test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About to shove my communications officer into an airlock!

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 645 Arc User
I really wish they would stop answering hails automatically. I don't know how many times they've interrupted me trying to pick my mark rewards or had me warp out of map while I still had items to collect after a fight. I know nothing is going to change with how this works, just needed to vent a little. :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i seem to recall there being an option to turn off auto-hail in the options menu - no idea if it'll actually work though, since so many other things are broken​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Agreed.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    i seem to recall there being an option to turn off auto-hail in the options menu - no idea if it'll actually work though, since so many other things are broken​​

Yes it does, its in the first tab, disable auto hail... the first thing i do when i install the game...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    And it's one of those stupid per character options that really should be implemented account-wide. You will need to turn it off for each character.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Also, my helm officer needs to lay off the Romulan ale. Yes, I know, there's a star right there, and our destination is over thataway. Do I really need to tell you that the departure plot does not go through said star??

I dunno, maybe Starfleet needs to bring back flogging...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Also, my helm officer needs to lay off the Romulan ale. Yes, I know, there's a star right there, and our destination is over thataway. Do I really need to tell you that the departure plot does not go through said star??

I'm pretty romulan ale is too mild to explain the navigation "skill" of my nav officer or the helm which ever keeps flying either into stars or several light years from the destination.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User

I would be okay with that!
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @jcsww said:
    > And it's one of those stupid per character options that really should be implemented account-wide. You will need to turn it off for each character.

If you go into the options menu while still in the character selection screen and disable auto hail it should work for an new characters, at least thats been my experience. Not sure about existing characters though.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Sometimes after an update, this option, and randomly sometimes other ones too, even though they show they are enabled or disabled they actually reverted to default. The workaround is to turn it to the opposite choice of what it is, confirm and then again set the option you had before. For me it most often happens with the move equipment to new ship option which I like having off as I do ship projects with their own non-shared equipment
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Clearly your pilot went to Helmsman 101 taught by Cdr Deanna Troi
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.