test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to get old Promotional Starships?

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack allows us to get the old ships as well or just the current advertised one? If so an event that would let us pick from the old ships would be greatly appreciated. Would they even consider putting some ships into the lobi store for a short period of time?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Choice_Pack_-_Tier_6_Promotional_Ship_Choice_Pack

You got all the possible rewards showcased there, any of them listed can be "unpacked" through it

Promo packs seem to be their big money-maker as you usually need to shell out a good amount of case opening boxes if you want to get one or pay someone who already got it over 1b ec in exchange, so the chance to get something in lobi store is very low. That said they did temporary placed the Tzen-tar recently but dont hope for any of the non-alien ones
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Choice_Pack_-_Tier_6_Promotional_Ship_Choice_Pack

You got all the possible rewards showcased there, any of them listed can be "unpacked" through it

Promo packs seem to be their big money-maker as you usually need to shell out a good amount of case opening boxes if you want to get one or pay someone who already got it over 1b ec in exchange, so the chance to get something in lobi store is very low. That said they did temporary placed the Tzen-tar recently but dont hope for any of the non-alien ones

I suppose getting a Temporal T'liss Warbird is only possible through pure gambling...
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Since they got a legendary romulan(intel though) t'liss already as centerpiece in a bundle with base normal cost 12k, I doubt they think it as not-so-popular

to be honest, you may prefer saving for that bundle and waiting for a sale of at least 20% discount

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Legendary_Romulan_Captain_Bundle
    Or I can just wait for an event and gamble till I get the ship I want :p. I really doubt the ship will end up in Exchange anyway so saving money is not that paramount rn
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    daimon97 wrote: »
    Or I can just wait for an event and gamble till I get the ship I want :p. I really doubt the ship will end up in Exchange anyway so saving money is not that paramount rn

The ship is currently on the exchange, but it's 1.4B.

Search for "Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship" and you will find it.

If you REALLY want it.. sell keys and save up for it. When the next R&D Promo hits, buy the R&D boxes.. but don't open them. Sell them for 25M a pop and just save up to buy the ship. It's your money, no one can tell you what to do with it, but gambling for this ship is a BAD idea. You could end up spending hundreds and getting nothing. If you're going to risk that much money anyway, just use it to buy EC and get the ship from the exchange.

Also remember that once a promo starts, the supply will likely increase. The ship is 1.4B right now because it's the only one available. That ship is not worth that much EC. Be careful here, I know being patient can be hard, but if you don't exercise some patience you are going to get ripped off.

Be careful here buddy, I don't want to see you get taken. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited October 2020

The ship is currently on the exchange, but it's 1.4B.

Search for "Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship" and you will find it.

If you REALLY want it.. sell keys and save up for it. When the next R&D Promo hits, buy the R&D boxes.. but don't open them. Sell them for 25M a pop and just save up to buy the ship. It's your money, no one can tell you what to do with it, but gambling for this ship is a BAD idea. You could end up spending hundreds and getting nothing. If you're going to risk that much money anyway, just use it to buy EC and get the ship from the exchange.

Also remember that once a promo starts, the supply will likely increase. The ship is 1.4B right now because it's the only one available. That ship is not worth that much EC. Be careful here, I know being patient can be hard, but if you don't exercise some patience you are going to get ripped off.

Be careful here buddy, I don't want to see you get taken. :smile:

Thank you my friend I will be careful :D
    And I was joking lol lock boxes and etc are only to make people spend more and more I am aware that the its rigged :D
  • admiralmedea1admiralmedea1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I want another chance 2 get the temporal heavy dread cruiser and the other 2 types!!!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    And I was joking lol lock boxes and etc are only to make people spend more and more I am aware that the its rigged :D

On the other hand... can get Lobi every box. ;)

I should really put a dent in my stockpile of Infinity Boxes one of these days... I have 0 Lobi right now.
    After I get the DSC D7. Need the ECs more.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.