test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tricobalt weapon cooldowns are still broken

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
In patch notes August 9, 2012 https://sto.gamepedia.com/Release_notes/20120809 we had a big mine revamp. From the patch notes “Tricobalt Mines and Torpedoes no longer share a cooldown timer" As is the same for all types of mines and Torpedoes.

When I fire Tricobalt mines the Tricobalt torpedoes go on cooldown. When I fire Tricobalt Torpedoes the mines go on cooldown clearly sharing a cooldown that they should not.

Another patch reduced the global cooldown and cut the damage in half for Tricobalt weapons. The damage is still cut in half but the global cooldown for both torps and mines is back to 15 seconds meaning its impossible to use more then 2 Tricobalt mines and 2 Tricobalt Torpedoes. It also means the global cooldown mine consoles do nothing for the global cooldown of Tricobalt mines. Even with both consoles you can still only use 2 Tricobalt mines.

Due to the 15 second global being back cooldown and the cross cooldown between mines and torps being back it is now impossible to make a theme Tricobalt weapon build like you can with any other weapon type in game. We used to be able to and according to the patch notes we should be able to.

Also is bug reporting in game broken?

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Can't assist with weapons. However I tried the bug reporting and I didn't get a ticket number come up on screen, and no confirmation email either. Just surmising as players are being told to report bugs here on the forum, it may of been disabled due to the pandemic, people working from home etc.
  • Options
    I used the new in game item problem section that replaces the old bug report and was told to repost here. This bug is still ongoing.
  • Options
    Updating for new bug reporting format and because I built a new Tricobalt recently that still suffers from this bug.

Map: Any Space Map, I test in Stranded in Space
    Toon: Pottsey@Pottsey
    Step 1, Pick ship D.V Vitory-258 (Fleet Vanguard Support Carrier)
    Step 2, Make sure loadout "Pet Build" is loaded
    Step 3, Go to any space map like Stranded in Space
    Step 4, Turn weapon auto fire off, fire a mine and the torpedo goes on cooldown, fire a torpedo and the mines go on cooldown.

In patch notes August 9, 2012 https://sto.gamepedia.com/Release_notes/20120809 we had a big mine revamp. From the patch notes “Tricobalt Mines and Torpedoes no longer share a cooldown timer" As is the same for all types of mines and Torpedoes.

Not sure this next bit is a bug but due to the global cooldown between Tricobalt torpedo's being 15 seconds its impossible to use more then 2 Tricobalt torpedo at a time. Same for Tricobalt Mines 15 second global cooldown mean its impossible to use more then 2. Tricobalt weapons had there damage cut in half a long time ago. At one point we could fit and fire 4 or 5 mines and 4 or 5 torpedoes. Now we seem to be back to a limit of 2 which makes it near impossible to build and play a Tricobalt themed ship. This 2 limit is different from every other torpedo and mine type. The problem is the 15 seconds global cooldown and the 5 seconds shared cooldown.

Step 5: Fit a 3rd Tricobalt mine and 3rd Tricobalt torpedoe. Unable to fire as global cooldown never hits zero.
  • Options
    This is still a problem, as per patch notes it should not work like this.