test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Earth Secretly part of the Federation Still? Spoilers Warning

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
After I saw Episode 3 I kept pondering why Earth left Starfleet and or the Federation it still part of the Federation and Starfleet but only in Secret and here is why with things in uncertain with Dylithum pretty much Rarer then Latinum it could be a Protocol that the Federation put in place to protect the head Founder World from Raiders and Pirates since there Fleet pretty much went up in smoke. So Starfleet Gave Earth everything they needed to Protect them self's and maintain them selves. This Clue came with Admiral Ta'l why would a Starfleet Admiral came to Earth if only make sure everyone is okay and there plan is working because unless they find a clue what happen in the Burn that caused it and able to find an Alternative ATL drive They cannot Unify them selves like before; and with Discovery came in to the Picture with Spore Drive a Lost Technology Earth is actually looking to set things back into the Federation that's my Theory
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    While it is odd that the literal CAPITAL of the Federation broke away from the Federation... there is just too little information to go on right now.

Besides... what happened to Starfleet Academy?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Starfleet Academy is still fine, apparently - at least the buildings are still there. Presumably, it's now being used as a training academy for the United Earth defense fleet.

BTW, Ryu - "spoilers" are for when you have actual information that isn't out yet, or that others might not have seen (like episode synopses on Thursday morning). What you're doing is called "speculation", and doesn't require a spoiler warning.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    It’s not odd that at some point in time a Capitol changes or moves. At one point in time New York was the seat of power for the US before they set the Capitol in Washington DC. Half of every US state has changed its State’s Capitol.

I imagine Star Fleet Academy probably got repurposed into Earth Defense Force Academy.

> @rattler2 said:
    > While it is odd that the literal CAPITAL of the Federation broke away from the Federation... there is just too little information to go on right now.
    >
    > Besides... what happened to Starfleet Academy?
    Post edited by khan5000 on
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    BTW, Ryu - "spoilers" are for when you have actual information that isn't out yet, or that others might not have seen (like episode synopses on Thursday morning). What you're doing is called "speculation", and doesn't require a spoiler warning.

But wouldn't the OP be a spoiler since Earth left the Federation is a spoiler for those that haven't watched the previous episode?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Earth left the Federation? This is officialy the dumbest thing with new Trek I've heard in a while.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    In regards of sporedrive being unknown tech, season 3 happens almost a millenia after season 2 so there is plenty of ways that data could have been misplaced or destroyed in the meantime especially since it was highly classified so there probably wasn't that many copies floating around.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Earth left the Federation? This is officialy the dumbest thing with new Trek I've heard in a while.
    Not so much that Earth left the Federation, as that the Federation left Earth, and then dilithium got all wonky, and, well...

I don't know where the silly idea of making Earth the Federation capitol came from in the first place. I much preferred the TOS idea that the Federation Council meets on a neutral planetoid (Babel), rather than on a world that belongs to a particular member.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Its why I Think Earth is still part of the Federation and also still there Capital but because they have no stable FTL drive at the moment They Cannot protect Earth and hits people so they have to leave Earth and they Open that they Split from the Federation in order to protect them. Its like placing a Decoy Leader to Protect the Actual Leader by Keeping the Federation Secret from the Rest of the Galaxy then Raiders and Pirates have no idea who to attack. I think the Defense are Starfleet but they altered them too look like Earth Defenses force
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Not so much that Earth left the Federation, as that the Federation left Earth, and then dilithium got all wonky, and, well...

I don't know where the silly idea of making Earth the Federation capitol came from in the first place. I much preferred the TOS idea that the Federation Council meets on a neutral planetoid (Babel), rather than on a world that belongs to a particular member.

Having the Federation Council and Starfleet HQ on separate starships that are constantly moving makes more sense due to how many attacks on Earth there were in Star Trek.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »

Was it the Federation Capitol though?

I mean, Starfleet HQ was there, the President's Office, and Starfleet Academy but whilst being a founding planet and strategically important I don't recall it being explicitly referred to as being the Federation Captiol. It seems to have been more significant to Starfleet than the Federation as a whole and from what the story has told so far it seemed that Starfleet chosing to leave the planet was the prompt for Earth to secede from the Federation.

True, in fact there is nothing that says that the president's office on Earth is the primary one or whether there are presidential offices on all of the founding worlds and Babel.

The Federation government in traditional Trek could have even been rather spread out, Starfleet HQ was on earth for sure and the Federation high court corresponding with the real world World Court in The Hague was definitively set as being on Babel (which might or might not be the primary meeting place for the Federation Council too, possibly with alternate meeting places on the other core worlds).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    According to Memory Alpha, the Federation Council and the President's office are on Earth. So for all intents and purposes, Earth was treated as the capitol of the Federation. While Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar Prime are the core founding members, it was Earth that was really the glue that brought them together.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Earth
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    That I s why I strongly believe that Earth is still member of the Federation but only in secret the Galaxy as became the wild west no one is really safe. One of the reason the Federation was formed was because result of the Romulan War and everyone who fought in that war figured it would be good idea to work together as one to protect one and other and everyone else. So how can you protect someone with out Ships you can't really. The Federation cannot protect anyone and even its Capital planet thus in order to secure the future of the Federation is to think Earth Separated and Federation failed but in reality Earth is still the Capital and they are just protecting the planet in a different way.
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    According to Memory Alpha, the Federation Council and the President's office are on Earth. So for all intents and purposes, Earth was treated as the capitol of the Federation. While Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar Prime are the core founding members, it was Earth that was really the glue that brought them together.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Earth

So it is singular and definite, interesting. Franz Joseph had it that way too iirc, and I half expected it to be some other arrangement due to the massive feud that came about in the late '70s or so between Roddenberry and Joseph though I was not curious enough to look it up cold and it never came up in any of the Star Trek campaigns I ran in various tabletop games so I did not research it (or at least not beyond Babel being the Hague equivalent anyway, that one was a probable issue so I looked it up to be sure).