test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Year Of Klingon... Is It Really?

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    That would be an argument of the actual problem was that the trait that the KDF was left out of was OP. The problem is that the KDF was left out of the TRAITS AND CONSOLES PERIOD.
    Why does it matter either way?

I recall a time when players were asking for faction exclusive stuff. So now its bad that faction exclusive stuff exists? Or is it simply due to bias against anything Federation?

deflection and goal post moving you say....

You'll get a more enlightening discussion from a brick wall, he lives to white knight the devs.

Fact is it's more like Year of "upgrading assets most players don't even care about seeing" and once it has failed to get more players to play on the red side they will use it as a excuse for years as to why they don't do anything for the KDF...just like they've done time and time before.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Today is a good day to whine.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    That would be an argument of the actual problem was that the trait that the KDF was left out of was OP. The problem is that the KDF was left out of the TRAITS AND CONSOLES PERIOD.

I recall a time when players were asking for faction exclusive stuff. So now its bad that faction exclusive stuff exists? Or is it simply due to bias against anything Federation?

You'll get a more enlightening discussion from a brick wall, he lives to white knight the devs.

Fact is it's more like Year of "upgrading assets most players don't even care about seeing" and once it has failed to get more players to play on the red side they will use it as a excuse for years as to why they don't do anything for the KDF...just like they've done time and time before.

Basicly this, sadly.

The revamp isn't event what it says on the tin. The raid on the Mars shipyards was my fave mission, now they have gutted it and removed the shipyards.

It's just a few ships with mars in the background now. They have basicly cut content under the smokescreen of a "rework".

At this point they may aswell just get on with their agenda, scrap KDF completely and either refund KDF players zen for their ships or give us like for like fed ships.

It's very clear that feddy bear boats is the only real agenda.

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User

Hey I care about those assets, I don't really give a TRIBBLE about ships, but I love the storytelling part of STO and playing space barbie with my toons, the new klingon heads, revamped klingon hair and uniforms are some of the best parts of YoK, what was the whole point of making a captain if you're just going to be staring at your ships all day.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Says YOU. They may not be content for YOU...but they most certainly are for other people. Honestly consoles and traits are not for me (but once again, for other people it is)...but the main reason I play this game is space barbie with my ships...not the tired writing they are offering these days. So for me SHIPS ARE CONTENT. Unless you are gonna pull a your fun is wrong here, there is NOTHING you can say otherwise.

I've got to call hypocrisy, as you yourself are plenty guilty of attacking what others consider "fun" in this game, in tons of other threads.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Basicly this, sadly.

The revamp isn't event what it says on the tin. The raid on the Mars shipyards was my fave mission, now they have gutted it and removed the shipyards.

It's just a few ships with mars in the background now. They have basicly cut content under the smokescreen of a "rework".

At this point they may aswell just get on with their agenda, scrap KDF completely and either refund KDF players zen for their ships or give us like for like fed ships.

Yep, yep, yep.

Seems like the only reason why they still haven't scraped the KDF is because the two-factions system is hardcoded into the game's engine and it would create way too many problems for them to handle, 'cause they can't touch anything without breaking 5 other things, so I don't even wanna begin to think about what state the game would be in if they did away with one faction.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Year of the Klingon. Hmmm...
    "Siri, how long is a klingon year?"
    - One orbital period of Qo'noS would equal 567 Terran days -

So 1.55 Earth years. Cryptic has plenty of time to get out Klingon stuff! :D

• sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User

*Sigh* Just because it's content that YOU don't care about doesn't mean that it's content that most of the ENTIRE PLAYERBASE doesn't care about.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »

huh!

Lets hope you are right
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Seems more like a side dish of the Klingon in some ways. I still don't have access to full pallets for my outfits unlike Fed players.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »

Clever...I like it.
    Higher ups at PWE/Cryptic: "Err, reall...oh...Yeah, YEAH! That was the plan all along, thanks for reminding us... I mean the rest of the players about that."
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Basicly this, sadly.

wine-cheese-pairing-cork.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    nimbull wrote: »
    Seems more like a side dish of the Klingon in some ways. I still don't have access to full pallets for my outfits unlike Fed players.

i have plenty of uniforms with incomplete pallets, and textures that will not match
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User

It's just a few ships with mars in the background now. They have basicly cut content under the smokescreen of a "rework"

Shame about the raid on the Mars shipyard as it was one of my favorite missions as well.

Shredding fed ships in a Bird of Prey never gets old :smile:

Hopefully the part where you rough up Captain Hollingsworth and then scuttle his ship was left alone. I really enjoyed that part as well.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Errr Mars bringer of war still has the raid at Mars sure it's different but it is still there, as for torturing the fed captain the torture part was removed but you still fight him.

Edit: You can now choose to spare that ship but the option to blow it up is still there and is the implied "default" option.
    protoneous wrote: »

It's just a few ships with mars in the background now. They have basicly cut content under the smokescreen of a "rework"

Shame about the raid on the Mars shipyard as it was one of my favorite missions as well.

Hopefully the part where you rough up Captain Hollingsworth and then scuttle his ship was left alone. I really enjoyed that part as well.

Nope, they ruined it aswell. It's reduced to transport to the bridge, defend it from a few waves then the captain just folds.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »

*Sigh* Just because it's content that YOU don't care about doesn't mean that it's content that most of the ENTIRE PLAYERBASE doesn't care about.

How many players do you think are raring to go...to do something they've completed in the past for no new rewards...no new story...no nothing but to see a change of the landscape? Honestly how many? It offers little to the game and that is the point...
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User

Nope, they ruined it aswell. It's reduced to transport to the bridge, defend it from a few waves then the captain just folds.
    It's almost like the essence of what it's like to be a true Klingon is gradually being erased... during YoK of all things. Soon they'll have us doing humanitarian aid missions and delivering decorative flower arrangements.
    ...the captain just folds.
    At least the fed captain is accurately portrayed.

It's almost like the essence of what it's like to be a true Klingon is gradually being erased... during YoK of all things. Soon they'll have us doing humanitarian aid missions and delivering decorative flower arrangements.

All these white knights claiming YoK is some kind of commitment to KDF. All they are doing is making the early KDF missions shorter, cutting content. Perhaps it's to make the game smaller and easier to download for the new feddy bear cubs?

If they touch the Fek'iri chain then the best part of being KDF will be gone.

I am BITTERLY dissapointed at how they ruined the mars mission, I used to run it just for the sheer fun of it, digging out my old B'rel.

This YoK TRIBBLE is nothing more than an exercise in cutting content while throwing a few new renders at us like scraps from the feddy bear table.

• madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Can we get empire defense missions fixed? New kdf players can't unlock them.

All these white knights claiming YoK is some kind of commitment to KDF. All they are doing is making the early KDF missions shorter, cutting content. Perhaps it's to make the game smaller and easier to download for the new feddy bear cubs?

If they touch the Fek'iri chain then the best part of being KDF will be gone.

I am BITTERLY dissapointed at how they ruined the mars mission, I used to run it just for the sheer fun of it, digging out my old B'rel.

This YoK TRIBBLE is nothing more than an exercise in cutting content while throwing a few new renders at us like scraps from the feddy bear table.

crying-cry-baby-animated-gif.gif
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
This discussion has been closed.