test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stuck at ds9

thraawn5thraawn5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
So I left the game some 18 months ago, and came back in this past weekend. Everything seemed fine until I log into my Klingon toon.
He is now stuck at ds9,..i cant use transwarp,.i cant go to sector space,..i cant join any pve ques,..I can add quest using the Hail button but cant drop them or start them. EVERY THING IS GRAYED OUT,..

This an old toon who has been 65 for a long time,.. what can i do,..
plz Help
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    If really everything is grayed out (and it's not caused by connection lag, and the game is not trying still load all needed info about surroundings), then perhaps you could try force a safe login for a toon - like log for it, then sever the connection, and after connection time-out you could try and log back - I remember sometimes the game asked after crashes if I want a safe login, the game would start the toon at interstellar map...
    If this would not work, then the best bet would be fill the ticket in-game, or try "support" option on STO web site...
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I believe this has occurred due to the Klingon starter missions revamp - you need to complete them again, as the the game thinks you're a newbie, regardless of your actual level.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    I believe this has occurred due to the Klingon starter missions revamp - you need to complete them again, as the the game thinks you're a newbie, regardless of your actual level.
    But first he'd need to be able to leave DS9, which appears to be an issue just now - looks like he can't even transwarp back to Qo'noS.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    If you are in a fleet try getting an invite to a fleet holding.
  • thraawn5thraawn5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yeah it says I need to complete intro mish,..yet have no way out,. Will try the fleet invite thing.
    thx for all the responses .

Just why would cryptic leave such a horrible bug in game????
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree, this is a rather unusual bug.

Although I never HAD to replay the new missions on my existing KDF...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    have you tried starting the game in safe mode?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    thraawn5 wrote: »
    So I left the game some 18 months ago, and came back in this past weekend. Everything seemed fine until I log into my Klingon toon.
    He is now stuck at ds9,..i cant use transwarp,.i cant go to sector space,..i cant join any pve ques,..I can add quest using the Hail button but cant drop them or start them. EVERY THING IS GRAYED OUT,..

This an old toon who has been 65 for a long time,.. what can i do,..
    plz Help

I've had that happen at a few starbases. DS9. Droxana, Fleet, etc. It seems to happen if you have transwarped or been bounced to the location via a quest or shortcut. The fix for me is Beam to the Starbase. Wait 5 seconds. Then beam back to your ship. You should be able to leave now.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Are you able to accept missions from your mission log? If so, open the Episodes tab and find the very first mission listed, if there is a Hail button, press that. If not, go to the next one down until you find the first one with the mission hail option. Once you accept it, you should have the mission objective over on the right side of your screen with a button you can push to transwarp to the start of that mission. If you're able to do that, then progress though your first chapter of missions and after that you should be fine.

The other option is to see if you have a 'Skip' option. If you do, then skip everything.. go one mission chain at a time down the line and skip everything and see of that unlocks your beam out.

The fleet holding is also an excellent idea. Hopefully, one of these helps, if not then your next best option is open a support ticket and ask them to beam you to Qo'nos.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    thraawn5 wrote: »
    yeah it says I need to complete intro mish,..yet have no way out,. Will try the fleet invite thing.
    thx for all the responses .

Just why would cryptic leave such a horrible bug in game????

Because at Cryptic, Quality is job 42.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Arms, I know it's fun to poke fun, but as a former programmer myself that annoys me. How in Gre'thor are they expected to fix a bug nobody had found yet?

Now someone's managed to trigger whatever extremely rare circumstances loop the code in an unexpected fashion. Before - well, you can't look for something you don't even know exists.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @crypticarmsman said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because at Cryptic, Quality is job 42.

We'll it is the 'answer to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything'. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Arms, I know it's fun to poke fun, but as a former programmer myself that annoys me. How in Gre'thor are they expected to fix a bug nobody had found yet?

Now someone's managed to trigger whatever extremely rare circumstances loop the code in an unexpected fashion. Before - well, you can't look for something you don't even know exists.

It's called regression testing - and yes, when you redo tutorial missions, you should test if it has an effect on existing character data (which in this case it obviously did).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Being forced to redo a tutorial isn't a new issue, the revamped klink tutorial just made it rear its head once again.

I have a klink who dates from the "golden age" when playing a fed to 20 was the tutorial for klinks who were limited to a nebula or pvp for levelling, a process that was still more enjoyable than the recent TFO event. When the missions were added they played through and completed but since then everytime the tutorial has been poked or prodded I've had to run them through it once again. And yes, I had to skippedy-do-da the missions once again with the recent revamping to gain access to patrols, tfo and the rest.
  • thraawn5thraawn5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Being forced to redo a tutorial isn't a new issue, the revamped klink tutorial just made it rear its head once again.

I have a klink who dates from the "golden age" when playing a fed to 20 was the tutorial for klinks who were limited to a nebula or pvp for levelling, a process that was still more enjoyable than the recent TFO event. When the missions were added they played through and completed but since then everytime the tutorial has been poked or prodded I've had to run them through it once again. And yes, I had to skippedy-do-da the missions once again with the recent revamping to gain access to patrols, tfo and the rest.

When I asked in public chat,...this is what i was told,..by MANNY people,. The game thinks my toon is lvl 1,..and so i have no access to travel of any kind.
    also this is a kdf toon from YE OLDEN TIMES.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I had a similar issue with a Klingon on DS9. I had to go to a KDF General in charge of one of the reputations... it might have been Omega task force, my memory is bad, and talk to him about his group. After that, everything updated. Anyway, the General is in one of the stores heading counterclockwise beyond the shipyard, on the right.
This discussion has been closed.