test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If named dreadnaughts count as dreadnaughts

corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
Why doesn't Squamous count as a Bio-Engineered Viriosaurus Rex??
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have to say I wondered if that one would count. That mission is a pretty nice way of getting the Dewan arthropods now, I was hoping that dino would count for a Rex kill. I'm not entirely surprised though.

The intent of the endeavor is most likely there to get people to run around in the sphere BZ and push it to completion, and Squamous wouldn't help that.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Sometimes the endeavor system has oddly specific demands in it.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I had also hoped that Squamous would count as a V-Rex. Was disappointed, but not surprised, that he didn't count.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Madran: "That's insulting! SQUAMOUS isn't any V-Rex! It's my SQUAMOUS!... Don't listen to them, SQUAMOUS, they always show up to ruin the day!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The intent of the endeavor is most likely there to get people to run around in the sphere BZ and push it to completion, and Squamous wouldn't help that.

Sphere BZ is ok, the problem starts when endeavors forces you to go to Gon'cra BZ... which is horrible, take too much time, and its very problematic.

But you are right. This system pushes you to do many things, including long dead and unplayable TFO-s...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    varethael wrote: »

Sphere BZ is ok, the problem starts when endeavors forces you to go to Gon'cra BZ... which is horrible, take too much time, and its very problematic.

But you are right. This system pushes you to do many things, including long dead and unplayable TFO-s...

Gon'cra Endeavor isn't really a problem though.. I know the BZ sucks, so I just kill the number of ships I need for the endeavor and then leave. Seems that's what most people there are doing anyway.

Sticking around to try and complete the zone is a waste of time. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Like sea, I just go to Gon'cra when I have Tzenkethi ships to kill. Kill ships and leave.

I too would like Squamous to count as a V-Rex kill, as he acts just like the V-Rex in the BZ.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Gon'cra Endeavor isn't really a problem though.. I know the BZ sucks, so I just kill the number of ships I need for the endeavor and then leave. Seems that's what most people there are doing anyway.

If the Viriosaurus spawning wasn't handled in a manner that basically screws over the people actually *DOING* the battlezone, I'd be less hostile to an endeavor that further bloats the number of players sitting around the spawn zone to obliterate the Viriosaurus within seconds of spawning. Having Squamous count as one gives those players some place else to go and get that endeavor done without compounding problems in an already-problematic bz.

Totally this. I was actually DOING it, and missed the V-Rex for it this morning. by the time I had run the 1.5 areas to it, it was already dead :/

All that does is prompt even MORE people to sit in the spawn zone and carpet it with mines and whatever. Not here with mines when it starts? You lose.

And I've seen Gon'cra beaten plenty of times, it's just a matter of hitting all areas at once or close to it to make sure the idiotic 'instant flipback' issue doesn't take zones away. Just have to make sure enough people are there to try it. *shrug*​​
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I went to Gon'cra this morning to complete an endeavor and the zone was in final phase. Some people there apparently had no idea how to drop the shields around the three ships though. We still managed to destroy two of the three ships before time ran out.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Why doesn't Squamous count as a Bio-Engineered Viriosaurus Rex??

because he goes down faster than a drunk prom queen?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

If the Viriosaurus spawning wasn't handled in a manner that basically screws over the people actually *DOING* the battlezone, I'd be less hostile to an endeavor that further bloats the number of players sitting around the spawn zone to obliterate the Viriosaurus within seconds of spawning. Having Squamous count as one gives those players some place else to go and get that endeavor done without compounding problems in an already-problematic bz.

the fix is to have SIX silos and the Rex' and engineers randomly spawn
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    The Endeavours suffer from lots of problems that are similar to what the OP describes. Sometimes things just don't register.

Just some errors I can think of right now:

- 'Deal x amount of damage' only counts actual hitpoints lost, instead of damage dealt (a Borg drone with less than 600 HP will never count for more than 600, even if you deal 1500 damage in a single shot for example).
    - 'Kill 60 Voth in the Battlezone' doesn't count robotic Voth like turrets, despite these being included and counted in the regular mission you get from commander Arnold.
    - 'Heal x amount of shield' or 'hitpoints' doesn't count passive regeneration.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.