral with one payment and before they know it cryptic has made a 100 bucks.

Somebody in Bronze showed yesterday that levelling to 65 can be done in 4h or so. Nobody with half experience at STO would seriously consider it so the target group here stands for sure.

I would agree, but the level boost can't be used unless you have at least one character on your account that's already at level 65. So while it would seem this is targeted at new players, that makes it seem like it's targeted more at vets looking to level an alt. It's an overall very confusing bundle.. the most valuable part of it seems to be the Georgiou Skin for the Walker.
    edited November 2020

This pack sucks.

I would agree, but the level boost can't be used unless you have at least one character on your account that's already at level 65. So while it would seem this is targeted at new players, that makes it seem like it's targeted more at vets looking to level an alt. It's an overall very confusing bundle.. the most valuable part of it seems to be the Georgiou Skin for the Walker.

Hm... you are right. Perhaps a mix of some sort? Peeps who made a character, got bored on the end game grind, want to try out another profession/faction or something?

Beats me but I suppose their metric will show them why to do it and its certainly not there to get me.

Man, I feel like spending something but will have to hold out a few days in the hopes for some serious deals on black friday.

I hope I won't end up disappointed. :D
    animated.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I like the ship, and the boffs, i just wish they were account bound, and about the token, well.. it does not matter to me that much.. 6000z is a lot.. i buyed the Mirror one in a heartbeat.. it was that good.. this one, i'm on the fence...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Since I wanted to put my DSC char in a Kelvin (Einstein), I would pool my dil and maybe invest 10€ in a legendary Kelvin bundle, but only in the 4500zen variant. 6000 or 12000 is just ludicrous.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    One question thou.. are the phasers the regular kind or integrity linked or something like that?, because that would change the value a lot.. :neutral:
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

This pack sucks.

Definitely a missed opportunity there with the BOff's. If I can't endlessly airlock the Burnham BOff, then there is no value in having them at all. Sadly, there is no Saru BO. A part of the allure of having the BO's account wide, is to mix and match crews. I have the Geordi, EMH, and TOS holo bridge officers and a couple of the DS9 ones as well. Mixing them or just using one or two of each on certain crews makes them much more useful than being stuck with them on one crew only. I would really like the ship, but ultimately, that is about all I want from the bundle and I don't think it is worth 6,000 ZEN when I already have the Lobi ship on one character.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

This pack sucks.

I agree with thet Holo DSC BOFFs should've been account-wide for this price & delivered by this method, it would've been a far greater incentive.
    Just doing a basic breakdown of what can be immediately priced using the zen store
    • T6 Ship - 3,000z(this should probably be higher since the T6 Walker is normally a lobi ship)
    • 6 holo boffs - 4800z(based on an 80% discount on the price of the other holodoffs in Mudds)
    • 12x bank slots - 300z
    • 36x inventory slots - 1,200z
    • 6x BOFF slots - 750z
    • 2x starship slots - 500z
    All of this is 10,550z.

The 250,000 in rep dil vouchers is between 547-551 zen worth of dil.

And the actual level boost itself, 1mil EC, 1mil expertise, 5 spec qualifications, 5 enhanced universal tech upgrades, all the MK XIV purple ground and space items, and the BOFF boosts, being worth around 900z, to bring it to a total of 12k, isn't that far fetched.

I personnally think any time using Mudd's as the paradigm for pricing is just flawed logic & a bad equation since Mudd's is blatantly inflated prices, but then again all pricing is subjective till you buy it making it objective.

I do think that Cryptic should consider tossing in a characgter slot with these packs when including that character boost to level 65. For me I'm holding on to me last couple of character slots for if/when Cryptic decides to re-run a recruitment event I missed out on. Unless, as I've previously speculated & am concerned about, Cryptic is going to use these packs to sell a recruitment event option. But again, I'm sure plenty of people will buy this too, so there will be another similar pack in the near future as well.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    So as far as I can tell, Cryptic still has not posted anything pertaining to this new pack in the Galactic News Network forum. Nor have they posted anything in said forum about the new loadout system.
    garaffe wrote: »
    So as far as I can tell, Cryptic still has not posted anything pertaining to this new pack in the Galactic News Network forum. Nor have they posted anything in said forum about the new loadout system.

Not sure if that is pandemic-related or just a decision. I disagree with it & think it is unprofessional, but ho well. During 2020 Cryptic's official communicating using these official forums has defintiely tappered off. I've been told Cryptic instead perfers to use 3rd party social media sites.
    gaevsman wrote: »
    One question thou.. are the phasers the regular kind or integrity linked or something like that?, because that would change the value a lot.. :neutral:

I might be wrong but I disagree with your assessment. Aren't only the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors the only weapons that come with these ships, unless a special torp or something that can be upgraded? Usually the weapons, even if "themed" that come with a ship cannot be upgraded. I wish they'd change that or have them unlocked perhaps in the dilithium store, but usually these ships' weapons scale up to Mk X or XII but cannot be upgraded pass that.
    edited November 2020
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I might be wrong but I disagree with your assessment. Aren't only the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors the only weapons that come with these ships, unless a special torp or something that can be upgraded? Usually the weapons, even if "themed" that come with a ship cannot be upgraded. I wish they'd change that or have them unlocked perhaps in the dilithium store, but usually these ships' weapons scale up to Mk X or XII but cannot be upgraded pass that.

You are supossed to be able to get level XV equipment.. so my question is if that level equipment includes the integrity linked weapons, or just the regular phaser weapons.. if they do have integrity ones.. then yeah, thats a lot.. they are incredible expensive, as you may know.. if they are the regular.. that's quite a missed opportunity, as this bundle is for DSC chars.. so it should be theme appropiate..
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I might be wrong but I disagree with your assessment. Aren't only the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors the only weapons that come with these ships, unless a special torp or something that can be upgraded? Usually the weapons, even if "themed" that come with a ship cannot be upgraded. I wish they'd change that or have them unlocked perhaps in the dilithium store, but usually these ships' weapons scale up to Mk X or XII but cannot be upgraded pass that.

You are supossed to be able to get level XV equipment.. so my question is if that level equipment includes the integrity linked weapons, or just the regular phaser weapons.. if they do have integrity ones.. then yeah, thats a lot.. they are incredible expensive, as you may know.. if they are the regular.. that's quite a missed opportunity, as this bundle is for DSC chars.. so it should be theme appropiate..

Oh I understand you now, part of that FULL SUITE of VR Mk XIV Ground & Space gear. It does say "many different options for outfitting your ship," so if/when you buy it I hope you get what you want. I'd probably wait myself & ask in-game about it from someone that bought it first myself knowing my Cryptic luck. I still think Cryptic should handle such things similar to what they did with that Qulash ship awhile back, that was great imo.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    They should give us an option to just instant-level a character.

It makes no sense to bind it to a specific ship some players may not be interested in.

Just let players buy the things they actually want, instead of a bundle from which they may never use like half the contents.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    edited November 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's not just 2020. It's basically since Kael took over as CM. He seems to be deathly allergic to the forum for some reason.

Yea the reason is called work! In his position tending to forums means doing work, streaming only means talking about work.

I guess he has his preference there. ;)
    animated.gif
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    It's not just 2020. It's basically since Kael took over as CM. He seems to be deathly allergic to the forum for some reason.

Yea the reason is called work! In his position tending to forums means doing work, streaming only means talking about work.

He might be employed part-time, which is my guess, since even adding up his work on Champions Online too the numbers do not addup for a normal 7-8h per day job. Personally he doesnt strike me as a bad or too lazy person(clumsy? yes definitely) and since I dont details of his agreed workhours I do not want to go as far as saying he does so on purpose.
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Oh I understand you now, part of that FULL SUITE of VR Mk XIV Ground & Space gear. It does say "many different options for outfitting your ship," so if/when you buy it I hope you get what you want. I'd probably wait myself & ask in-game about it from someone that bought it first myself knowing my Cryptic luck. I still think Cryptic should handle such things similar to what they did with that Qulash ship awhile back, that was great imo.

Yeah, always liked the walker, it's one of the few ships i dont have.. but didnt wanted to have the lobi one.. i was on the fence... now that is account unlock, i'll get it.. as i had 1000z from my stipend, and got 1000z from dilithium, the pack will cost me 4000z this time, so i decided to give it a go, also i love the 2411 skin. :smiley:

Nailed it. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.