test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get singularity cores?

perjiperji Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Now that everyone can fly Warbirds, I am looking for detailed instructions on how to obtain a Kobali set singularity core, the Bajoran set singularity core or the Solanae set singularity core on non romulan characters. I'm sure there are others like the Braydon or the Breen sets that I'm missing here.
Surely, there has to be a way of obtaining these objects as a notromulan.

Best Answer

Answers

• perjiperji Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    That's how you obtain them

This is not how you obtain them.
    You go open up a Kobali Samsar Cruiser pack and see how many singularity cores you get.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    The Kobali Regenerative Circuitry is a set of four space items that are available from the “Dust to Dust” mission and the 5 Year Anniversary Event or a [Phoenix Prize Pack] Epic Token:

[Kobali Regenerative Shield Array Mk XII]
    [Kobali Deflector Array Mk XII]
    [Kobali Hyper-Impulse Engines Mk XII]
    One of the following from the Kobali Samsar Cruiser can be equipped depending on the vessel type:

[Kobali Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk XII]
    [Kobali Field Stabilizing Singularity Core Mk XII]
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    You may need to look in the dilithium store reclaim tab for a core.

However, keep in mind all of these are tied to anniversary ships (which is one of the stupidest things they've ever done) so if you don't have access to the ship, you don't have access to the warp or singularity core at all in most cases.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    perji wrote: »
    Now that everyone can fly Warbirds, I am looking for detailed instructions on how to obtain a Kobali set singularity core, the Bajoran set singularity core or the Solanae set singularity core on non romulan characters. I'm sure there are others like the Braydon or the Breen sets that I'm missing here.
    You go open up a Kobali Samsar Cruiser pack and see how many singularity cores you get.
    You don't get a singularity core as a non-romulan for certain old legacy sets tied to anniversary ships.

I checked this yesterday. You absolutely do get a singularity core for the Samsar as a non Rom, but you must get it via the reclaim tab of the dilithium store.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    I checked this yesterday. You absolutely do get a singularity core for the Samsar as a non Rom, but you must get it via the reclaim tab of the dilithium store.

So many places to look. You are absolutely correct.

uyQlyCE.jpg

So many places to look. You are absolutely correct.

uyQlyCE.jpg

I do not have that and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Did you earn the Samsar during the original event like I did? Did you have any Romulan characters at the time that claimed it?

I'm just wondering why some people have the option for a singularity core and others don't.

There's probably a simple a simple answer out there somewhere.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    You don't get a singularity core as a non-romulan for certain old legacy sets tied to anniversary ships.

Which is a shame and should really be fixed.
    That said, the current event reward also includes a singularity.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

Which is a shame and should really be fixed.
    That said, the current event reward also includes a singularity.

At this point I have no idea if my original answer is correct or incorrect.

I'm seeing a singularity core for the Kobali set in both the dil store and the event store reclaim tab on my non-romulan but not for the Bajoran, Braydon, and Solanae sets.

Working as intended?

The singularity for the Breen set is from the Q's Winter Wonderland event store.
    At this point I have no idea if my original answer is correct or incorrect.

The original answer is correct. There is no way to obtain a singularity core.

Kobali set - the only way I can get this is to reclaim the Samsar box and open it. On normal chars you get the ship and a bound to char warp core. On romulans you also get the sing core. Not a romulan? No way to get one.
    Bajor set - the bajor warp core is a reclaim under Reclaim Rewards > Space Equip. Again, for romulans there's also a singularity core here. Not a romulan, no way to get one.
    Breen set - this one you CAN actually get as it is present in the Winter Store.
    Braydon - opening a reclaimed Ho'kuun box will get you the warp core. Not the sing core unless you are romulan.
    Solanae - this core comes equipped on the T5 dyson destroyer. For romulans the science destroyer unpacks with a sing core equipped and an extra warp core on the side.
    None of the items are available in the dil store.
    There are probably more sets I'm forgetting right now.