KDF legendary pack

2»

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I think the best would be to go for a 5-6 ship pack, B'Rel, Negh'Tev, Vorcha, D7 and Sarcophagus. Sarcophagus is only dread among those and only hangar petship(aka 2 hangars) so I think it should be included especially since canon and a KDF heroes/archvillain ship depending on what angle you see it from. Considering some people main a sci, maybe they need include one of the "madeup" sci designs to cover all classes. Of course if they go with 5-6 ships price cant be same to the Fed one, obviously

It was in 2 episodes and then never seen again, I'd hardly call it a hero ship...especially since it broke down.

If you want a ship with two hangars then why not the Discovery D7 instead? Only fair since the Fed pack got the Discovery Connie (And preferably the Kelvin D7 since the Kelvin Connie was in it)

If you mean for personal preferance I like DSC D7 and Sarcophagus equally. Generally I like 2 hangar ships. Nowadays I T6Xed the KDF Fleet support carrier(fleet vo'quv t6) and using it mostly - on the new skin even. I got the mirror and normal skins choices too.

But my thinking behind why they would include Sarcophagus is another. It was T'kuvmas ship and used for many generations of ancenstors, a symbol for the klingons of that era - a museum of their history in a way so the importance to the empire is significant, especially when we consider T'kuvmas importance to klingons as well. It would be hard to exclude it from a legendary bundle if you wanted to outline the ships legendary status.

That said in the end its not impossible we hope and speculate for nothing. If the Romulan legendary bundle is any indication, if cryptic thinks they wont make a lot they just will make 1-3 ships along with a bit fluff included in same pack. So personally, I try to keep my hopes in check

There are more than enough ships for them to make a 10 pack bundle just like Feds got...but they wont do that because this is the year of the klingon. The D7 and very similar designs have been a icon since it all started and have appeared in almost every series. Since KDF probably isn't going to get a 10 pack I think it's important they at least get all 3 D7s since the Fed pack got all 3 Constitutions.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The thing is what we want and what we will get are two different things. Considering the past I doubt they will make many ships even if I would obviously like to. Like I said I will be happy if we see at least 3 ships cause Cryptic is allergic to non Federation ships
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    This is cryptic we are talking about. We'll get a legendary HMS Bounty that the feddy bears can use aswell. Or worse, a feddy bear only legendary HMS Bounty
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    You mentioned only hero/iconic ships...like the Mirror Galaxy Dreadnought? A mirror version of a single episode one-off ship from an alternate future.
    That's not hero or iconic. No reason not to get those ships for the Klingons. You do have to make some allowances here and there.

I DO however agree that we wouldn't see non-Klingon ships like the Orions and Gorn in the bundle...maybe down the road as it's own but not in the bundle.
    The Galaxy-X in general has a rather iconic due to its role in the series finale of TNG.

The Mirror Galaxy-X was part of a special collaboration with IDW comics, who have also provided J'ula, and the Federation Somerville class ship to STO. With the Mirror Gal-X playing a center role in one of IDW's well received Mirror Universe comic series.

If you can get IDW to make a similar kind of comic focusing on a Klingon ship you could then argue STO should do it as a legendary.

By that logic the USS Pasteur is iconic and should be in the legendary pack since it had such a prominent role in the finale. As well as the Klingon ships from that episode - especially since they also appeared in the finale of Voyager.

If you're going to make up excuses why we should include Federation ships and not Klingon then this will get very long and very boring. I'm sure I could find some Klingon ships in comics that we should include because they were iconic in those comics...it goes on and on.

The 10 ships I suggested are MORE than reasonable as iconic ships for a legendary pack for Klingons - please explain how they are not.
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Can we at least get the fed legendary traits?
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    By that logic the USS Pasteur is iconic and should be in the legendary pack since it had such a prominent role in the finale.
    Lol no. The Gal-X in AGT was the upgraded version of the ENT-D. Literally the hero ship of the show.

The Gal X never existed, though. That future was destroyed with the time anomaly, at the minimum. And when Q took Picard to primordial Earth, the anomaly prevented life from forming, which would prevent Riker upgrading the Ent D, as would the destruction of the Ent D a few years after AGT in Generations.

However, as the whole thing was a Q trial, there is no reason to believe it was ever anything more than a dream. Its a fake ship that we have never seen in the "reality" of Star Trek and has no business being a Legendary ship over pretty much any other actual ship seen on screen.
  • Options
    The Gal X never existed, though.
    Neither did Warship Voyager, and yet whats the legendary skin for Voyager?

Besides, Kim becoming captain of the Rhode Island was an alternate future also, still happened in STO.

Warship voyager is a skin option, its not the raison d'etre for the Intrepid Legendary ship. Gal X is not a skin, its a unique, separate ship.

Kim in charge of the Rhode Island wasn't because of a Q induced fiction, and was indeed a possible, if alternate, future, as opposed to a completely fictional reality of the Gal X and the time anomaly.
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    By that logic the USS Pasteur is iconic and should be in the legendary pack since it had such a prominent role in the finale.
    Lol no. The Gal-X in AGT was the upgraded version of the ENT-D. Literally the hero ship of the show.
    I'm sure I could find some Klingon ships in comics that we should include because they were iconic in those comics...it goes on and on.
    Then get IDW to work with Cryptic to allow them to use those designs.
    please explain how they are not.
    Well Lets see
    • The Kelvin D7 never showed up prominently in the movie. We see it for like all of two seconds on a screen during the KY test.
    • The Kelvin D4 had only a little bit more time.
    • The Raptor is a ship from a one off episode of ENT, and not some big mainstay of Klingon forces that people really remember.

The others are fine. B'rel, Vorcha, D7, Negh'var, Bortasqu, those make sense.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall sometimes Som...you will not allow others to make a point and admit that it's reasonable unless it agrees with your view of the world.
    Gal-X is a one of ship from a single episode with limited screen time - in no way iconic. The Galaxy is iconic.
    So we only get to have federation ones that you agree with - anything Klingon is just wrong unless you say so.

Kelvin D-7 - Kelvin version of literally one of the most iconic ships of Star Trek, right up there with the Enterprise
    Kelvin D-4 - was IN THE MOVIE!
    Raptor - was a ship from a one-off episode...like, oh I don't know...Galaxy X perhaps? Just because it isn't in every episode doesn't mean it isn't the iconic ship OF THAT ERA. It certainly hasn't stopped the parade of made up Federation ships coming out, so if we're going to go legendary why not let the Klingons have a ship from all the movies and all the shows? Just because it doesn't fit your personal narrow guidelines which will change anyway to support whatever argument you bring up doesn't mean it isn't iconic for the era for others.

Stop trying to gatekeep the Klingon players by telling them what is iconic to them. We're telling you - here is a list of ten ships from the movies and the shows, plus the STO hero ship, there is zero reason why those ships shouldn't get the same treatment beyond "They're not Federation" - and if you fall on that every time then it becomes apparent that there should be zero player interaction outside of the Federation.

Either support the players who want to play these factions or admit that, you know what, we don't like them and just don't want to.

But please stop with the shifting arguments here...well it's iconic from the finale, well no it's an upgrade to the hero ship from the rest of the show, well no it's actually a special comic deal. Give it up already, the argument doesn't change the fact that there is no reason not to allow the Klingon players the same content other than you don't want them to have it.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    This is cryptic we are talking about. We'll get a legendary HMS Bounty that the feddy bears can use aswell. Or worse, a feddy bear only legendary HMS Bounty

would you like cheese with your wine?
    wine-cheese-pairing-cork.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    I'm sure I could find some Klingon ships in comics that we should include because they were iconic in those comics...it goes on and on.
    Then get IDW to work with Cryptic to allow them to use those designs.
    please explain how they are not.
    Well Lets see
    • The Kelvin D7 never showed up prominently in the movie. We see it for like all of two seconds on a screen during the KY test.
    • The Kelvin D4 had only a little bit more time.
    • The Raptor is a ship from a one off episode of ENT, and not some big mainstay of Klingon forces that people really remember.

The others are fine. B'rel, Vorcha, D7, Negh'var, Bortasqu, those make sense.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall sometimes Som...you will not allow others to make a point and admit that it's reasonable unless it agrees with your view of the world.
    Gal-X is a one of ship from a single episode with limited screen time - in no way iconic. The Galaxy is iconic.
    So we only get to have federation ones that you agree with - anything Klingon is just wrong unless you say so.

Kelvin D-7 - Kelvin version of literally one of the most iconic ships of Star Trek, right up there with the Enterprise
    Kelvin D-4 - was IN THE MOVIE!
    Raptor - was a ship from a one-off episode...like, oh I don't know...Galaxy X perhaps? Just because it isn't in every episode doesn't mean it isn't the iconic ship OF THAT ERA. It certainly hasn't stopped the parade of made up Federation ships coming out, so if we're going to go legendary why not let the Klingons have a ship from all the movies and all the shows? Just because it doesn't fit your personal narrow guidelines which will change anyway to support whatever argument you bring up doesn't mean it isn't iconic for the era for others.

Stop trying to gatekeep the Klingon players by telling them what is iconic to them. We're telling you - here is a list of ten ships from the movies and the shows, plus the STO hero ship, there is zero reason why those ships shouldn't get the same treatment beyond "They're not Federation" - and if you fall on that every time then it becomes apparent that there should be zero player interaction outside of the Federation.

Either support the players who want to play these factions or admit that, you know what, we don't like them and just don't want to.

But please stop with the shifting arguments here...well it's iconic from the finale, well no it's an upgrade to the hero ship from the rest of the show, well no it's actually a special comic deal. Give it up already, the argument doesn't change the fact that there is no reason not to allow the Klingon players the same content other than you don't want them to have it.

first, the galaxy-X is not part of the legendary bundle.
    NX-01
    1701(a)
    1701 disco
    1701-D
    1701-E
    1701-F STO Hero
    1701-Kelvin
    Defiant
    Intrepid
    Discovery
    the only one that really should not belong is the NX variant because it only was in 1 episode, but all the others were the series mainstays. in no way can they be construed as equal to ships that have less than 30 minutes of airtime (Neg'var and Vor'cha) any kelvin ship other than Enterprise. in fact the only 2 KDF ships that come anywhere near as close to iconic are the D7 and the BoP. that said, I think a reasonably priced D7 with K'Tinga alternate skin, B'rel, Vor'cha, Neg'Var and Bort are the only ones that SHOULD be considered as "legendary". although it would be disappointing if the "legendary" Vorcha did not have the "led by the nose" trait, if an enemy ship locks a tractor on -50% weapon power and accuracy... just sayin.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    first, the galaxy-X is not part of the legendary bundle.
    He was talking about the Legendary Mirror Gal-X that came out recently.

but it is not part of the bundle, and it is a feature of a cryptic partner, as cited above. again, there is no KDF ships that have been featured like that in a cryptic partner either. I guarantee you if Picard or Disco get a hero rom/kdf ship on air, it WILL come to STO
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Must have suffered for days coming up with that compelling counter argument, I hope it didn't fatigue you to much.
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »

Must have suffered for days coming up with that compelling counter argument, I hope it didn't fatigue you to much.

Poor lamb will have to lie down for a bit before the next one I imagine.
  • Options
    Warship voyager is a skin option, its not the raison d'etre for the Intrepid Legendary ship. Gal X is not a skin, its a unique, separate ship.

Kim in charge of the Rhode Island wasn't because of a Q induced fiction, and was indeed a possible, if alternate, future, as opposed to a completely fictional reality of the Gal X and the time anomaly.
    And neither was the Gal-X existing the reason for this Legendary version. the fact that it was a focused ship in an IDW comic series, who Cryptic are working alongside, is.

And are you suggesting that just because Q made it up means it couldn't have existed in reality? What a horribly awful argument.

You do realize how little that comic sold, right? Less than 10k copies to be generous. It is a non canon source for something most people have never seen until it got put into game. It does not deserve legendary status over many other ships that do. The legendary bar is incredibly low now.

The "prime" universe Gal X never existed. Period. There is zero canon evidence of it, and you are the one arguing for hard adherence to canon. It could also hit warp 13. That isn't possible. Ent D was also destroyed. There's no reason to upgrade Galaxy classes now that there is a Sovereign or even Odyssey, especially if none of them are named Enterprise. AGT was a fictional future created by Q with the simple purpose of getting Picard to believe it could be the future.

So you tell me what is a better argument, someone being likely to chase a promotion and specific ship for whatever reason, or an unnecessary design upgrade happens to an already destroyed ship with canon-impossible specifications to ships that are outdated and easier to replace than upgrade?
  • Options
    gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    If I was suggesting what ships to put in a Legendary Klingon pack-

1- TOS D7 Ship
    2- T'Kuvma Ship
    3- Movie Ship
    4- NX (D4?) Ship
    5- DIS D7 Ship

Since most of those ships are in the Store already at T5+ it seems like a waste to put in Legendary EXCEPT look at the Romulan ship? Just 1 new skin not the MANY other ships

Realistically it will be T6 T'Kuvma and make the DIS D7 a T5 with a free X token
  • Options
    There is no way we'll get a legendary pack. At best we'll get a Romulan style legendary ship.
This discussion has been closed.