test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Mirror Bundle

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I don’t understand. During the TNG era, weren’t terrans in bad shape so technically without any uniforms?
    Yes. Sometime not too long after TOS the Terran Empire was conquered by the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, and turned into slaves.

There was no Terran Empire, only a Terran Rebellion which got kicked started in DS9.

Earth was still fighting and independent according to the graphic novels. They built the galaxy class and mirror picard stole it.
    StarTrek_TNG_MB_01-pr-3.jpg

Correct. It hasn't quite fallen completely, only severely weakened. DS9 was cut off from the Empire and the Imperial fleet was crippled and they lost most of their ships. The Terrans had to retreat within their own borders and they are cornered in. The Alliance couldn't penetrate the defences around Earth's solar system and the Terrans are basically surrounded and it's only goal is patrolling and protecting what is left of the Empire. In response Imperial Starfleet starts developing a new type of warship:

a35b78a7d75792501ec6db9189cb1e52.png

I wouldn't mind a Terran Emperor outfit. We have the sword, we just need the costume!

I noticed that all the Terran emperors/empresses have that Ming inspired look. I think they didn't give us that uniform because it wouldn't make much sense having hundreds of self proclaimed emperors.

8ftKKuK.jpg

Then again... it's space barbie. I'd love to see it and that Terran Lord variant. Along with functional daggers. I wish Cryptic would ease off with the countless Darth Maul sabers and instead give us a d'k tahg and Terran dagger as a mission rewards.​​

Considering there is a Grand Nagus replica costume. I don't see what having a Terran Emperor costume would be. After all, the game is pretty much all Fleet Admiral's running around. :P
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    They can make up ships any time they want. Look at that list you posted.

Obviously the Sutherland/Alita/Reliant are based on a canon design, but none of their Rom/KDF sister ships are.
    And again, they did so for the pack. They already have a pack of that type, so they aren't going to do it again, since they did it already. Which is why we have yet to see the same cross faction pack type repeated twice.

If there is a totally new kind of ship to make a pack on, like how there was no T6 carrier pack until recently, they will make up faction equivalents for it. But you shouldn't expect to see a faction equivalent pack if, say, Discovery S3 introduces a new kind of Federation carrier ship, and there is no Klingon/Romulan equivalent presented.

They already have the cross faction carrier pack from just recently, so they'll just release the Fed carrier individually like they have done with the various one off intel, command, etc., ships that have come out since those packs were made.

Now, if there is a Romulan carrier presented alongside the Fed one in DSC S3, we will see it paired up and released as a two pack, without a Klingon equivalent. Just like what we saw with the DSC S1 FED/KDF ships being paired up with no Romulan equivalent, since one didn't exist in Discovery S1.

So why not just invent KDF, Rom, and Dom variants of the T6 Luna and release as a 4-pack or individually like they did with the Sutherland?
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Ah yes... forgot that. Everyone is a Fleet Admiral. Now all we need is a Inquiry class for everyone so they can get their chance to re-enact the Starfleet attack pattern Crtl & V.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    mattachine wrote: »
    They missed the best opportunity ever to introduce mirror versions of all the TNG uniforms from the first episode to the last movie.

I suppose they could have did the TNG mirror uniforms from IDW comics since they have already bundled the exact model of the dreadnaught.
    tumblr_pkeir7u6oM1t926qz_1280.png
    mirroruniform1.jpg
    358f9e7be09177c17d0d17ff73584307.jpg

Although the mirror odyssey uniforms come pretty close to them. Only missing the badge and a updated sash that is longer.

The guy in the upper left corner of mirror Picard looks like Daniels.

Looks more like Reginald Barclay to me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    calm down, when roms say"we don't have a ships", they say "relax, you get allied ships" , and next we got bundle with 2 ships (fed and kdf). when kdf say "we need content", they say "relax, you will get Klingon Year" and release three more fed ships. pls, feds don't ask anything more, or you get it :D
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    senryo wrote: »
    Are we not going to talk about how Porthos is a Beagle and not a Rottweiler? I feel like there's a problem here.

PRIME Porthos was a Beagle. In the Mirror Universe Commander Archer had a Rottweiler named Porthos.
    So...year of the Klinks ay? Where is the Klink legendary bundle? 👀 /Searches interwebz...but cannot find it/

Probably going to cap off the Year of Klingon. They're building up to the big reveal at the end of this expansion over time. And what better way to end the Year of Klingon... then with the Legendary Bundle?

that's my guess. you don't blow up the Death Star with 30 minutes left in the movie.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    garaffe wrote: »
    They can make up ships any time they want. Look at that list you posted.

Obviously the Sutherland/Alita/Reliant are based on a canon design, but none of their Rom/KDF sister ships are.
    And again, they did so for the pack. They already have a pack of that type, so they aren't going to do it again, since they did it already. Which is why we have yet to see the same cross faction pack type repeated twice.

If there is a totally new kind of ship to make a pack on, like how there was no T6 carrier pack until recently, they will make up faction equivalents for it. But you shouldn't expect to see a faction equivalent pack if, say, Discovery S3 introduces a new kind of Federation carrier ship, and there is no Klingon/Romulan equivalent presented.

They already have the cross faction carrier pack from just recently, so they'll just release the Fed carrier individually like they have done with the various one off intel, command, etc., ships that have come out since those packs were made.

Now, if there is a Romulan carrier presented alongside the Fed one in DSC S3, we will see it paired up and released as a two pack, without a Klingon equivalent. Just like what we saw with the DSC S1 FED/KDF ships being paired up with no Romulan equivalent, since one didn't exist in Discovery S1.

So why not just invent KDF, Rom, and Dom variants of the T6 Luna and release as a 4-pack or individually like they did with the Sutherland?

cos not so many players play for KDF, Rom, and Dom, most of them are Fed. and greedy company don't want invest more money in them. balance. who need this? :D
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    balance. who need this? :D

Let me bring balance to this game!
    tenor.gif?itemid=12502580

Half of Fed Ships are gone.....

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    A lot of account-unlocked stuff. Good.

No legendary MU-Nova. Bad. No legendary MU-Negh'Var. Bad.

Bad wins with 2:1
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Because the KDF/ROM/DOM don't have canonal equivalents, and they already made and released equivalents previously.

They have never released any equivalent to the Luna. It was one of the original T5s, a science ship, which the KDF didn't start with. They later got the Varanus, except that is a direct equivalent to the DSSV, the other T5 science ship.

And we already established "canonical equivalents" means nothing. They will make them up if they want to.
    I am going to guess a Mirror Odyssey is up next. These skins used to be in the Terran Invasion thing that I can't remember the name of. Sometimes you would get a Galaxy X at the end, sometimes you would get an Odyssey. Copy and paste is easy! :P
    volticua wrote: »
    balance. who need this? :D

Let me bring balance to this game!
    tenor.gif?itemid=12502580

Half of Fed Ships are gone.....

Cryptic did this early :D
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257959/directx-support
    half of players are gone :D
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I counted how many T6 ships are in the game right now, and that is 338. Out of those 338 ships, 156(46.1%) of them are direct factional equivalents(so 52 ships each). Be they Zen store, lockbox, lobi, Mudds, or whatever, 156 of them have direct factional equivalents between the FEDs/KDF/ROMs. Another 6(1.7%) are DOM faction equivalents for the lifetime, carrier, and, temporal, bundles. Another 87(25.7%) are totally faction neutral ships that everyone has access too.

So for Roms, 73.6% of all T6 ships are either faction equivalents, or shared cross factions. Klingons have it better since they have gotten 18 ships paired with Fed ships that Roms didn't, meaning 84.3% of all T6 ships are either faction equivalents, or shared cross factions.

And Feds get 100%
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    but there are PLENTY of ship play styles that the Rom and Dom do not have access to..
    You could argue this for Doms, but what exactly do Roms lack again?

So where is the Romulan Republic MW Sci Ship?

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Still not sure if I'm going to buy it, but if I didn't have any of the items included in this bundle & at this -25% off 4500 zen price if Cryptic actually fixes the ship to where the official blog post said it would be that's a pretty good price for all that's included, again, IF Cryptic fixes the minor already broke parts of the ship just released (too much copy & pasting without double-checking) & IF one didn't already own some of the more minor items. Otherwise it's a broke not even out of the box ship with lots of cosmetic stuff.
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    ...IF Cryptic fixes the minor already broke parts of the ship just released (too much copy & pasting without double-checking)...

Referring to the fact that both the news page on the ship's stats, and the in-game store description say it has a LtCmdr. UNI/Cmd seat, but it's actually a LtCmdr. ENG/Cmd seat on the actual ship?
    edited October 2020
    sci321 wrote: »
    ...IF Cryptic fixes the minor already broke parts of the ship just released (too much copy & pasting without double-checking)...

Referring to the fact that both the news page on the ship's stats, and the in-game store description say it has a LtCmdr. UNI/Cmd seat, but it's actually a LtCmdr. ENG/Cmd seat on the actual ship?

I can't even find the ship. I bought the bundle, claimed it on my Ferengi, but no ship box. I figured it might have tried to commission it, but my ship slots were all full, so I dry docked one and tried again. I can't find where this ship is. I checked the ship vendor as well. I didn't see it there either.

Edit: It was hiding in the Ship Tab of the C-Store to claim.
    Post edited by jcsww on
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    People on reddit complaining on layout and lack of intel abilities too
    Interesting issues. I'd imagine they accidentally put out an earlier iteration of the ship as opposed to what was planned and advertised. I can't recall them ever getting a ship this wrong, if what is being reported here is true, but they really need to address this fast.
    edited October 2020
    I guess its another copy-paste problem, I still remember the 5 keys support carrier bundle pack for example. My guess is they copied and pasted another ship and edited the blog to reflect the new ships stats etc but forgot to change everything and didnt errorproof them.

Edit: Apparently it is a bug as QA guy says:

Placeholderqa
    Cryptic Studios QA

1 hour ago
    This is indeed a bug and not by design. Can't give you an exact date for it to be fixed but it's already fixed internally which is a good sign for it going out fairly soon.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I guess its another copy-paste problem, I still remember the 5 keys support carrier bundle pack for example. My guess is they copied and pasted another ship and edited the blog to reflect the new ships stats etc but forgot to change everything and didnt errorproof them.

You'd think their marketing dept. could afford one person who actually proofreads public facing copy BEFORE they post it. Once in a while, maybe, but this type of "Oh, it's because we copy/pasted and didn't really look it over..." situation seems to be with 99.99% of what they release.

IE - It's rare when they POST something with the actual/correct info on the first go <--- And that's just sad.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

I don't know what they could have copy/pasted though. What else has seating like they advertised? And its supposedly the same advertised seating in game as in the article.

That's why I surmise they released an earlier version. The existing Gal X has a LTC eng/command. It makes sense to start with a copy of that ship. So if they started working on it, saved it somewhere, and then continued later, but accidentally sent in the earlier "draft" to go live then it makes sense we get the ship people are complaining about.
    Their QA claimed its a bug. It looks weird for a bug to have different layout and lack of intel powers but that is what placeholderQA said
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Their QA claimed its a bug. It looks weird for a bug to have different layout and lack of intel powers but that is what placeholderQA said

From what I can tell it appears that the boff layout is just a copy of the original T6 Galaxy X. Considering the in game description for it in the Zen Store still labels all the stuff that's missing, its clear a mistake was made. I would definitely say its not a bug, but actually an oversight as they likely didn't double check it before release
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
This discussion has been closed.