test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL feature suggestion

livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
nothing fancy. Just in the same way we can save ship weapon loadouts, allow us to save different ship configurations. Idk about anyone else, but I like to mix it up a lot. would be nice to be able to just save the different configs and be able to load em up in the ship customizer. Anyway, just a suggestion.
gQytlm7.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    If you mean like how we can save our outfits in the Tailor... that already exists.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Well weapon, equipment, and ability loadouts can already be saved in that way using the (creatively named) loadout system. Just put your stuff into the slots, pick a name, hit save, and you're done. You can do it anywhere, ground or space, doesn't have to be near a shipyard; though in my experience there's always one or two abilities that fail to load and I have to go hunting for again after a swap. I'm looking at YOU, Heavy Graviton Beam!
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I mean more about how ships look. Like basically being able to save your different kit bashes in the same way you save loadouts.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @livinlifejb90#4082 said:
    > I mean more about how ships look. Like basically being able to save your different kit bashes in the same way you save loadouts.

So you want to be able to change your ship costume in sector space?
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    > @livinlifejb90#4082 said:
    > I mean more about how ships look. Like basically being able to save your different kit bashes in the same way you save loadouts.

So you want to be able to change your ship costume in sector space?

I could definitely get behind that. Right now, you can right click your portrait to swap costumes on ground without a tailor. It'd be nice to "swap ship costumes" in space. Although it breaks a bit of realism, arguably so does the whole feature.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Actually, if I am interpreting his initial post accurately, he's asking for a means to save his ship's appearance and load it up later in the ship tailor. Kinda like how we can save our outfits and load them later in the tailor.
    STO already has such a function.
    screenshot%202020-10-27%2013.06.30.png?dl=1
    The Save Preset and Load Preset buttons.
    Save Preset will save the current appearance of a ship. Load Preset will bring up a list, just like the saved outfits in the Tailor, and allow you to bring back a particular configuration.

While you can't just change the kitbash in space at will like you can your outfit on the ground, this does allow for saving favorite configurations for later use if you want to change things up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.