test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vaudwaur tricobalt cluster torp won't upgrade.

varoidvaroid Member Posts: 71 Arc User
So apparently, the first time you get the vaudwaur cluster torp from a mission, you get an upgradable one, but that was years ago and I'm pretty sure I must of deleted that one, now when I do the mission I get a low Mk one that won't upgrade. I think I've tried just going to upgrade button and trying to select it from there, there just isn't an option to upgrade it. I want to replace my transphasic cluster torp with it because even at Mk XII with the right shield pen traits it hits REALLY hard, just not enough to make it clear cut weather I should use transphasic cluster or it, I was hoping someone could tell me if there's some way to upgrade this thing I don't know about, or some way to make the mission give me an upgradable one. Really if there's any way to get a Mk XV vaadwaur cluster torp lol

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Confirmed bug that has been reported many times.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Only the very rare Mk XIII on first play through can be upgraded on replay you get the rare MK XII that can not be upgraded. Not a bug working as intended
  • varoidvaroid Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    eazzie wrote: »
    Only the very rare Mk XIII on first play through can be upgraded on replay you get the rare MK XII that can not be upgraded. Not a bug working as intended

They made that mission years ago though, even if it was working as intended shouldn't they change it? I mean how many people all these years later still have the origonal one, and how many people will never lose it by accident? I literally don't even remember getting the first one it's been so long ago. Almost every other item in the entire game can be upgraded now. Maybe they could re add the upgradable one in a pheonix box or something?
    Post edited by varoid on
    Pretty sure its a bug as most of the other missions that had items that could not be upgraded on a 2nd playthrough got fixed.
    varoid wrote: »

They made that mission years ago though, even if it was working as intended shouldn't they change it? I mean how many people all these years later still have the origonal one, and how many people will never lose it by accident? I literally don't even remember getting the first one it's been so long ago. Almost every other item in the entire game can be upgraded now. Maybe they could re add the upgradable one in a pheonix box or something?
    Nice idea it being added too the Phoenix Box
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Pretty sure its a bug as most of the other missions that had items that could not be upgraded on a 2nd playthrough got fixed.

Might be a case of they missed it or have left it on purpose
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Actually, the blue XII version is what we got on first playthrough when the mission was released back in 2014 (?).
    A couple weeks after Delta Rising released, they changed a few of the rewards in the delta quadrant mission line leading to the Purple XIII version of the torp launcher.
    Trouble is, if you'd already played the mission, you now couldn't get the purple one.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Hard to tell. I just hope they fix it as I want to fit 3 to my ship. At the moment I am mixing in the Breen Clusters but I would prefer just the Vaudwaur Clusters.
  • varoidvaroid Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Hard to tell. I just hope they fix it as I want to fit 3 to my ship. At the moment I am mixing in the Breen Clusters but I would prefer just the Vaudwaur Clusters.

Transphasic cluster torp isn't a bad option anyway to be honest, if you use kemocite laced weapons then all 10 mines activate it for a GIANT resistance rating debuff. Still though, the reason I wanna use vaadwaur one so bad is because even at Mk XII with the right shield pen traits it can hit HARD, so it's a shame they haven't made it so you can upgrade it yet. lol It'd be possibly one of the best weapons in the game if it could be upgraded to Mk XV.
    varoid wrote: »

Transphasic cluster torp isn't a bad option anyway to be honest, if you use kemocite laced weapons then all 10 mines activate it for a GIANT resistance rating debuff. Still though, the reason I wanna use vaadwaur one so bad is because even at Mk XII with the right shield pen traits it can hit HARD, so it's a shame they haven't made it so you can upgrade it yet. lol It'd be possibly one of the best weapons in the game if it could be upgraded to Mk XV.
    They are amazing upgraded. Its just a shame Tricobalt weapons are so broken right now. They are in a shocking state full of unusable bugs and the devs just don't seem to be bothered no matter how often re report it :(
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Actually, the blue XII version is what we got on first playthrough when the mission was released back in 2014 (?).
    A couple weeks after Delta Rising released, they changed a few of the rewards in the delta quadrant mission line leading to the Purple XIII version of the torp launcher.
    Trouble is, if you'd already played the mission, you now couldn't get the purple one.

Ohhh. is this what happened? After reading this thread, I went and looked in my bank. I found I had a Blue (Rare) one at MK XIV, but that it could be upgraded, and I was wondering WTF
    They are amazing upgraded. Its just a shame Tricobalt weapons are so broken right now. They are in a shocking state full of unusable bugs and the devs just don't seem to be bothered no matter how often re report it :(

I'm not denying that what you say is true, but I haven't messed with Tricobalt for ages. What is wrong with them?