test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/23/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited November 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/23 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It’s good to see the Legendary Dreadnought fixed before the sale ended. Thank you very much for that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Tailor issues? I have boffs that are blinking on and off and some that I cant edit because I get a warning saying "cannot change the species"...

Is this what you are referring to?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So are these patch notes for 10/23/20 or are they for 10/24/20? The thread says 10/23, the blog says 10/24. Which one is correct? Also, surprised again that this patch will be during a Friday. With that said so glad they are finally fixing the in-game bug report tool. Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic! Much appreciated but please extend the event due to the DirectX bug for those who had that issue as well as these unusual maintenances these past few days. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    "Tickets can now be submitted via “Report Player Behavior”, “Character Problems”, and “Item Problems”.

this is confusing. There are a lot more categories in the Report a Bug section. Are you adding these to the already existing categories or are you scrapping:

- Powers & Combat
    - Missions
    - UI
    - Graphics & Environment
    - Sound
    - Memory Leaks
    - Other

What if a bug doesn't fall into "Report Player Behavior", "Characters" or "Item Problems"? How do we report bugs that fall into those other categories through these 3 only? @ambassadorkael#6946

also what will be in place to stop people from abusing the "Report Player Behavior" option? Because that one seems ripe for griefing.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Tailor issues? I have boffs that are blinking on and off and some that I cant edit because I get a warning saying "cannot change the species"...

Is this what you are referring to?

Exactly!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's for Friday. They had to have the error, otherwise they'd break the streek of no Announcement Blog will be released without some error.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainhaseocaptainhaseo Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    if you play Counterpoint TFO you'll get like 20FPS, memory leak?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »
    So are these patch notes for 10/23/20 or are they for 10/24/20? The thread says 10/23, the blog says 10/24. Which one is correct? Also, surprised again that this patch will be during the weekend. With that said so glad they are finally fixing the in-game bug report tool. Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic! Much appreciated but please extend the event due to the DirectX bug for those who had that issue as well as these unusual maintenances these past few days. :)

The launcher, thread title, and top of thread post all say 10/23... which is Friday, so not "during the weekend".

At the time I posted, the news announcement was wrong it has since been corrected which is why I pointed it out in the first place. Now, I know it is indeed on a Friday since every other place stated that date except the blog post. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Thank you for fixing confirmation of bug reporting. It was hard to tell if it was worth trying to file them (or if they were just going into the ether).
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Some more definitive guidance on what issues fall into each category for the new reporting options would definitely be a help, perhaps start a trend and post a genuinely helpful article on the forums...

The 'Report player behaviour' category is self explanatory, but I can easily see the potential for an issue to fit both the 'Character Problems' and 'Item Problems' categories, or even neither, without further guidance (a good example would be the recent problem with an active ship being shown twice).

Making the problem reporting tools more efficient and relevant to the activities in game is a laudable goal, and should help reports reach the appropriate team quicker and aid in a speedier resolution, but that effort could be largely wasted if players still don't understand which category is appropriate to a particular issue.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Resolved an issue where the Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser T6...
    The cynical part of me expected the blog to be changed and not the ship. Well done, Cryptic for fixing this - and for doing so as quickly as you did!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It’s good to see the Legendary Dreadnought fixed before the sale ended. Thank you very much for that.

Resolved an issue where the Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser T6...
    The cynical part of me expected the blog to be changed and not the ship. Well done, Cryptic for fixing this - and for doing so as quickly as you did!

I too am glad Cryptic corrected the MU Legend Dread in a timely manner. I was cynically thinking the announcement might be changed too since easier. I always figured Cryptic would correct it eventually & somehow & I'm impressed it was done in a expedited fashion. Well done.

Nice job on the bug submitting tickets too. A minor issue yes, but if/when players take the time to do so an acknowledgment is appreciated even if just a visual.

This discussion has been closed.