Phoenix prize pack and kobali cores

katweazlekatweazle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Will we ever see these core in the prize pack like the recent bajor core
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It's there, but it's tied to the Samsar cruiser in the epic prize token
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have been trying to get a Samsar for quite a while for the Kobali character I made before I found out how rotten the odds of getting an epic token were.
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I have been trying to get a Samsar for quite a while for the Kobali character I made before I found out how rotten the odds of getting an epic token were.

You can get an epic phoenix token, by purchasing the STO Starterpack from Epic games. It also contains a T6 Zen token and some other usefull stuff for a reduced price of €24.79. This discount lasts until 31.12.2020.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/star-trek-online/epic-starter-pack-bundle

A fair price for two t6 ship, especially if you are looking for a certain Phoenix Box Ship.
    Post edited by ulysses359#8595 on
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

Same and I wanted to complete the space set too but I heard that you dont get it because of exclusivity to those who participated in the event that introduced the ship to the game, not sure if true or not. I did get one Epic out of a couple thousand total boxes so far but also never got a UR. The Epic was used to get the vorgon carrier which was the other ship I had eyes on at the epic tier
    edited October 2020
    I actually got an epic token once since the phoenix thing started (and being an altaholic I go through a lot of boxes upgrading things) though it was on the wrong account to get the Samsar for the Kobali.

I have two accounts, my old one from 2016 before I left the game for a few years and the Steam one I created when my Steam group went to STO (they soon left again but I stayed) as the group game and found my original account impossible to log into (it took a while with customer service to fix) and I needed something in the meantime. Since the Kobali was on the wrong account for that token I used it to get a Lukari Ho'kuun which I skinned with a N'Kaam "flying saucer" which was a combination I also had my eye on.

@ulysses359, thank you for the tip, I will look into the Epic-launcher starter pack. I might be able to get it before the sale ends if something does not come up in RL that needs the money instead.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am going to ask this.. not being snarky, I am honestly curious..

Why would anyone go after these cores or the Samsar?

And before anyone yells at me for thinking 'everything has to be the best,' just shut it in advance.. that's not what this is.

I am genuinely curious because I have seen quite a few posts over the years of people trying to get this core and it surprised me because outside of it's exclusivity, there is absolutely nothing special about it at all. It's one of the worst cores in the game and part of an extraordinarily lackluster set. The ship is admittedly kind of cool looking but also on the poor side of average.

Coupled with the fact that requiring an Epic Token makes it one of the more expensive items in the game, I am just honestly curious why anyone wants it so bad. What am I missing here?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User

And before anyone yells at me for thinking 'everything has to be the best,' just shut it in advance.. that's not what this is.

I am genuinely curious because I have seen quite a few posts over the years of people trying to get this core and it surprised me because outside of it's exclusivity, there is absolutely nothing special about it at all. It's one of the worst cores in the game and part of an extraordinarily lackluster set. The ship is admittedly kind of cool looking but also on the poor side of average.

Coupled with the fact that requiring an Epic Token makes it one of the more expensive items in the game, I am just honestly curious why anyone wants it so bad. What am I missing here?

Seems to me it is pretty simple, because they can. Different strokes for different folks.

Cirran
  • nathairxnathairx Member Posts: 8 Arc User

If you want to play a "Kobali" alien, it's a nice RP ship to fly around in.

Now if they'd only fix the female Kobali armor so you can actually equip the leg armor it'd be nice.
    cirran1 wrote: »

Seems to me it is pretty simple, because they can. Different strokes for different folks.

Cirran

Thanks, that was useless and provided absolutely nothing.
    nathairx wrote: »

If you want to play a "Kobali" alien, it's a nice RP ship to fly around in.

Now if they'd only fix the female Kobali armor so you can actually equip the leg armor it'd be nice.

I see, I wasn't aware that people played Kobali characters.. I don't recall ever seeing one. That is at least a fair explanation, thank you.
    edited October 2020

In my case it is space Barbie, one of my captains is Kobali and I would like a Kobali ship for her. I have used worse ships without much problem and even if there is something the Samsar cannot get though it is easy enough to switch to another ship temporarily.

Also, I am curious about the mechanics of the set as a do-something-different thing and I am not concerned about it not being best in slot, I have done a lot of things with ordinary crafted ship systems for instance and the Kobali set is bound to be at least as good and probably better so it should work out ok. A lot of the fun is tinkering with stuff like that to get the most out of it.
    edited October 2020

In my case it is space Barbie, one of my captains is Kobali and I would like a Kobali ship for her. I have used worse ships without much problem and even if there is something the Samsar cannot get though it is easy enough to switch to another ship temporarily.

I honestly never even considered that people were playing Kobali characters.. but yeah, that makes sense.

As for the Samsar, it's lack luster compared to other offerings, but I highly doubt you would have any issue getting through Advanced content with it. It's biggest failing is that it can only support up to Lt. level Tactical.. if you used a few tricks to boost accuracy then you could get by fine with FAW II or you could just use a Beam Overload build. It's not the best.. but any T6 can handle the content just fine.

Thanks for the reply. :smile:
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

It just used to be best set for tanking - since discovery space set got released that has been stomped but many still like the kobali ship.
This discussion has been closed.