test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/21/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/21 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Nice fixes. I wonder if there's anything coming Thursday besides the Legendary Dreadnaught (I hope the Klingon equivalent, the Assaultcruiser, is going to be released for the KDF if/when they finally get their Legendary Bundle).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I admit I'm surprised that we're getting a patch on Wednesday.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic! Also, surprised the patch was done on a Wednesday and not Thursday.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was causing incompatibility issues with DirectX 10.

I'm sure those affected will be relieved.

Resolved an issue that caused the Advanced Phasers and Disruptors to not gain additional bonuses for having more than one equipped at a time. The maximum bonus is once again reached with 6 equipped. Resolved an issue that prevented the Risian Kit Frame from gaining a bonus for more than one Summer kit module equipped. The maximum bonus is once again reached with 3 equipped.

Yahoo & well done, Cryptic, sooner than I expected.

The other fixes are welcomed & appreciated too.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors.

Those were expensive. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tek#2957 tek Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Can we please get the X-Upgrade tokens added back to the Phoenix store, the free daily Phoenix pack added back, and the event extended for all of us who could not play during this DirectX bug? It would be a great thing for the player community and for those who missed it due to the bug.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Various costume issues resolved on Reman Males:
    My Reman females still go around with invisible limbs on endless costumes, and that was reported in detail years ago on the bug forums and in-game bug reporting.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • eloyflorack1eloyflorack1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    16:00 PM - 19:30 PM why don't you do the update around 10 UTC or 11UTC
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User

Firstly it is 14:00 - 16.30 UTC or 3 pm - 5.30 pm as it has always been. Secondly, they can't do it at a time that pleases everyone. So just let it go
    edited October 2020

Please read the FCT 2.0 thread in General Discussion for an explanation why they do maintenance at certain times.
  • otroud33otroud33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ever since update i cant even log in i keep crashing before i get to charecter selection
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    otroud33 wrote: »
    ever since update i cant even log in i keep crashing before i get to charecter selection

Do a force verify then try. Maybe in safe mode first
    edited October 2020
    otroud33 wrote: »

Before you do a force verify as suggested below. Turn off On Demand Patching in the Options section of the Star Trek Online Launcher, turn on Force Verify, click Save, let it patch, and see if that helps with your problem.
  • lordvulpiuslordvulpius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It seems, the new Legendary Galaxy is bugged. It has different seating as adversied in the webpage and in the Store.
    In the Stopre (and on the page), it says, it has an LtC Universal/Command seatling, and in the game, it has a LtC Engineer/Command seating.
    Not good, can we have a fast fix for it, please?
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    YAY !
    So will the events be extended 2 weeks or you gonna credit the players with the directX issue with 2 weeks of progress ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Various costume issues resolved on Reman Males:
    My Reman females still go around with invisible limbs on endless costumes, and that was reported in detail years ago on the bug forums and in-game bug reporting.

I didn't even know there were costume issues for Reman males, apart from no option to go shirtless on Risa.

If they are going to fix costime bugs for Reman males, why not fix the much more prominant disappearing limbs bug at the same time? As is, it just feels like a slap in the face that they aren't even acknowledging the Reman female bugs in these patch notes.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Sadly , the new fix didn't help .
    Running DirectX Version: DirectX 11 .
    gRWRuJd.png
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

gRWRuJd.png

Have you turned off On Demand Patching in the Options section of the launcher, turned on Force Verify, let it patch, and see if it works then?
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

gRWRuJd.png

Have you turned off On Demand Patching in the Options section of the launcher, turned on Force Verify, let it patch, and see if it works then?

All that and much more (including several game installs + install through Epic Games) , to the point where the Cryptic Support threw up their hands and ... essentially told me to cross my fingers:
    VOUVwcN.png

At this point I'm contemplating a fresh Windows 7 install, despite the hassle .

• alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Thank you fixing the DirectX issue, I am now able to log in via Steam.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I researched this issue and found that Epic games is the reason for these problems. Any game that collaborates with them ends up having this issue because its broken bloatware. Essentially they are a TRIBBLED middle man used for nickel and dime virtual item scams. I'm pretty sure that Cryptic and/or PWE would have just rolled this thing back but it probably violated whatever contract or agreement they had with them if they did so.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Sneak-Attack patch note:
    • Removed option to solo the new Synth Wave TFO

lol
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.