test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Novel Is A Prequel Set On USS Titan With Riker And Troi

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
Some info on a new Picard series related novel over at https://trekmovie.com/2020/10/24/next-star-trek-picard-novel-is-a-prequel-set-on-uss-titan-with-riker-and-troi/

"Coming in January 2021, Star Trek: Picard – The Dark Veil was written by veteran Star Trek novelist James Swallow. The book is set a year after Jean-Luc Picard’s resignation from Starfleet, while William Riker and Deanna Troi are still serving on the USS Titan.

Official synopsis:

The Alpha Quadrant is mired in crisis.

Within the United Federation of Planets, a terrorist strike on the shipyards of Mars has led to the shutdown of all relief efforts for millions of Romulans facing certain doom from an impending super­nova.

But when the USS Titan is drawn into a catastrophic incident on the Romulan-Federation border, Captain William Riker, his family, and his crew find themselves caught between the shocking secrets of an enigmatic alien species and the deadly agenda of a ruthless Tal Shiar operative.

Forced into a wary alliance with a Romulan starship commander, Riker and the Titan crew must uncover the truth to stop a dev­astating attack—but one wrong move could plunge the entire sector into open conflict!"

---

Very nice looking cover too.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    simon-pic-darkveil.jpg

Yup. Riker looks good in that uniform. Troi... the uniform looks a bit big on her. But it could be angle and the fact she's behind Riker.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Is it a Picard prequel or a Lower Decks sequel?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    khan5000 wrote: »

As they are wearing the 2385 uniform from Picard flashbacks, and it specifically says Star Trek Picard... I would assume its a Picard prequel, specifically dealing with the fallout from the loss of Utopia Planitia Shipyards, and the rescue fleet.

Calling it Star Trek Titan would tie it into the older, beta canon novels. Also would probably be seen as an attempt to legitimize the Destiny novels since the Titan was involved in those too. And I haven't heard anything good about the Destiny novels.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »

Probably, yeah.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As they are wearing the 2385 uniform from Picard flashbacks, and it specifically says Star Trek Picard... I would assume its a Picard prequel, specifically dealing with the fallout from the loss of Utopia Planitia Shipyards, and the rescue fleet.
    >
    > Calling it Star Trek Titan would tie it into the older, beta canon novels. Also would probably be seen as an attempt to legitimize the Destiny novels since the Titan was involved in those too. And I haven't heard anything good about the Destiny novels.

I was being silly
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    Well played sir. Well played.