test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transferring PS4 Accounts

spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
Let's say my ps4 goes down the tubes. Is it possible to transfer my account/saved games to a new PS4 ? Like, are your accounts saved on a server or something so that if you get a new PS4 and the STO game, you can just sign in or something and not lose progress ? I would hate to play for years and then suddenly lose everything.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes, all of your progress is saved server side. If you got a new PS4 or you went to a friends house and signed into your account on their PS4 you would have everything you had the last time you logged out.

You would lose nothing. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Yes, all of your progress is saved server side. If you got a new PS4 or you went to a friends house and signed into your account on their PS4 you would have everything you had the last time you logged out.

You would lose nothing. :smile:

Do you mean a PS4/playstation account ? Or a game account ? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I just don't do things like this often enough to always remember the solutions to things...
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The game account is the same, data is saved on Cryptic servers, so you are ok... (i dont jnow if the ps4 account and the Cryptic accounts are linked thou) anyway all your progress is saved
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah your storage device (be it HD or SSD) would quickly fill just from STO alone if the game stored account data, as far as I know no MMO stores that stuff on your device (could be true of other online games as wellbut I'm not sure).
This discussion has been closed.