test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

was i imagining talk of a new recruitment event?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
I could swear i read something somewhere about the possibility of a new event in the dec timeframe?

maybe i was imagining it, but I have a new toon in mind now... I'd hate to launch it then have to scrap and start over
Spock.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    There's some rumors floating around that there will be a new Recruitment Event starting on the 11th anniversary, alongside the Release of the KDF Legendary Pack, the finale of the Year of Klingon, and the Release of the Discovery Klingon Sub Faction.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Klingon Recruitment Event? o.O
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    ah thats it I think.. If so Honor won't fit.
    Spock.jpg

• livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Oh man i would really love to play a discovery era klingon so much. I love how they look.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    (insert cleverly sarcastic comment here)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Presumably this is the way they would make the Temporal recruitment work for the KDF too, and so it would be a Temporal recruit rerun but with new stuff to allow KDF characters to do it too.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Of the three recruitment events Temporal is the one that leaves those players who missed it a definite disadvantage.

Being able to produce Reputation gear at Ultra Rare quality by default once you complete all the tasks is a big help, and those Superior versions of traits don't hurt either.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Of the three recruitment events Temporal is the one that leaves those players who missed it a definite disadvantage.

Being able to produce Reputation gear at Ultra Rare quality by default once you complete all the tasks is a big help, and those Superior versions of traits don't hurt either.

I completely agree & I think all have been re-ran except the Temporal, I think. At this point I'd accept just a 1-type of recruitment event with: Temporal, Delta, & JH all wrapped up into one open to all factions just to level the playing field. Or maybe Cryptic is trying to monetize it somehow???
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Temporal they originally only made TOS Fed. They haven't re-run it because they wanted to do something to make it more inclusive of KDF. They can't really make a JH Delta or Temporal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Temporal they originally only made TOS Fed. They haven't re-run it because they wanted to do something to make it more inclusive of KDF. They can't really make a JH Delta or Temporal.

You may only be able to run it on Fed characters, but the benefits I mentioned apply to all characters on an account (or so I understand, I am one of the unfortunate ones who missed the event). I would quite happily run it as is while still restricted to Feds, just for those benefits, and I doubt I am alone among those who missed the original running of the event.
    You're not. But there's also a portion of the game population who would refuse to even touch a Fed with a 10 foot pole, then rant and rave about not being included in the Temporal Recruitment.
    Just like any game that has factions in it, there are those who will play both sides, and there are those who go full Tribal and refuse to even touch the opposing faction, even if theres an event that could benefit their main. If it has ANYTHING to do with the opposing faction... they will swear it off and complain about how there's no option for their preferred faction. You try to tell them to just roll a character of that faction... have body armor ready.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So, let met get this straight: Cryptic itself have said "we will not rerun the Temporal Agent Recruitment until we find a way to include the Klingons"... but if they do rerun it as it is, people will "rant and rave about not being included" because they will STILL not be able to play it as their preferred faction?

I say this as a player of BOTH factions that's capable of seeing BOTH sides of the barricade: at least TRY to pur yourself in someone else's shoes and stop crucifying people when they come forward with complaint that they see as legit because as long as those complaint are well expressed and are not offensive - like the majority of them are, no matter how much you'd like to pretend otherwise - they are perfectly allowed and in their full rights to express themselves. You may not like it, but that's irrelevant.

And since your are "the resident forum voice of reason", as per your signature, you could at least try not to start flaming just for the sake of it, uhm?
    Post edited by jennycolvin on
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Better to do a brand new if they ever think about it. Those rewards from Delta recruiting event are outdated anyways. AOY, Gamma and Discovery each one had a different flavor so I imagine whatever they planned will be different and updated from the former older events.
    So, let met get this straight: Cryptic itself have said "we will not rerun the Temporal Agent Recruitment until we find a way to include the Klingons"... but if they do rerun it as it is, people will "rant and rave about not being included" because they will STILL not be able to play it as their preferred faction?

I say this as a player of BOTH factions that's capable of seeing BOTH sides of the barricade: at least TRY to pur yourself in someone else's shoes and stop crucifying people when they come forward with complaint that they see as legit because as long as those complaint are well expressed and are not offensive - like the majority of them are, no matter how much you'd like to pretend otherwise - they are perfectly allowed and in their full rights to express themselves. You may not like it, but that's irrelevant.

And since your are "the resident forum voice of reason", as per your signature, you could at least try not to start flaming just for the sake of it, uhm?

I'm not. I'm just pointing out forum history. Hell... just look at any time anything non Klingon is released! The forums light on fire.

And yes the Devs have stated that they're reluctant to run the Temporal Recruit again until they find a way to make it more inclusive. Its entirely possible that they have a way now if there is talk of a DSC Klingon subfaction. THAT could be tied into the Temporal Recruit event. We just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Also... I main Fed, but I have a couple characters KDF side too. So I can see both sides as well. But forum history has shown that some people get very Tribal over factions, and not everyone is willing to roll an opposing faction character. Its not uncommon for some faction based games to have that mentality in a subset of its playerbase. We see it in WoW a lot too. Horde vs Alliance.

I'm not accusing ALL KDF players of being Tribal and getting aggressive when they don't get their way. Its a small, yet extremely vocal, minority. Same situation with the hate directed at Discovery. Its a small, extremely vocal minority. I have no doubt the majority of KDF players are reasonable, and would roll a TOS Fed for the Recruit event. But there's still that small group that will light the forums on fire because there is no KDF option, feel they have been betrayed, and will not hesitate to voice that.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I would have no reason to run another AoY unless they included KDF, as I already have a AoY.

Wouldn't complain if it didn't happen, but would run a AoY KDF if they were included.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Do all of the recruitment events back to back...starting with Delta.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The thing is, if they do an AoY recruitment event they don't even have to everyone playing the exact same one (though it would be great to show the Klingon side of the original event storyline), since everyone ends up in the same current timeframe they could come from all over, the Feds (and possibly Romulan "spies") from the 2260s TOS setting and the Klingons from the 2250s DSC setting for instance.

Running both in parallel would take care of anyone except those who prefer to main Jem'Hadar (unless they came up with a more substantial Dominion faction with historical incidents of its own any J'H would have to already be a temporal agent just to be in the TOS/DSC pair) with little or no more effort than a plain DSC Klingon subfaction start.
    We'll have to wait and see how they impliment this DSC Klingon subfaction. IMO this would probably play into the Temporal Recruit easier than trying to build up a TOS era one. While I wouldn't mind seeing that TOS style Raptor made playable... we do have one DSC Klingon ship that has yet to be made playable. And, this is only theory crafting right now, it would probably make a decent analog to the DSC Fed Malachouski as a starter ship.

If a DSC Klingon character starts out as House Mo'kai, there would have to be some reason for this DSC Klingon to join the normal Klingon Empire in the 25th Century rather than follow J'Ula. My guess... Temporal Recruit situation. Daniels, or some other Temporal Agent, makes the DSC Klingon player a new identity just like the TOS Fed. And having a bigger understanding of the situation due to the flash training, is more likely to join normal KDF rather than follow J'Ula.
    I still think Cryptic should re-run the recruitment events once, maybe twice, a year.

Have console players had access to the 3 recruitment events?

I'm sure this "big influx" of Epic players would want access to the 3 recruitment events too.

If I remember you only need 1 Gamma for your account to benefit? You need 3 Deltas (1 of each: Eng, Sci, & Tac) to benefit your account completely? & also only need 1 Temporal to benefit the account?

It just seems there's something beyond Cryptic's usual "exclusivity" stingyness for this 1.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I still think Cryptic should re-run the recruitment events once, maybe twice, a year.

I'm sure this "big influx" of Epic players would want access to the 3 recruitment events too.

If I remember you only need 1 Gamma for your account to benefit? You need 3 Deltas (1 of each: Eng, Sci, & Tac) to benefit your account completely? & also only need 1 Temporal to benefit the account?

It just seems there's something beyond Cryptic's usual "exclusivity" stingyness for this 1.

Delta it was 1 Fed 1 Rom 1 KDF to get all the perks
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Yes epic store launch was a good opportunity to re-run at least Delta to help new players. I was surprised they didnt
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'm not. I'm just pointing out forum history. Hell... just look at any time anything non Klingon is released! The forums light on fire.

And yes the Devs have stated that they're reluctant to run the Temporal Recruit again until they find a way to make it more inclusive. Its entirely possible that they have a way now if there is talk of a DSC Klingon subfaction. THAT could be tied into the Temporal Recruit event. We just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Also... I main Fed, but I have a couple characters KDF side too. So I can see both sides as well. But forum history has shown that some people get very Tribal over factions, and not everyone is willing to roll an opposing faction character. Its not uncommon for some faction based games to have that mentality in a subset of its playerbase. We see it in WoW a lot too. Horde vs Alliance.

I'm not accusing ALL KDF players of being Tribal and getting aggressive when they don't get their way. Its a small, yet extremely vocal, minority. Same situation with the hate directed at Discovery. Its a small, extremely vocal minority. I have no doubt the majority of KDF players are reasonable, and would roll a TOS Fed for the Recruit event. But there's still that small group that will light the forums on fire because there is no KDF option, feel they have been betrayed, and will not hesitate to voice that.

Alright, but why bring it up at all, then? That's just opening Pandora's Box for the sake of opening it.

I'm not saying that there aren't those that are rude and impolite and even downright insulting - hell, I've lost my patience more than once, not gonna lie and say I didn't.
    But the majority are not like that. You know it as well as I do. You said it yourself "it's a small, yet extremely vocal, minority" so let's not incite them, please?

Having another Temporal Agent rerun would be nice, even if they decided to go with it as it is - and I'm saying this as someone that, same as everyone else that also plays klingon like yourself, would really, truly appreciate it if BOTH factions were to be included like it could've been done from the beginning, because Klingons DID exist during the TOS era and in fact, the simplest thing would've been to simply show the same storyline but from a Klingon perspective.
    I say this fully conscious that there are many, including old players, that are still missing it's rewards - and as others have said before me, they're really nice rewards!

TL;DR: don't invite the wolves in, if Cryptic wants to rerun a Temporal Recruitment even just for Feds many would still benefit from it, but it would be immensely cooler to see the other side and play even the same storyline from a Klingon pov.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Unfortunately these days... the only surefire way to not invite the wolves... is to not even speak up at all. Its just frustrating to feel like anything you say can (and will) be used against you.
    Nobody's perfect, and we're only human.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    There seems to be a new icon on the character selection screen that denotes a recruit. To the left of rank.
    discojer wrote: »
    There seems to be a new icon on the character selection screen that denotes a recruit. To the left of rank.

Actually... that's always been there for recruits.

Oh dang it lol thanks for the clarification & definitely a difference maker.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Oh dang it lol thanks for the clarification & definitely a difference maker.

It may depended a bit on the fact that more delta recruits from the other factions only mean more marks. As far as I know that is it so for me no reason at all to run them. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2020

You only need one Delta Recruit to get the unique stuff (like the paradox-corrector, which is still a decent ground-device). What can be added by DR from other factions are just the mark/dil-packs. Also, KDF-recruits can't complete all tasks currently.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

You only need one Delta Recruit to get the unique stuff (like the paradox-corrector, which is still a decent ground-device). What can be added by DR from other factions are just the mark/dil-packs. Also, KDF-recruits can't complete all tasks currently.

I seem to remember running into the same problem with Fed or Rom-Fed, though the missing missions might have been temporarily pulled for revamp and may be back.
This discussion has been closed.