test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Advise

daviticusdaviticus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I leveled up to 65 with a friend a couple years ago and am now looking at getting back into the game. I am getting my TRIBBLE kicked in many of the missions I attempt solo. I know I am probably lacking in many areas of the game. So with that said, here are several questions:

Would a T6 ship help with missions, and if so which one should I buy?

I see so many guides out there, can I get a recommendation on which would be best for someone already at Fleet Admiral but missing peripheral aspects of the game?

Are there any Fleets out there that still accept a newbie with a ton more questions?

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    That guide above is great and should help you out a lot.

As westmetals said, any T6 ship is fine for content.. go through the guide and then if you want to pick up a T6 ship maybe let us know what ship you like and we can give build help for that ship. This game isn't so difficult that only certain items will do or only certain ships will work. They will all work and work well.

When deciding on a ship the best thing to do is pick the ship you want and then tailor the build to that ship.

If you're unsure what ship you like, let us know what style you prefer and we can suggest options. Do you like beams or cannons? Do you prefer to zip around the screen quickly, hit hard and get out? or do you prefer a larger ship that wades into the middle of the battle and opens fire? Do you prefer tactical style of game play? Engineering? Science?

If you could answer this then we can select a good ship for your style. Once we have that, we can give build advice for that particular ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    and check STOacademy's builds for ideas.
    Spock.jpg

• erias#8279 erias Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I'm new here so I don't have the right to make new posts yet and this seems about the right place to post this noob question. I have a Mac and would like to play STO but I can't find anywhere to download this on Mac. I looked on the Steam platform but they seem to have only the PC version.

Some Mac user could help me out here ?
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    erias#8279 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here so I don't have the right to make new posts yet and this seems about the right place to post this noob question. I have a Mac and would like to play STO but I can't find anywhere to download this on Mac. I looked on the Steam platform but they seem to have only the PC version.

I don't think there is a mac version. You can probably try running it through a windows emulator or whatever they do to run windows on mac. Try an internet search, there are probably places to find out more.
  • enoylsenoyls Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    erias#8279 wrote: »

Hi erias,
    They dropped Mac support years ago so I switched to running Crossover Mac. Then a few updates later they changed something rather drastically and it became unplayable so I dropped it. I've been playing on Console since it came out on XBox and PS4 but recently decided to try it on my newer Mac. I was able to get it up and running again last week using this guide. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Linux_OS_and_Mac_OS_X Odds are you won't be able to play on much more than Low video settings, maybe Medium depending on your specific Mac setup but it does seem playable so far on the current version. Hopefully they won't change something again that messes it all up again down the road. :)