test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

31st Century Cross Faction Starships

therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
I got a question for the community. How do y’all feel about this class of warships. I personally love these ships as my standard all can do jack of all trades ships, especially the Raider and Dreadnought. They seem to fill a good choice for me as a set of ships that work for most content. Since I’m a free to play player who still can’t decide/won’t spend on any other ship I’m curious as to how others feel about them. Am I missing out on other ships? What criteria other than looks should I be looking for? I’m Tactical all the way in my alts. If I can get Aomori good suggestions I’m open to try and test any other ones but my only thing is that it’s gotta be able to hold its own in both solo and TFO’s.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    They are good ships. I have flown them for some time.

Cryptic has the habit to release ships with better stats as time goes by and with the release of miracle worker ships the temporal ones sadly took a back seat. Only exception are epg centric builds where temporal still has good synergies.

See the temporal ships as a bit dated after a few years but still good enough for anything you’d like to do in game. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have a couple of mine flying the Eternal, a couple flying the Chronos. No one flies the Ouroborus yet, but I have it from getting the three-pack, so someone might give it a try.

My main also flies a Nautilus drain/infection boat too. Got that one with one of my free coupons I been earning.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I never really cared for the 31st century ships but they're alright if you like temporal (I do, I just prefer other temporal ships)

The Cardassian ships however, I love that 3 pack of crossfaction ships, all of them are build very well and use Intel.

We could definitely use another 3 pack of Cross faction ships
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I used the Eternal and Krenim Sci Ship two weeks ago for about 20 minutes each to get the Traits. One run of Argala and one of 'Ninth Rule' for each ship and done. The Eternal performed well enough but no ship is going to get that Character out of my T6X Legendary Intrepid.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I'd probably suggest looking at the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Temporal Warship. Its hull is a little on the fragile side, but it's a great offensive platform for any faction(it's console and trait will even even change to match your faction's default damage type). 5 tac consoles, 5/3 weapon layout, a very comfortable bridge layout, and two wingmen. Temporal spec isn't as bite-y as Miracle Worker or Intel, but it's a very solid performer regardless.

Alternatively, you could go with the Kholhr Temporal Warbird if you wanted battlecloak and a less-squishy hull, but you'd give up the wingmen and have to deal with a singularity core instead of a warp core.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I used the Eternal and Krenim Sci Ship two weeks ago for about 20 minutes each to get the Traits. One run of Argala and one of 'Ninth Rule' for each ship and done. The Eternal performed well enough but no ship is going to get that Character out of my T6X Legendary Intrepid.

that's the way I feel. Drummond was made to fly a cruiser as a sci captain, and the sovereign and Odyssey have been amazing, but the MW Intrepid is clearly a superior build for my play style. that said, the temporal science ship with the dual hangars is worth an x ship makeover I think. she won't match even a standars MW Intrepid, but she just might be an interesting build.
    Spock.jpg

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Despite the Eternal not including the L word, it remains a favorite with it's 'pure' temporal bridge officer layout and is cross faction as well.
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Thanks for the insights and tips and suggestions. Being that story content, for the most part, is a breeze to blow through singlehandedly, my main focus is on TFO’s and not feeling “outgunned” compared to others on my team and the enemy ships. I haven’t seen any other ships I could use that fit the bill as a free to play player that are cross faction usable that will hold their own.
This discussion has been closed.