test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Ship did you X-upgrade?

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Thanks Peter. I do have a few ships that I'm not getting rid of. The Wells and Intrepid are two of them, even though they be T5-UX rather than T6X

I do have some T6 ships I might upgrade with the next sale. No hurry on it, really.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    ok 2 questions, I think I know the answer but I want to make sure... these tokens are PER SHIP, right? so if I Update Anne's T6 Defiant, Ecetera's won't be upgraded too, correct? and if you have a MW ship, does it give add a second? or does the token convert an existing slot to universal?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > I upgraded a grand total of 49 ships

Wow, you don’t do things by halves do you? B)

Hehe, no, I don't. :blush:

Another way of looking at this, though, is that half my ships got devaluated with this Cryptic move. So, at least, half of them (the good half) is up-to-speed again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    ok 2 questions, I think I know the answer but I want to make sure... these tokens are PER SHIP, right? so if I Update Anne's T6 Defiant, Ecetera's won't be upgraded too, correct? and if you have a MW ship, does it give add a second? or does the token convert an existing slot to universal?

Supposedly if you upgrade one ship in one toon the upgrade will be free for the rest toons - you just will hit upgrade for free on them, in a way like some ships got T%U free upgrade. All T6 ships get an extra uni so practically a MW ship that has 5 base tac consoles and a 6th from uni slot can now get a seventh. Examples are the Juggenaught and the Tzen-tar
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    ok 2 questions, I think I know the answer but I want to make sure... these tokens are PER SHIP, right? so if I Update Anne's T6 Defiant, Ecetera's won't be upgraded too, correct?

The tokens are per account, so if you upgrade a Fleet Defiant, any other character also in a Fleet Defiant will be able to visit the ship selector and upgrade that ship for free. The upgrade won't happen automatically, that character must go to the ship vendor and click on the upgrade.

What I need clarification on is that prior to release I was under the impression these tokens worked like the old T5U Tokens. So if you upgraded the Fleet Defiant, it would also upgrade the base C-Store version. I saw something just after the release that insinuated that with the T6X Tokens it considers fleet and C-Store ships to be different. So if you upgraded character #1's Fleet Defiant, character #2 could only get a free upgrade if they were also in a Fleet Defiant and not the C-Store variant.

It would be nice if someone with experience upgrading fleet ships can confirm this. I only upgraded promo/lock box ships and ships that were Fleet Level from the Store.

Napalm answered your second question, the MW ship is exactly the same it just adds one more universal console.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It would be nice if someone with experience upgrading fleet ships can confirm this. I only upgraded promo/lock box ships and ships that were Fleet Level from the Store.

yeah I upgraded my fleet morrigu...the base one does not get upgraded.

Bummer, I was hoping they worked like the old T5U Upgrades that did the base version as well.

Oh well, at least now we know.. thanks Cold.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Yes if you upgraded a Fleet one to X, on other characters of the accoount you need first a fleet module to upgrade the base version before you upgrade to T6X for free on the alt. Thankfully for me it wasnt a concern since I still got fleet modules from making reps to T6 so I went and upgraded the Fleet Vo'Quv T6 to T6X on my main and my alts will get it too
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    My Fed Sci captain upgraded her beloved-
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Olympic_Research_Science_Vessel_Retrofit
    I kitbashed it with the Horizon Saucer (Goldfish Bowl), and the Hope class hull, to lose the pregnant guppy look. I kept the Olympic nacelles. With the Medical Vanity shield, she looks very good in red and white, and she's deadly AF.

My KDF tactical captain went with the -
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Krenim_Science_Vessel
    Also with the Medical Vanity shield, a very handsome ship, and meaner than a she bear with three cubs and one sore teat.

With both upgrades, I added an extra Fleet Research Lab science console to an already muy formidable Megawell build, and they are now Murderball 9000X

5EuH7Pe.png

This is my KDF captain in her Krenim Science Vessel, buffed with E2Aux, (which is up almost all the time), but not QSM, which only lasts 8 seconds

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    My Soyuz is like....

*Soyuz gets wailed on by weapons fire from all directions, little to no shield drain or hull damage*

Soyuz: It is my turn, yet? B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I think the Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser is a fine candidate, clearly not the best top-notch dps ship but I think for overall utility I think a good candidate for X upgrading.
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I put one on one of the new carriers. Really liked it. Then I went to another toon who uses the same ship and it was not upgraded. This game promised account wide unlock and they lied. Yes, I went to the ship person and tried to upgrade the way T% to T%u works, nothing. I hate being lied to, so I am not upgrading(or buying) another ship until they fix this.
    I put one on one of the new carriers. Really liked it. Then I went to another toon who uses the same ship and it was not upgraded. This game promised account wide unlock and they lied. Yes, I went to the ship person and tried to upgrade the way T% to T%u works, nothing. I hate being lied to, so I am not upgrading(or buying) another ship until they fix this.

IF you upgraded the base version only the base version can be upgraded for free(you still need to click upgrade when you do it on other toon) and if you upgraded the fleet version only the Fleet version will be for free. Its confusing I know.

For example I got the Fleet Vo'quv upgraded on my main toon but if I go claim the base c-store version on my alt, I need to first upgrade it with a fleet module to Fleet version to get T6X on it
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    My first three ships to get the X-upgrade treatment were my Section 31 intel sci destroyer, my legendary T'liss and my fleet Nautilus.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The legendary assault cruiser. It was the only ship that I use on multiple characters at the moment.

The Vesta, and either the Alita or my new Inquiry class will be next and then the Nebula probably. I've got one token and I can get another one as soon as they appear again in the Phoenix boxes.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I had a bunch of UR Phoenix tokens, so could upgrade several ships:

Legendary Oddy
    Legendary Defiant
    Legendary NX
    MW Discoprise
    Legendary T'Liss
    JH Light Battlecruiser
    Fleet Shepard
    TAC Scimitar
    Kholhr Temporal Warbird
    MW D7
    Legendary Intrepid
    Legendary Crossfield
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Still haven't decided which ships will get the X treatment. Got one free upgrade and a few UR Phoenix tokens so that should be a place to start.
    I usually switch ships quite often and i'm not planning to uplift each and every ship in my inventory. Choices, choices.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    Still haven't decided which ships will get the X treatment. Got one free upgrade and a few UR Phoenix tokens so that should be a place to start.
    I usually switch ships quite often and i'm not planning to uplift each and every ship in my inventory. Choices, choices.

If you use more toons as main(like me, I got one per career path as main so 3 mains) you could start by upgrading a main ship per toon so they all perform better. Improving more than one toons is usually better than just improving many ships on one toon

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Question, the tokens in the Phoenix box where for a limited time??.. there is none there, so i want to know.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Question, the tokens in the Phoenix box where for a limited time??.. there is none there, so i want to know.. :neutral:

That they were! They might return at some point in the future for a short time, but as of now, the only ways to get them are via the Exchange for about 50 million EC each or through the C-Store.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »

That they were! They might return at some point in the future for a short time, but as of now, the only ways to get them are via the Exchange for about 50 million EC each or through the C-Store.

Ahh, ok!, just got one epic the other say and wanted to buy some, i'll wait, thanks!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited October 2020
    ok so for fleet it seems you have to upgrade fleet then to X.
    would it not then be a benefit to upgrade to X first, that way they all are upgraded, and then to fleet as needed?
    or am i not making sense and what i posted will not work?

i havent done any X upgrades yet, so i am looking at best benefit in regards to fleet ships. this is an odd upgrade and it confuses me.

You do not upgrade a ship to the Fleet version. You purchase a Fleet version of that ship. There is no need to have any previous version of the ship in order to purchase the Fleet version.

Let's take the Olympic as an example. There is a Research Science Vessel. There is a Research Science Vessel Retrofit. There is a Fleet Research Science Vessel Retrofit. Those are three separate ships. You cannot make any one of them into either of the other two.

I purchased a Fleet Research Science Vessel Retrofit. Then I applied an upgrade token to make it a T-5U. Then I applied an X upgrade token to make it a T-5U-X. She is now a Murder Machine. She is The Screaming Death Witch From Hell.

Capiche, paisan?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Just upgraded my main's Eternal. I might also upgrade his Nautilus drain boat too. Most likely I'll upgrade my AoY's Paradox with the last token.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I upgraded my trusty old Galaxy Class Starship..

So now I have a Fleet Exploration Cruiser T6-X

It was hard picking out what console and trait to use though, for the device slot I already had a good idea. I eventually settled on the Super Charged Weapons trait since I could get that from one of the other ships I had already bought, can't remember which one though. I think it was the tactical version of the Odyssey.

But I can't find a good console to put in the universal slot the upgrade created.. So for now I just put the Enhanced Plasma Manifold console there, since I get that "free" from my Oberth Class Starship.

It was hard picking out what console and trait to use though, for the device slot I already had a good idea. I eventually settled on the Super Charged Weapons trait since I could get that from one of the other ships I had already bought, can't remember which one though. I think it was the tactical version of the Odyssey.

But I can't find a good console to put in the universal slot the upgrade created.. So for now I just put the Enhanced Plasma Manifold console there, since I get that "free" from my Oberth Class Starship.

For a Science ship, it's a no-brainer. Just stuff in one more Fleet Research Lab Science Console. Moar EPG, moar CtrlX!

In truth there's no point boosting CtrlX over 400, but you get the idea.
    edited October 2020
    ok so for fleet it seems you have to upgrade fleet then to X.
    would it not then be a benefit to upgrade to X first, that way they all are upgraded, and then to fleet as needed?
    or am i not making sense and what i posted will not work?

i havent done any X upgrades yet, so i am looking at best benefit in regards to fleet ships. this is an odd upgrade and it confuses me.

You do not upgrade a ship to the Fleet version. You purchase a Fleet version of that ship.

True, so far.
    There is no need to have any previous version of the ship in order to purchase the Fleet version.

Except that the 'base' ship comes with a console and Trait, of course; and that outright buying a Fleet ship with just 5 Fleet modules, is generally considered a very uneconomical way of doing things. But technically true on not needing the base ship to get the Fleet version.
    Let's take the Olympic as an example. There is a Research Science Vessel. There is a Research Science Vessel Retrofit. There is a Fleet Research Science Vessel Retrofit. Those are three separate ships. You cannot make any one of them into either of the other two.

But here your argument falls apart. Research Science Vessel and Research Science Vessel Retrofit are simply two different ships altogether, regardless of Fleet status.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

For a Science ship, it's a no-brainer. Just stuff in one more Fleet Research Lab Science Console. Moar EPG, moar CtrlX!

Don't mean to be argumentative, but 'no-brainers' rarely really are. :) The extra slot, for instance, opens one up to now forming 2-piece sets (with bonuses), that were otherwise too high a cost to lose 2 console slots over. Like on my 'fidget spinner', I now use the 2-piece set with the console from the Risa weather ship, ditching just 1 other console. That would have otherwise been too expensive (opportunity-cost wise). Sometimes an extra slot is just an extra slot, but often it unlocks new and exciting other possibilities -- theretofore not realistically doable.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.