test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Mirror Bundle

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    While I understand Cryptic may want to make surprises at times on releasing bundles like this, this problem only outlines the need for proper test server where people can check new things. Any of the players would had caught this problem before it went on live if they had the means to test it, and to be honest they could had indirectly promoted it like that if people "test-drived" it there too and got tempted to get it
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    While I understand Cryptic may want to make surprises at times on releasing bundles like this, this problem only outlines the need for proper test server where people can check new things. Any of the players would had caught this problem before it went on live if they had the means to test it, and to be honest they could had indirectly promoted it like that if people "test-drived" it there too and got tempted to get it

I agree, but on the other hand, I don't think Cryptic wants to risk their testers go out and saying "Looks OP on paper, but is only mediocre in practice." Particularly when they are counting on people paying out the nose for the shiny new trait/console that come with the copy-and-paste ship because they think it will increase their DPS slightly.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »
    ...IF Cryptic fixes the minor already broke parts of the ship just released (too much copy & pasting without double-checking)...

Referring to the fact that both the news page on the ship's stats, and the in-game store description say it has a LtCmdr. UNI/Cmd seat, but it's actually a LtCmdr. ENG/Cmd seat on the actual ship?

Aye, the different/inaccurate BOFF layout & the Specialization abilities which can be big reasons when buying a ship.

I guess its another copy-paste problem, I still remember the 5 keys support carrier bundle pack for example. My guess is they copied and pasted another ship and edited the blog to reflect the new ships stats etc but forgot to change everything and didnt errorproof them.

Edit: Apparently it is a bug as QA guy says:

Placeholderqa
    Cryptic Studios QA

1 hour ago
    This is indeed a bug and not by design. Can't give you an exact date for it to be fixed but it's already fixed internally which is a good sign for it going out fairly soon.

Good news to hear! This happens way too much imo (shrug b'c of pandemic) & is highlighted when it is a brand new release broken from the start, but at least Cryptic seems to be aware & saying it'll be fixed.

• alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    • All New Tier 6 Ship: Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser
    • Agony Phaser Torpedo Launcher
    • Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
    • Mirror Odyssey Uniform
    • Mirror Romulan Uniform
    • Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform
    • Mirror Leeta Uniform
    • Mirror Porthos non-combat Rottweiler pet
    • Mirror Universe Registry unlocks
    • Mirror Hakeev duty officer
    And mirror prefixes for all your ships

While this may be worth it for newer players, the recent bundles have annoyed me with the addition of LOBI CONSORTIUM stuff that we have to grind lock boxes to get the crystals to buy.

I have the Mirror Empire Odyssey Uniform, Mirror Romulan Uniform, Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform and the Mirror Empire Jupiter Outfit (that's what Leeta's variant is in the Lobi store) for 150 Crystals EACH. While I like them being an account unlock for buying this bundle, it's still annoying that many of us spent hard to earn currency on them beforehand.

Are these uniforms going to be moved from the Lobi store to the Zen store's Outfit tab due to this? Or is the ONLY way to get them as the account unlock is by buying this pack?

Also have the agony torpedo and dual pistols as an account unlock from the events/features that they originally came from.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I hope that Attack Cruiser (Attackcruiser?) from "All Good Things...", the main Klingon ship of the alternate future timeline, is added to the game. It's too bad it wasn't added when the Dreadnaught Cruiser was.

With a T5 and a T6, the Dreadnaught Cruiser has two Admiralty Cards (+1 thanks to Legedary Dreadnaught Cruiser). Maybe if there's Legendary Attackcruiser bundle, with the T5 and T6 versions included.

If that's not possible, then at least skins/parts
    My prayers have finally been answered. I.S.S. Prefixes for all federation ships and to top it off it comes with Enterprise D Mirror Dreadnaught with its iconic yellow pincer decals on the saucer from Mirror Broken.

6464819-iss%20enterprise%20d.jpg

To all the naysayers three years ago complaining about asking for this for so long...
    NN17vzo.gif

We really need to get the Starfleet jacket that Scotty is wearing in that gif in the C-Store :)
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User

While this may be worth it for newer players, the recent bundles have annoyed me with the addition of LOBI CONSORTIUM stuff that we have to grind lock boxes to get the crystals to buy.

I have the Mirror Empire Odyssey Uniform, Mirror Romulan Uniform, Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform and the Mirror Empire Jupiter Outfit (that's what Leeta's variant is in the Lobi store) for 150 Crystals EACH. While I like them being an account unlock for buying this bundle, it's still annoying that many of us spent hard to earn currency on them beforehand.

Are these uniforms going to be moved from the Lobi store to the Zen store's Outfit tab due to this? Or is the ONLY way to get them as the account unlock is by buying this pack?

Also have the agony torpedo and dual pistols as an account unlock from the events/features that they originally came from.

The amount of Zen the pack is sold for on sale gets about 80-100 Lobi in straight Zen-Keys-Lobi conversion. If buying an account unlock was in the Lobi store, there's no way it would be that cheap.

Frankly, for anyone interested in doing a mirror universe character, this is the best value thing going in STO; even a solely KDF or solely Rom player is better off buying this pack for Zen than buying the uniforms for Lobi, even though they won't use anything else apart from the prefixes.

Besides, Cryptic know they've basically exhausted the market for people willing to pay for these items in the Lobi store; using them to tempt C-Store market players to pay more for a ship than they would normally is practically free cash at this point. Same with the other Legendary Bundles - Cryptic know the metrics for how many players will buy in at different price points, and once everyone who will spend $200 on keys for a ship has bought one, you look at how many will buy in at lower prices.

Mudd's Market and the various Legendary Bundles are both ways of testing how far C-Store buyers (a lower price point demographic than Lockbox/Lobi buyers) can be pushed to spend, given that it is known they will not buy in at the higher price point.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

The amount of Zen the pack is sold for on sale gets about 80-100 Lobi in straight Zen-Keys-Lobi conversion. If buying an account unlock was in the Lobi store, there's no way it would be that cheap.

Frankly, for anyone interested in doing a mirror universe character, this is the best value thing going in STO; even a solely KDF or solely Rom player is better off buying this pack for Zen than buying the uniforms for Lobi, even though they won't use anything else apart from the prefixes.

Besides, Cryptic know they've basically exhausted the market for people willing to pay for these items in the Lobi store; using them to tempt C-Store market players to pay more for a ship than they would normally is practically free cash at this point. Same with the other Legendary Bundles - Cryptic know the metrics for how many players will buy in at different price points, and once everyone who will spend $200 on keys for a ship has bought one, you look at how many will buy in at lower prices.

Mudd's Market and the various Legendary Bundles are both ways of testing how far C-Store buyers (a lower price point demographic than Lockbox/Lobi buyers) can be pushed to spend, given that it is known they will not buy in at the higher price point.

I agree, I think Cryptic is exploring other methods of revenue outside of Lock Boxes and it seems to be paying off for them.

I was giving this promo some strong consideration.. at 4500 Zen on sale it's basically a really good T6 Ship (3k Zen Value) with all the lobi stuff for 1500 Zen. That's not a bad deal.

The problem is, I have reconsidered because of it's bugged state on launch. I am just so fed up with bugged stuff being pushed to live with no testing that I am finding it hard to financially support this developer. I will likely not buy the bundle, it's a good deal, but until things change with Cryptic I have opted to show my displeasure though a lack of spending. They almost had me on this one.. but of course it was once again just rushed to the server a day early even.. without any type of testing or quality control at all and I cannot support that.

I will consider it if the issue is fixed before the sale expires, but I won't buy something I know is bugged. If the fix takes longer then the sale lasts then I am perfectly content to pass on it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    It is the best version of the Galaxy class in the game, even in it's current state. But, it is missing what they said it would have, and they need to get that sorted as it is false advertisement as it stands.
  • lordvulpiuslordvulpius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm happy they confirmed the wrong seating (and missing intel gimmick) is a bug. But I hope the "fairly short" does not mean weeks, or more... can we hope it will be fixed today?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    deleted
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I hope that Attack Cruiser (Attackcruiser?) from "All Good Things...", the main Klingon ship of the alternate future timeline, is added to the game. It's too bad it wasn't added when the Dreadnaught Cruiser was.

With a T5 and a T6, the Dreadnaught Cruiser has two Admiralty Cards (+1 thanks to Legedary Dreadnaught Cruiser). Maybe if there's Legendary Attackcruiser bundle, with the T5 and T6 versions included.

If that's not possible, then at least skins/parts
    My prayers have finally been answered. I.S.S. Prefixes for all federation ships and to top it off it comes with Enterprise D Mirror Dreadnaught with its iconic yellow pincer decals on the saucer from Mirror Broken.

6464819-iss%20enterprise%20d.jpg

To all the naysayers three years ago complaining about asking for this for so long...
    NN17vzo.gif

We really need to get the Starfleet jacket that Scotty is wearing in that gif in the C-Store :)

If it only looked that good in game.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, i actually buyed this bundle, even thou i had most of the ships (didnt liked the galaxy x, but the mirror spec i like), and i think it's a good value, yes, it's bugged, but it will be fixed, so, no problem for me. At this price point, i have noproblem buying Legendary packs, as i can afford them once in a month, i just hope they release the Glenn as an stand alone pack eventually
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • mattdoodymattdoody Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    This? Is getting absolutely ridiculous. There's been, what, one regular C-store release in the past year? Everything else has been insanely overpriced Legendary bundles, insanely overpriced Mudd's Market releases, some very strange choices of promo pack ships, and a couple of lockbox ships.

Not that I'm surprised, mind you. But this is definitely ridiculous.

Folks complained when the first legendary bundle released that it was too expensive, even though they're getting $1k of value for $300 ($200 on sale). Which I get it, a couple hundred is alot to invest up front, however no other bundle gave that kind of value for that kind of price. Folks complained and said "if you let us buy the ships individually we'll do it, even if we have to pay a little more per ship." Well folks are getting what they wished for, individual ships that they're going to have to pay extra per ship to get. Too many folks have this unreasonable expectation that Cryptic should basically sell legendary ships (and ships in general) that may or may not have potent items, traits, be a fan favorite etc, at some ridiculously low sum like $5 a ship, and that's just not going to happen. This ship and the romulan ship are 2 instances of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." Folks wished for individual ships even if they had to pay more, and that's what they're getting. If you think it's too expensive then by all means don't buy it, you're under no obligation to do so, same thing with lockbox, promo, or lobi ships.

As for Mudd's Market, the trick to that stuff is not to buy at full price. As Mudd himself says "only a sucker would buy this at full price". Wait for the sales then buy. Even then you don't need everything that pops up in Mudd's just because it's there. If you think something is too expensive, you're entitled to that opinion and to voice that opinion civilly. If you think it's too expensive then don't buy it and vote with your wallet. If you think it's too expensive yet you buy it anyways, that tells the company you didn't care as much as you say you did.

I wholeheartedly agree. You cant please everyone unfortunately. I am not a personal fan of the Galaxy look (heresy I know) but i did want this bundle. So I bought it. Other than the currently acknowledged issues as well as some missing tailor items (terran badge) with the ship I'm very happy with doing so. 4.5k zen for a ship, decent trait and all of the bells and whistles which would have cost further thousands of zen per character to get now being account unlocks. what can I say other than this is a fine bundle.
    Give me more please (mirror NX at some point maybe :smirk: )
    people had complained back then either because they didnt have the time to save as much money back then or the legendary pack ignored them(KDF, Roms, JH). The first part could had been solved by selling seperate ships at a higher price eg 4000 zen per ship individually making the whole pack still the best deal by far but also giving the chance to some people buy 1-2 ships if they couldnt save on the whole.
    people had complained back then either because they didnt have the time to save as much money back then or the legendary pack ignored them(KDF, Roms, JH). The first part could had been solved by selling seperate ships at a higher price eg 4000 zen per ship individually making the whole pack still the best deal by far but also giving the chance to some people buy 1-2 ships if they couldnt save on the whole.

Yeah, that's my case, i can buy some, but it's impossible for me to get that much money upfront for the entire legendary pack, so this suits my style :smiley:
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

I agree, I think Cryptic is exploring other methods of revenue outside of Lock Boxes and it seems to be paying off for them.

I was giving this promo some strong consideration.. at 4500 Zen on sale it's basically a really good T6 Ship (3k Zen Value) with all the lobi stuff for 1500 Zen. That's not a bad deal.

The problem is, I have reconsidered because of it's bugged state on launch. I am just so fed up with bugged stuff being pushed to live with no testing that I am finding it hard to financially support this developer. I will likely not buy the bundle, it's a good deal, but until things change with Cryptic I have opted to show my displeasure though a lack of spending. They almost had me on this one.. but of course it was once again just rushed to the server a day early even.. without any type of testing or quality control at all and I cannot support that.

I will consider it if the issue is fixed before the sale expires, but I won't buy something I know is bugged. If the fix takes longer then the sale lasts then I am perfectly content to pass on it.

The bugged state annoys me too. It was claimed it is fixed internally, so if they fix it today with a hotfix/patch I'll give them a pass on this because this is the day it was supposed to be released. Maybe if they had not released it early they would have caught it and we'd be none the wiser.

Of course, I still bought it anyway, because I trust Cryptic is going to fix it some day, but the pack overall is such a good value for me. I have none of the other stuff in the pack while having a few MU characters, and the correct version of the ship will be one of the toughest, most flexible battle cruisers around due to layout and the sets.

Its also my second favorite FED ship after the Excelsior. That third nacelle just makes the Galaxy look so much better.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Likely won't get a fix now until tuesday-thursday next week.

Pretty poor once again by Cryptic only good thing is the ship is playable
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Likely won't get a fix now until tuesday-thursday next week.

Idk, this will undoubtedly drive support tickets up, possibly result in refund demands, and it will hurt sales since people who know about the issue will be less inclined to buy the ship. Because of all that I think there's at least some chance a patch could go out tomorrow for it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    If I was in their shoes, since according to QA they had solved the problem internally, I would had postponed the sale for a week cause indeed it may hurt sales like that. And I am not sure if its perm pack or works like the big legendary pack that comes back at times
  • lordvulpiuslordvulpius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well, it looks like they did not patched/hotfixed it yet. So maybe tomorrow. If not, Tuesday or Thursday. But at Tuesday, the sale for it will be ended and you only could buy it for the full price (6K Zen)...

Also, they wanted to talk about the ship in TenFW, but it was canceled couse "guests", but I think the bug is one of the reason too.
    I think everyone wants to trust Cryptic but based off of their own past behavior doing so isn't always prudent. I disagree as well with knowing it is "bugged", Cryptic acknowledging it, & still buying it with my fingers crossed that THIS TIME they'll remedy the known problem. Isn't there some phrase like: "measure twice cut once blah blah blah".

I watched those couple of "this is how Cryptic handles "bugs" in STO streams" & that didn't encourage me though I appreciated the insight. Their listings of priorities means some if not most "smaller bugs" will not be fixed &/or they just don't apply or have the resources.

If it gets fixed before the end of the current sale then I'll consider it since at that price & for what it offers it is a decent/good value <- subjective of course. Perhaps Cryptic should extend the sale a few days AFTER it is fixed. Otherwise a potential lost sale.
    I think everyone wants to trust Cryptic but based off of their own past behavior doing so isn't always prudent. I disagree as well with knowing it is "bugged", Cryptic acknowledging it, & still buying it with my fingers crossed that THIS TIME they'll remedy the known problem. Isn't there some phrase like: "measure twice cut once blah blah blah".

I watched those couple of "this is how Cryptic handles "bugs" in STO streams" & that didn't encourage me though I appreciated the insight. Their listings of priorities means some if not most "smaller bugs" will not be fixed &/or they just don't apply or have the resources.

If it gets fixed before the end of the current sale then I'll consider it since at that price & for what it offers it is a decent/good value <- subjective of course. Perhaps Cryptic should extend the sale a few days AFTER it is fixed. Otherwise a potential lost sale.

What makes you think it wont be fixed?, they always fix this kind of bug, so, it doesnt matter if you buy now or later, you will end up with the ship you wanted anyway, it's like when you preorder a game, you know it will have some bugs. I agree this should not be the case, but the cat is out of the bag, they know of the bug and the fix is coming. Is annoyng, yes, but hardly an excuse to not buy it, this is not a physical item that you must exchange, they flip the code, and the same ship you have already commisioned in your char have the new specs..
    gaevsman wrote: »

What makes you think it wont be fixed?, they always fix this kind of bug, so, it doesnt matter if you buy now or later, you will end up with the ship you wanted anyway, it's like when you preorder a game, you know it will have some bugs. I agree this should not be the case, but the cat is out of the bag, they know of the bug and the fix is coming. Is annoyng, yes, but hardly an excuse to not buy it, this is not a physical item that you must exchange, they flip the code, and the same ship you have already commisioned in your char have the new specs..

I still remember Cryptic saying the Combat Tardigrade was going to be account-wide, players bought that pack as well & that never came to be true did it? Then most recently that cross-faction bundle suppose to include 5 Keys to then have to scratch & claw instead of just Cryptic taking initiative to make it easy & right for any that bought it during whatever time-window Cryptic decided. & I won't go down a lengthy list of known bugs that have been in-game for numerous months, but if you are saying Cryptic fixes all STO bugs whatever you mean by "this kind of bug" then it should be fixed quickly then with your "flip the code". If it was a physical item & known to be broken in the box, gaevsman, would you still recommend people buy that product? If your offended I don't care much but if so that is just weird & you're doing that here, so I'm applying the same cautious principle if I know it is already broke then no way I want to buy it.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I still remember Cryptic saying the Combat Tardigrade was going to be account-wide, players bought that pack as well & that never came to be true did it? Then most recently that cross-faction bundle suppose to include 5 Keys to then have to scratch & claw instead of just Cryptic taking initiative to make it easy & right for any that bought it during whatever time-window Cryptic decided. & I won't go down a lengthy list of known bugs that have been in-game for numerous months, but if you are saying Cryptic fixes all STO bugs whatever you mean by "this kind of bug" then it should be fixed quickly then with your "flip the code". If it was a physical item & known to be broken in the box, gaevsman, would you still recommend people buy that product? If your offended I don't care much but if so that is just weird & you're doing that here, so I'm applying the same cautious principle if I know it is already broke then no way I want to buy it.

The combat tardigrade is account unlock now I believe, but it did take them like a year to do that
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »

I for one, am not paying money for something I know doesn't work. It's not too much to ask that they have a working product before expecting people to pay for it. If you have a trust with Cryptic, then that's great for you, but no one gets to tell others how to spend their own money. There is plenty of reason for people not to trust the integrity of this developer and it's more then fair for someone to want the bug to be fixed before they spend on it.

I am not spending money on something that's broken, and if the fix takes longer then the sale lasts then I won't buy it at all. Frankly, it's unprofessional to keep selling an item that isn't working as advertised and even for a small amount of money I will not support that behavior. If they want the money, release a working product.

That should never be too much for a consumer to ask.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I still remember Cryptic saying the Combat Tardigrade was going to be account-wide, players bought that pack as well & that never came to be true did it? Then most recently that cross-faction bundle suppose to include 5 Keys to then have to scratch & claw instead of just Cryptic taking initiative to make it easy & right for any that bought it during whatever time-window Cryptic decided. & I won't go down a lengthy list of known bugs that have been in-game for numerous months, but if you are saying Cryptic fixes all STO bugs whatever you mean by "this kind of bug" then it should be fixed quickly then with your "flip the code". If it was a physical item & known to be broken in the box, gaevsman, would you still recommend people buy that product? If your offended I don't care much but if so that is just weird & you're doing that here, so I'm applying the same cautious principle if I know it is already broke then no way I want to buy it.

The combat tardigrade is account unlock now I believe, but it did take them like a year to do that

Oh that is good to hear about the combat tardigrade, even if it took Cryptic a year, I'll have to check-up on that, last I had heard about it was when Cryptic changed, a good change, the once purchased certain items & after a certain time, which wasn't disclosed initially, then it would be made account-wide.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Mirror Odyssey Uniform sleeveless top does not work on Klingons females. sorry cant get it to work right here are the links to the pics i toke. they show the bug in all its glory.
    https://www.deviantart.com/darthyodasith/art/Screenshot-2020-10-22-18-20-24-858913233
    https://www.deviantart.com/darthyodasith/art/Screenshot-2020-10-22-18-19-49-858913282
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11480313

seems we got maint tomorrow and they fix that ship
This discussion has been closed.