test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

energy type...all in on one or mix and match

saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
so lets take plasma ddb's for example...is it better to go all in on say...borg or mix and match..1 borg...1 bio...1 fleet...etc. i get you need to have complete sets but as a sci. ship i have more flexibility so ive gone all in on 1 type.

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    For as long as the energy type stays the same you can pic as you like. :)

Some sub types are a tiny bit better than others but nothing that will have a huge impact.

You will find fitting tac consoles in fleet spire holding.

Please google STO League for a very good site to get lots of informations about building a starship in STO.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah energy type specific consoles give more boost per console then weapon type specific but beyond that there's not really need to match unless you want a unified look for your ship.

And yeah sets are useful for their bonuses and even then you need to see what bonus is useful for you and how useful it would be, sometimes 2 non-set pieces can give you a bigger benefit then 2 set pieces.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I have one ship that has mismatched types, but it's a sci epg build, and beams are not really a dps maker. the types are different to get me sets, in particular, the Iso Cannon. I love how hard it hits
    We Want Vic Fontaine