test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestions on DSC (or as i abriv. as DIS) Romulans

gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Since 2 new shows are going to be released soon 1) being Section 31 2) Pike's continuing journey, it seems like a good start to revamp those aliens from TOS, We have some Andorians, Tellarites, Talosians, Vulcans, Klingons but what about some other TOS races like the Orions, Romulans, Gorn, they could start working on a story board, structuring missions, working on the Commodore Oh's Tal Shiar outfit for the Lobi store, the new warping out effect (which again could be a ZEN option that adds a new feature (an like transporter effect) you navigate the options and change transporter effects and transwarp effect, it is mostly cosmetic and offers people to mycelial jump in any ship they want like a mycelial jump in a elachi ship, i suggest this because out of all the potential content this has NOT been monitized and can offer players a reason to buy this over things like Rep Buyout. Content that already exists in game includes

1) Mycelial transwarp/jumping
2) DSC Klingon transporting
3) TOS Klingon transporting
4) DSC Klingon head options
5) DSC Andorian head options
6) Jem'Hadar transporting
7) (suggesting) Mycelial ground transporting
8) (suggesting) Picard transporting *it is a new style*
9) (suggesting) Lower Deck's transporting *it has a lower swirl effect*

feel free to add suggestions or just hate on the discussion
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Discovery already revamped the Orions in both seasons 2 & 3, personally I hope the Romulans survived all the way to the 32st century and kept their Picard appearance in Discovery, Romulan warbirds don't even use dilithium and the Romulan people could have rebuilt their empire by the 26th century, I'm a bit biased when it comes to Vulcanoids.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Romulan warbirds don't even use dilithium and the Romulan people could have rebuilt their empire by the 26th century, I'm a bit biased when it comes to Vulcanoids.

Man, that would be a true "burn" if other writers realized this and just did a work around for the 3rd season Discovery betrayal of the Trek Universe, with the Romulans ultimately rising to the level of an intergalactic superpower as a result?

edited October 2020
    Romulan warbirds don't even use dilithium
    This is untrue.

The Romulan D'Deridex don't use a matter/anti-matter drive, and is the only Romulan ship ever stated to use a singularity. Even then, the singularity only replaces the matter/anti-matter part of the drive. The fact that Romulans have dilthium mines on Remus suggests they still use it.

The Dilithium was probably used for trading with the other races, they didn't say that they used it on their ships.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    This is untrue.

The Romulan D'Deridex don't use a matter/anti-matter drive, and is the only Romulan ship ever stated to use a singularity. Even then, the singularity only replaces the matter/anti-matter part of the drive. The fact that Romulans have dilthium mines on Remus suggests they still use it.

Except they most likely don't use Dilithium as part of the Singularity Core.

Dilithium when charged is capable of containing matter and antimatter due to charged Dilithium being immune to the antimatter reaction thereby preventing the antimatter from exploding everything around it.

There is nothing that suggests that singularity cores use dilithium in any way, and as another poster pointed out, with Dilithium being an important resource, it could easily have been use for trading.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    When i said 'Talosians' i mean in the show they actually redesigned them and Vina outfit, and the defense that the game 'isn't built like that' they can actually rewrite the default transporter effect, each character can literally have a unique transporter effect cause in the files (hypothetically) if the animation is like 'defaultTNG.ani' the rewrite would need a code 'transporterredesignTOS.ani' the activation would have to be placed somewhere early in the code, 'detecttransportereffects.exe' when booting up searches for replacements, the code searches for executable, if files not found, terminate, if files are found, activatedtransportereffects.exe which search through the character options, that is where the Default transporter effects are launched, when selected it allows it to overwrite the default animation, It is based on the characters in game so it just had to be added to the folder as possible transporter effects

If they can completely restructure a BUYOUT for reputation, add a new tier to reputation, a new entry into reputations than your just being stupid at what the game CAN DO, and what it CAN'T DO
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Another note on Romulans and Singularity Cores... I wanna say that they were just as vulnerable to the Breen Energy Dampener as the Federation and Klingons were.

Also, as mentioned, we have no canon evidence of ships like the Mogai being equipped with Singularity Cores like the D'Deridex. Hell... we don't really know how a Singularity Core even works. Could Dilithium still be required in some form? We don't know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Calling people stupid for disagreeing with you, or for any other reason, isn't very respectful either.

Many people actually do understand how this game works and can post why some things are not feasible.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Regarding singularity cores on the Romulan Warbirds; there is nothing in Trek lore that states there isn't an element of a dilithium contribution to said core. It's possible that dilithium compliments a singularity core, or feeds it, or sustains it somehow. The simple truth is that we don't know. Anything that's said about it is merely speculation, and so the idea that the Romulans should be flying about in the Burnham future doesn't really have much merit.

If it was that simple, then we would have a new form of intergalactic power, or the Federation would've launched a new fleet based on singularity cores. There's obviously (or seemingly) some element of them that requires dilithium.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Calling people stupid for disagreeing with you, or for any other reason, isn't very respectful either.

Many people actually do understand how this game works and can post why some things are not feasible.

Totally agree here. As of late I have noticed the name calling and insults increasing . How hard is it just to just talk in a civil manner?

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Totally agree here. As of late I have noticed the name calling and insults increasing . How hard is it just to just talk in a civil manner?

These days, with how polarizing the world has become... apparently quite hard. This whole "You're either with me or against me" mentality exists outside of the forums too. We see it everywhere. ESPECIALLY in politics these days. Hell... Politics is probably the primary reason its so rampant now because... well... you know. Its become the new normal. Better to form camps and attack others for not agreeing with them than to actually work together and even remember the meaning of the word "Compromise".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Have to agree with Rattler. While I don't talk politics at all, I have been keeping up with the election.

People have the mentality that to disagree with them is to be against them. Yet I have a great friend over in the UK whom I disagree with all the time, yet we still remain friends because we understand each other.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    rattler2 wrote: »

These days, with how polarizing the world has become... apparently quite hard. This whole "You're either with me or against me" mentality exists outside of the forums too. We see it everywhere. ESPECIALLY in politics these days. Hell... Politics is probably the primary reason its so rampant now because... well... you know. Its become the new normal. Better to form camps and attack others for not agreeing with them than to actually work together and even remember the meaning of the word "Compromise".

I personally love comprises, I just don't get why common sense isn't very common these days, I don't like how the roles are reversed and being one the few sane people in the room is so out of character for me.
    however that being said I think we should get back on topic.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    This is untrue.

Technobabble is often spotty, and yes, they did not stop and discuss every single class of Romulan ship and point out what they use for their energy source. On the other hand, in Balance of Terror the Romulan warbird would have been years or decades away from port if they did not use SOME form of FTL, yet Scott could not find any sign of a warp drive on the Romulan ship. Considering that he was probably looking for warp core emissions that implies that they used something besides a warp core, and a singularity core would fit that situation nicely.

As for how the singularity core works, it is often called a "quantum singularity" power source and technobabble about it, while vague, seems to point to it using zero point energy like a very crude and bulky version of a ZPM from Stargate.

On the other hand, the technobabble about dilithium crystals is clear about their function is as the best and safest regulator of antimatter streams, pretty much the same as the unobtanium from Avatar. So, what use could they have in a singularity drive unless they also act as a zero point energy regulator (and the idea that it is the ultimate critical component in two entirely different energy technologies is stretching plausibility way past the breaking point).

Romulans probably do use the crystals in their plasma torpedo launchers (and plasma beams if they canonize those), and undoubtedly use them in whatever M/AM power facilities they do have, and probably trade them to some extent as well.

As for alternate transporter effects, they would be a great thing to have, unfortunately there is often a performance hit going from something that is fixed and depends on an unchanging factor like faction to something with a list of options, and I suspect this might be one of them.

If that is not the case then I am all for the optional route within reasonable limits. For instance I have a TOS-era Klingon made with the 'alien' generator and the nearly silent "flame shimmer" effect of the TOS Klingon transporters would be perfect for her. And anyone who roleplays a TOS Terran Empire character or who has a mirror universe ship as their main ship might find the sparkles that shift from blue to red during transport as seen in Mirror, Mirror desirable.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    the only reason singularity cores are on every RRW ship in game is because they were the "uniqueness" to flying a romulan ship
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.