test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to the new forums

daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
I can't find the search forums option. Where is it now?
My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Top right, go down to product page and then it is right below that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Welcome to the forums. Just beware, this place has become a very hostile environment, due to a certain subsection of players. Try to avoid hate threads, and rage posting as much as possible because it will only ruin your enjoyment. other than that, there are some good people here. I hope you enjoy your experience.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I can't find the search forums option. Where is it now?

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forums. Just beware, this place has become a very hostile environment, due to a certain subsection of players. Try to avoid hate threads, and rage posting as much as possible because it will only ruin your enjoyment. other than that, there are some good people here. I hope you enjoy your experience.

The most hostile member recently has been you.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    It's only a hostile environment when new players (or the Cryptic Defense Force) jump in and try to tell veteran players not to complain about ANYTHING EVER because if they have something to complain about then they must either be wrong, or they must hate the game, and therefore should either simply shut up or go away.

Oh there's plenty of hate on the other side too. And most people treat everything as a binary choice. Either For or Against. No middle ground. And anyone who disagrees to any degree is obviously on the opposite side no matter the reasoning.
    Just because I don't jump on the Hate Train the second Cryptic takes a breath doesn't make me a blind defender. But BECAUSE I don't jump on the Hate Train I get labeled as one.

Its not one sided west. Its all around. And those of us in the middle tend to take heat no matter what we do.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Oh there's plenty of hate on the other side too. And most people treat everything as a binary choice. Either For or Against. No middle ground. And anyone who disagrees to any degree is obviously on the opposite side no matter the reasoning.
    > Just because I don't jump on the Hate Train the second Cryptic takes a breath doesn't make me a blind defender. But BECAUSE I don't jump on the Hate Train I get labeled as one.
    >
    > Its not one sided west. Its all around. And those of us in the middle tend to take heat no matter what we do.

Unfortunately that "your with me or against me" mentality isn't limited to the forum these days
    mez83 wrote: »

Unfortunately that "your with me or against me" mentality isn't limited to the forum these days

Yup.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    To be labeled as "hostile" or "hateful" simply because I deigned to speak out about unannounced changes to the game? And then contradict players who claimed that that silence was justified? That's rich.

Agreed with every word you said.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I'm just tired of the rage that seems to come up no matter WHAT Cryptic does. Even when things are obviously bugged, accusations of deliberate acts come out. And anyone who doesn't INSTANTLY agree is declared an agent of the enemy and attacked as well. Hell... Som's getting accused of being a Cryptic Employee because he's not jumping on the Hate Train. He's taken on a more defensive stance, and giving his reasonings, only for them to get tossed in his face and attacked with insults for not agreeing with the Rage.

THAT is what I'm talking about. I'm not criticizing people with legit concerns, I'm criticizing the rage for the sake of rage whenever Cryptic so much as SNEEZES these days. EVERY LITTLE THING has to be ripped apart because of some reason or another.

Constructive Feedback is important for any game to grow. But when its drowned out by Rage Posts... that feedback gets lost in the firestorm. A lot of the rage and criticizm of Delta Rising was justified because of the sheer spike in, well... everything. But nowadays... the meer announcement of a ship that is OPTIONAL is enough to send people into a Delta Rising level Rage, with accusations of betrayal being thrown around.

I choose to let things play out to get more information on something, so I could potentially provide informed feedback. But I get targeted because I, and others who are more in the middle, don't join the Knee Jerk Battalion in raging against anything that happens the milisecond its announced. Its literally getting to the point where its safer to not even go ON the forums because its so polarized and everyone's going into the "You're either with me or against me" mentality.

Can you at least see where I'm coming from on this? Its frustrating when you're being forced into one camp or the other... when you aren't in either to begin with.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    PVP may be dead in the game but it certainly exists in the forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though. I just wish discussions could be more civil and productive at times.
    So do I.
    Openly saying I'm not going to attack on sight is different from saying I'm on one side or the other. I kinda lashed out at the attackers, not to blindly defend Cryptic like some believe, but because they're lashing out for no other reason than to lash out with little to no evidence to support their cause other than twisting past history into something it may not be, and twisting words to support their cause.

I'll be critical of Cryptic if the situation calls for it. I will not just blindly rage for the sake of rage. For example the ship releases this year. Everyone raging against it as if it is a blatant insult... I see no reason to rage against it. The recent Bugpocalypse we had with part 2 of YoK... I'm not raging and hurling insults, I can see different possiblities as to what happened instead just outright neglegence for the sake of greed.

Hell... I was actually quite vocal about a bug back in Season 7 when they switched things around and introduced the Rep System. For at least a year some characters were unable to access the Accolade unlock MACO cosmetics even if they had earned it. I was one of the people keeping that alive so that the Devs didn't forget about it.

While I may lean a bit towards defending, it is with reason. But I'm still more in the middle than anything. Its not black and white like you're implying. There's shades of gray in between. If I see a reason to be critical, I will be. But I will do so in a constructive manner. For example, Gon'cra. I'll let you know how I feel about how broken it is. But I'm not going to use it as a platform to hurl insults.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    This isnt picking a football team to support no matter what happens - everyone has their opinion, just saying it and leaving it there. I am very vocal about some things too but lets be polite to each other and not point fingers. livinlifejb90 laid a trap and you all fell into it. He left a comment to entice you fight each other
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    everyone has their opinion, just saying it and leaving it there. I am very vocal about some things too but lets be polite to each other and not point fingers.
    I'm pretty much the same way. Hell... I'm still waiting for a T6 Kamarag. That was my baby back when T5 was a thing.
    livinlifejb90 laid a trap and you all fell into it. He left a comment to entice you fight each other
    220?cb=20180617193747
    Holy... buckets... we ran head first into it and didn't even see it coming.
    How many of us in this little skirmis in the Forum War are Star Trek fans. Nof fans o any particular series, but of Star Trek in general.

lol that's usually my line. Well played sir. Well played.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Not me. I only like DS9...and LD now as well. So I can continue to be an a-hole of the forum. :p

Wouldn't be the same if you weren't cold. ;)
    In fact the forums might just implode from shock if you weren't you. B)

We may have our differences... but at the end of the day... if we can joke about things... its a good day. And while we may butt heads, I hope that we can also work together when someone needs help. We may approach things differently in game, but perhaps our differing styles can give insight to different areas.
    *offers drink of choice*
    To future debates, and helping others. :)
This discussion has been closed.