test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 10/29/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited November 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/29 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    jcsww wrote: »
    Potentially 2.5 hours for next to nothing...

Could be some back end stuff too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainhaseocaptainhaseo Member Posts: 52 Arc User

most likely back end stuff as rattler pointed out but that still wouldn't need over 2 hours, my guess is its just a time frame to give them some adequate time to do it, think the past 2 down times where like a hour tops but they said 2+ hours till its done, so you never know
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    There's also the matter that we really don't know what exactly changed so a "minor" fix have meant changing some really large file and they need time for it to properly upload.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Remember too that NOT everything ever gets listed in patch notes. If they were they would take about a week to compile and about a week to sit and read.
  • Options
    renovatio74renovatio74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I hope they take the spare time they have with this downtime to upgrade to a bigger plan with Akamai. These timeouts with map changes slowly get really annoying. (Yes, I already sent in a traceroute and it's definitely Akamai being the problem, though Kael stating otherwise on reddit.)
  • Options
    asgard47asgard47 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well, thx for nothing i guess :'( The tailor is still broken post patch i suppose (missing options for fed aligned male RDF aliens, errors about being unable to change the race when all you do are even minor changes to the uniform, face or body of your BOFFs). But i guess Perfect Worlds is only allowing real bugfixes if they can hide them in a lockbox.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Could be some back end stuff too.

It would be nice if they could take a look at the many issues with the tailor being reported.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    And nothing about Kobali Prime and the "At the gates" bug. People can't proceed there and nothing is done.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    ruxalla#6628 ruxalla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hasn't Kobali prime been broken since they released iconian war arc when they made it to where you could get iconian marks and the Iconian Probe Datacore from then end of the last 2 public missions?
  • Options
    Must of hit a bump or two in maintenance as it has been extended to 11am PT and 6 pm UK time
  • Options
    matty12217#7340 matty12217 Member Posts: 5 New User
    well that sucks
  • Options
    *sigh* figures
  • Options
    drx32145drx32145 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    If you want to patch, that's fine. At least be honest with the downtime length. 2.5 hours doesn't equal 4.
  • Options
    drx32145 wrote: »
    If you want to patch, that's fine. At least be honest with the downtime length. 2.5 hours doesn't equal 4.

They haven't announced the extension anywhere. Not here or social media. Only the launcher has been updated
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

They haven't announced the extension anywhere. Not here or social media. Only the launcher has been updated

Well the launcher should be the first place they post it. I hate when companies with their own means of communications use Twitter/Facebook as their first go-to.
  • Options
    antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

It's now 17:00 UK time and servers are confirmed as still down so the launcher time updates are correct.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Oh I wonder what the "oopsy" stealth nerf might be this patch ??? :-)
  • Options
    otthic wrote: »
    Hasn't Kobali prime been broken since they released iconian war arc when they made it to where you could get iconian marks and the Iconian Probe Datacore from then end of the last 2 public missions?

No, this bug with the mission "At the gates" happened just recently (about two or three weeks ago?). I played and finished the Kobali III arc a bunch of times with my other chars before that without issues.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Probably another one of Kael's copy and paste messes without proof reading again!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    They extended it again, it's now 20:00 (8:00 am) CET.
  • Options
    *** EXTENDED AGAIN BY ANOTHER HOUR 12 NOON PT 7PM UK ***
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User

Probably another one of Kael's copy and paste messes without proof reading again!

I miss having Trendy here . . . . .
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    They extended it again, it's now 20:00 (8:00 am) German time.

PM not AM
  • Options
    yeeeep they broke something, expect several bugs after they fix what they broke sadly.
  • Options
    this is pissing me off
  • Options
    they changed it again
  • Options
    to 19:00 uk time
  • Options
    hopefully they won't change the time again