test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not a fan of the new Sythn wave TFO

12345679»

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    When this comes to console I can see me making good use of the range on the PS4 controller to bumble around beaming stuff from the kitchen as I make my dinner rather than being sat on the sofa paying attention. It's my usual time for STO and most event stuff is more engaged with, for example binary stars actually aids food prep thanks to the insistence that the cutscene is still unskippable and the 90 secs or so thumbtwiddling time at the start was never shortened.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Look, if someone wants to form their own "minimum-effort" runs, okay, fine. But stay out of Public Queues with that.

Hell yea man, thats the spirit! Next time I DPS out some AFK penalties in ISA or during the Red Alerts next week I tell em that. >:)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Look, if someone wants to form their own "minimum-effort" runs, okay, fine. But stay out of Public Queues with that.

Or...whoever wants their own special requirements could form their own queue and stay the F away from PUGs. Be it min effort, max effort, no deeps or all deeps and stop telling the public to play their way or else. I am glad your reports did NOTHING because reporting players in a PUBLIC queue for playing their way is TOXIC as all hell.

Bingo!

When you queue public, you don't get to make demands. If you have a specific way you want people to play then form a private queue. Otherwise, take what you get and deal with it.

Reporting people because you don't feel they did enough is childish and idiotic.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Except horrible music this TFO is bit long, but very good, especially when it helps you lv up ship mastery, quite fast.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User

Or...whoever wants their own special requirements could form their own queue and stay the F away from PUGs. Be it min effort, max effort, no deeps or all deeps and stop telling the public to play their way or else. I am glad your reports did NOTHING because reporting players in a PUBLIC queue for playing their way is TOXIC as all hell.

Bingo!

When you queue public, you don't get to make demands. If you have a specific way you want people to play then form a private queue. Otherwise, take what you get and deal with it.

Reporting people because you don't feel they did enough is childish and idiotic.

Funny this is being talked about, forgive me for saying this, but one ignoramus decided to PM everyone in the team for AFK'n, stating reported for AFK'n - Here is the catch, most of us were on carriers directing our pets towards traget near the end, a typical playstyle for most carrier base Captains.

So I agree, in public queues, one should not be so quick to jump to conclusions or be dissatisfied for players not playing their way, basically form your own team and do a private queue.

**NOTE: Hated Picard and I hate that this TFO reference that horrible abortion of a Trek show, and the TFO is extremely long - Give it a pass for the first time around, but twenty consecutive days is quite mind numbing.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Bingo!

Unfortunately, I doubt we can expect anything more than "childish and idiotic" from a good number of players.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »

Bingo!

Funny this is being talked about, forgive me for saying this, but one ignoramus decided to PM everyone in the team for AFK'n, stating reported for AFK'n - Here is the catch, most of us were on carriers directing our pets towards traget near the end, a typical playstyle for most carrier base Captains.

So I agree, in public queues, one should not be so quick to jump to conclusions or be dissatisfied for players not playing their way, basically form your own team and do a private queue.

**NOTE: Hated Picard and I hate that this TFO reference that horrible abortion of a Trek show, and the TFO is extremely long - Give it a pass for the first time around, but twenty consecutive days is quite mind numbing.

Players tend to assume quite a bit even when hovering the mouse or whatever would tell them what is really happening, and it is not just in STO that they do that.

For example in ESO I once queued for a dungeon as a DPS with an Orc magicka dragonknight (a class that can be a tank but the staff-wielding magic version like I had is usually DPS or support). I happened to have a metal breastplate because it had decent mods built in for a magic user and mixed armor is rather typical anyway.

Apparently someone else was impatient and queued up as tank (since they usually don't have to wait as long) but was actually a DPS (it wouldn't be a healer, they average a shorter wait than tanks). Anyway, since my gear looked rather tankish an no one else's did apparently everyone assumed I was the tank (though it did not occur to me at the time that they would since I carried a staff).

Of course things went sideways since no one was actually tanking and afterwards I got all sorts of hate messages about how lousy a tank I was...
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    and that's enough out of this mess. if you folks can discuss things nicely then that's the end of this. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.