test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Best Served Cold Event

Comments

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of all the events, but at least its an easy way to get marks for leveling the reputationions on more neglected toons.

Yeah... these back to back events are getting to be non-events. Should just start calling them what they really are, "metric boosters" or something.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    This advice makes no sense. In other words it is no advice at all.

RPG games are about progressing our characters. Recommending someone not to go for it is like recommending someone in a jump & run game to skip the jumping.

Players are not complaining that they are expected to jump. Players complain how horrendously poor jumping is implemented. ;)

Exactly, the 'just don't do it' crowd needs to give it a rest. This time they don't even give you an alternative, it's just do this horrible queue or miss out on the item. Those are your only two choices and it sucks.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It really isn't progression. Its just getting rewards to spend as you please.

In all of your 40 billion posts, that might be the single most ridiculous thing you have ever said. You basically just described progression word for word.

Hehe man... the arrogance of some peeps telling others how they should play or what to get in this game is really amazing, isnt it?

Only works in STO forums. In game I bet you would not even notice them outside team chat. :D

It's just a couple people.. mostly the Cryptic Defense Force that just defends anything no matter how stupid. You just need to consider the source on this, it's the same 2-3 people being absolutely absurd and trying to pass themselves off as reasonable.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    If you have a problem with these events feel free to just give me all your dilithium you are wasting by complaining about this. Although its no surprise based on players who will go to burn down a V-rex to get 2k dilithium when they could be getting 20k dilithium per run with admiralty bonus. Same goes with events you have people who are not smart enough to see how much better this system is and the more events we get like these the easier it is to get dilithium without grinding.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Ummm, sooooo.....

More pets, still no Pet Tab for the player's inventory. :(
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    It's just a couple people.. mostly the Cryptic Defense Force that just defends anything no matter how stupid. You just need to consider the source on this, it's the same 2-3 people being absolutely absurd and trying to pass themselves off as reasonable.

You are right Sea, it is just a few and it does not suit me to generalize just because this minority is so vocal. :)

Perhaps I’m a bit too allergic on topic as for every “you don’t need that” scrub in here we have a hundred player in game being disappointed that they missed out a certain item they require for whatever they intend to do.

I mean let’s just take Synth as example. The reward is now the default to slot option for EPG builds just like that. If you ever want to make one, be glad you were there!

In best cryptic fashion we of course can’t decrypt from the poor tooltips what awaits us in advance so we need to get and test it. Yea it’s a Targ this time and chances are it’s a pile of poo. Then again, in this game it is also well in the realm of possibilities that the thing beats the first 50 levels of sompek on its own if you happen to have haggis in your inventory. :D

Thing is we don’t know and anybody who claims different by telling me “you don’t need it” does not know me, does not have my best interest at heart and most certainly is not giving me good advice.

It is arrogant, it is ignorant, it is impolite and at the end of the day it is just stupid.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated

I mean let’s just take Synth as example. The reward is now the default to slot option for EPG builds just like that. If you ever want to make one, be glad you were there!

In best cryptic fashion we of course can’t decrypt from the poor tooltips what awaits us in advance so we need to get and test it. Yea it’s a Targ this time and chances are it’s a pile of poo. Then again, in this game it is also well in the realm of possibilities that the thing beats the first 50 levels of sompek on its own if you happen to have haggis in your inventory. :D

Yep, that's the problem.. I have no idea if I even want the Targ but if I wait until it can be tested by the player base, the event will be over and it will no longer be available. As you said, this forum is constantly full of threads from people that missed a certain item and are trying to get it, Cryptic does it this way just to make sure you can never get off the hamster wheel and it's getting really old.
    Thing is we don’t know and anybody who claims different by telling me “you don’t need it” does not know me, does not have my best interest at heart and most certainly is not giving me good advice.

It is arrogant, it is ignorant, it is impolite and at the end of the day it is just stupid.

Not much to say here but agreed.
    edited November 2020
    Cryptic does it this way just to make sure you can never get off the hamster wheel and it's getting really old.

You know what, I like STO so much that I am even willing to swallow it. For real. :(

Perhaps the situation is so desolate that “fear of missing out” reward mechanic is what metrics has shown them to be the only reliable trigger they can pull if they want us to log. But why in the world this claustrophobic, repetitive nonsense then?

I mean they almost had it together already. Events where you can choose at least a tiny bit what activity to pursue and now BAM! back to poo poo.

There would be so many options:
    - Make a Discovery S3 welcome event enabling all related PvE maps/patrols/storys to contribute towards completion
    - Make a know your foe event highlighting a different pve map from the dead queue list each day
    - Make a play RTFO event for at least some variety
    - Make a nostalgia event giving new players a chance to get to know maps long gone like Big Dig, Mine Trap and No Win Scenario

But no of course not. Not in a Cryptic game! If you want the reward you must suffer! >:)

Lol and the shill & scrub babies in STO forums echo that if you don’t like to suffer you are not worth the reward. Yea sure... :D
    animated.gif
    Even with the horrible Synth event.. at least you had the episode as an alternative. I had a few times I had endeavors for Captains or Arthropods and was able to knock out the event and an endeavor or two at the same time.

This time, there is no choice, and this queue absolutely sucks. I guess the options now are take what we give you, buy it out, or do without. Apparently, some people feel like that's fine.
    edited November 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »

To be fair, they sort-of followed that line of thinking with the current (Synth) event - letting us play either the TFO or the new episode, but this seemingly didn't work quite so well judging by the general reaction.

Perhaps its the thing that two options are kind of no options if we are talking 20 days. :/

To be honest a map or mission realy has to be out of this world good if I'm expected to re-play it that often. It's against human nature what they expect of us. I love pizza, but not every day of the moth please!

For those 14-20 days event we kinda need to have at least a variety of 5-10 different activities to choose from and STO is big enough to provide them by recycling. :)
    animated.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just stopped doing the Event after unlocking the Grand Prize. No Bonus Dilitium this time. If you are expecting people to do something 14 to 20 days to meet the Event Requirements, then you need to provide shorter alternatives. A 20-30 minutes Episode is not a good alternative in that regard.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Dangit...saw the sword, had visions of making "Gornos" with his flaming chain sword then read the console exclusivity

Bah.

On a different note... is the zen one for the account or a singular character and is it usable by boffs?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All Pets are now Account-wide if bought in the C-Store.

Sword will be coming as a Reward on PC in a Featured Event in 2021.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited November 2020
    > @corinthalas said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I do like having a story mission as part of those options: I can run the mission whenever it's convenient, and turn it in later, when the timer has rolled over for a new day.

Yea that is really helpful. Cryptic still gets their log in and we get a bit of breathing on days we can’t play much. :)
    animated.gif
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    A nanopulse targ. Ok.. with this STO has completely crossed over into the realm of stupid.

The targ handlers weapon. Does this also come with Scorpion saying, "Get over here!"?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    A nanopulse targ. Ok.. with this STO has completely crossed over into the realm of stupid.

The targ handlers weapon. Does this also come with Scorpion saying, "Get over here!"?

Hey!, it would be cool!!!, Scorpion is my fav on MK.. anyway.. i'm thorn.. i like to collect stuff.. it's just i don't want to do it all the time.. so i think i'll pass on this one...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of all the events, but at least its an easy way to get marks for leveling the reputationions on more neglected toons.

Yeah... these back to back events are getting to be non-events. Should just start calling them what they really are, "metric boosters" or something.

Maybe that's the plan have so many events back to back that players get tired of them and the player spends zen on just claiming the reward. More money for cryptic that way.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    cbob312 wrote: »
    Stop it with one even after the other. It's killing any joy I get from playing the game by turning it into a job.
    Then just don't do them. No one expects you to do them all.

Yup...always white knighting for the devs...would be nice if you just didn't do it for once...but we know that isn't possible.

Their absolute laziness and greed with these constant back to back events is a justified complaint.
    nimbull wrote: »

Wallet prying events? Why they do events now...they added a cash me out option so whales would just open their wallets instead of wasting so much time in these slow boring events which progressively get worse and worse. You think best served cold was bad...then synth wave comes up and is even worse!
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    We just did this one a few months ago, right? There are three stations, and at the start you rush to the stations and gain control of them from the virus, while these little raider ships keep warping in? Then later the ore carriers try to go all suicide bomber and ram the stations? And in between some freighters full of prisoners try to escape?

Or am I confusing two different events?

As far as event fatigue, I am going to agree with Somtaaw, (what's with the Homeworld name anyhow?); if you don't like it, then just skip it, and spare us the endless kvetching.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Their absolute laziness and greed with these constant back to back events is a justified complaint.
    There is nothing either lazy, or greedy, about these events.
    1. No one is making you do them.
    2. The items you get from them are 100% optional, and aren't needed to be able to play the game well.
    3. As such, the buyouts are equally 100% optional. Since you don't need the items to play the game well.
    4. These events do nothing to slow down development of other content(in fact, we have gotten more story missions and new TFOs in the two years since ViL then we did in the two years between AoY and ViL)
    5. Before Cryptic did constant events, there were numerous complaints from players regarding the lack of things to do between major content releases, and people asking for events to fill those gaps.

So its lazy, greedy, and a justifiable complaint, that Cryptic is doing all of these events when people asked for them, and you don't have to do them, or spend any money, if you don't want?

I always skip over holiday events in MMOs because I don't like doing them. But I wouldn't complain they are lazy, greedy, or that its a justifiable complaint that I missed out on the ships from them as a result. Your argument is "other people shouldn't be able to have things to work for simply because I can't stand not owning everything ever released in the game". That is selfish, and entitlement.

As always you skip over anything that is detrimental to your sucking up to the Devs :D

They make this gear powerful...which tempts people to either pay or play
    They make this gear limited till they release it later on in Mudd's Market for a hefty price tag

It's lazy because of instead of adding new stuff like new reps, tfos, and other content they just repeat these awful event missions that are designed to be extremely slow, boring, and painful and as we've seen in recent they get worse and worse

That instead of expanding the story we've sat here taking more time to deal with a scrappy group of displaced Klingons than we have of threats like the Borg, Undine, and even the Iconians. The Hur'q were a threat that spanned half the galaxy yet we wiped the floor with them

The game is getting rather stagnant and it seems all the Devs care about is cutting costs and adding more ways to get players to spend money...more effort into big c-store bundles than just single ships/faction packs...more effort into making gamble box ships than c-store ships...and the lowest of the low, adding a canonically mass produced modern Starfleet ship into a r&d box

They call it the year of the klingon but all they've done is some model updates in old missions that most people probably don't care about...they haven't done anything significant...they haven't added the Discovery Klingon customization options(except the uniform which you need to buy) that they promised over a year ago...they can't seem to give Klingons any new hair styles. I can't recall a single Klingon who actually wore dreadlocks yet that is pretty much all male and female Klingons have access to.
  • flatulencius#6400 flatulencius Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Personally, I'm quite happy with back-to-back events, but this queue is absolutely terrible. Might have to buyout this time.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Personally, I'm quite happy with back-to-back events, but this queue is absolutely terrible. Might have to buyout this time.

Hopefully for you & any others participating with the event focused on using that TFO it would make the queuing snappier.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Better not grumble too much or they'll just crank up the standard duration required for these to 20 days. Unless they've realised that longer time for an event promotes zero bums on seats ingame after the reward period is covered because folk are so disheartened they don't even want to log in to dil refine each day.

Any official word why the rewards are different between console and PC?

Nanopulsing a weapon just seems like a strange homage to blood dragon and now its being down to creatures. Up next, filofax and brick mobilephone because somehow disco wasn't 80's enough.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    There is nothing either lazy, or greedy, about these events.
    1. No one is making you do them.
    2. The items you get from them are 100% optional, and aren't needed to be able to play the game well.
    3. As such, the buyouts are equally 100% optional. Since you don't need the items to play the game well.
    4. These events do nothing to slow down development of other content(in fact, we have gotten more story missions and new TFOs in the two years since ViL then we did in the two years between AoY and ViL)
    5. Before Cryptic did constant events, there were numerous complaints from players regarding the lack of things to do between major content releases, and people asking for events to fill those gaps.

So its lazy, greedy, and a justifiable complaint, that Cryptic is doing all of these events when people asked for them, and you don't have to do them, or spend any money, if you don't want?

I always skip over holiday events in MMOs because I don't like doing them. But I wouldn't complain they are lazy, greedy, or that its a justifiable complaint that I missed out on the ships from them as a result. Your argument is "other people shouldn't be able to have things to work for simply because I can't stand not owning everything ever released in the game". That is selfish, and entitlement.

As always you skip over anything that is detrimental to your sucking up to the Devs :D

They make this gear powerful...which tempts people to either pay or play
    They make this gear limited till they release it later on in Mudd's Market for a hefty price tag

It's lazy because of instead of adding new stuff like new reps, tfos, and other content they just repeat these awful event missions that are designed to be extremely slow, boring, and painful and as we've seen in recent they get worse and worse

That instead of expanding the story we've sat here taking more time to deal with a scrappy group of displaced Klingons than we have of threats like the Borg, Undine, and even the Iconians. The Hur'q were a threat that spanned half the galaxy yet we wiped the floor with them

The game is getting rather stagnant and it seems all the Devs care about is cutting costs and adding more ways to get players to spend money...more effort into big c-store bundles than just single ships/faction packs...more effort into making gamble box ships than c-store ships...and the lowest of the low, adding a canonically mass produced modern Starfleet ship into a r&d box

They call it the year of the klingon but all they've done is some model updates in old missions that most people probably don't care about...they haven't done anything significant...they haven't added the Discovery Klingon customization options(except the uniform which you need to buy) that they promised over a year ago...they can't seem to give Klingons any new hair styles. I can't recall a single Klingon who actually wore dreadlocks yet that is pretty much all male and female Klingons have access to.

I agree with Som on this one.. this event is optional, not mandatory, it's not even fully related to the story so far, so is not that you need to DO this to advance... the reward is meh.. so perhaps i'll do it from time to time for marks and that's it.. i'm not going to put effort on this one..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.