test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

U.S.S. Cerritos and the Lower Decks Promotion ship suggestion

gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Sorry for a bad naming for the thread but a suggestion for season 2 of Lower Decks will come and content will flow soon. I was thinking Why the California class should not be a Lockbox ship, in fact the ship that SHOULD be in the lockbox is.. The Osler class, a clear Intel stealth ship that strikes fear at its core, the design is very 'Klingon' like for a federation ship, coming with a prefix NX means their is NOT a lot of this ship. They could call it Division 14 Intel Destroyer. This ship is for the PvP made design to the core, would suggest 5/3 layout since it seems very much a strong presence

Now to why the California class should be a ZEN ship, their has been 3 versions of the California class shown, it is a very common ship in the 2380's and it has been shown in a very dysfunctional disarray. The ship has not been shown to be strong but the crew has made up for it, a suggested Trait for T6 would be The Boimler Effect, when at a certain critical point the ship rapidly recharges all bridge officer abilities to eventually slow down (1.5x) after that critical point has passed. I have played with many friends and TFO's and most players want a scarier ship and the Cerritos is a fluffy marshmallow of comedy, in an example those who do fly some T6 like the T'pau do so for the mastery

so if the suggestion is reversed, the Osler becomes a ZEN ship, who would grind out for a fleet version and who would open keys for the Cerritos,

which would you prefer?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    The California, Parliament and Titan classes should all be zen ships.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Please no, this is the worst idea. They should all be zen ships.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Luna Class is most likely going to be C-Store, complete with a brand new T6 and a revamped Luna model.
    And PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy and even by Saint Roddenberry himself, rearrange the inside of ESD to showcase the new Luna when it comes out! I'm kinda tired of seeing the Hestia.

The California class will either be a good option for a 3 pack or actually have a unique pattern option that will allow us to replicate her markings but use any color we want. I can honestly see her fill a scout ship role in game. And she would probably be C-Store as you can't really cross faction her. In theory she COULD be a lockbox, but they'd have to pair her with an equivelent KDF ship, probably the fake Klingon cruiser that was in the holodeck simulation.

And before anyone brings it up, I don't count the Mirror Connie since she was released the same way as the Mirror Engle, direct to Infinity Box rather than have a dedicated lockbox like the ones we had in the past, IE Wells and Kelvin Connie.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    IMO the California class should be an event ship in the same league as the Kobayashi Maru. Scaling, but only up to T4. It's the starship equivalent of a jalopy, not a front line explorer or warship.

The T6 Luna should be C-store, since it was one of the original free max level ship options back before T6 was a thing. I assume that since it's been in STLD, the rights for using it are a lot easier to secure now (if that was a contributing factor to the lack of a T6 version so far).

The Parliament class should also be C-store. Making that beauty a lockbox or R&D promo ship would be a waste.

The Osler-type can be whatever. As long as there's an option to give it a brighter paint job and turn on more lights inside.
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Some has pointed out that I missed a few ships like that fake Klingon ship from Crisis Point movie, or the adapted Pakled ship, while those ships could be adapted the most likely would be that fake Klingon ship as an event ship, it could be flown as both, The Division 14 ship could be a Lockbox ship OR a R&D ship, Even the adapted Pakled ship could be a Christmas event ship

To put the California class as an event would be a massive waist in it has fans of the show, more than Discovery AND Picard did on DAY 1, they have many Discovery and a few Picard ships, this should be a ZEN ship because it is so easy to obtain

In Lower Decks their has been a total of 5 onscreen duplicates of this model with different names. To put it as a RARE event would make a common ship even more exotic to come by. While Cryptic might TRY to put it as a hero ship and limit the numbers made by R&D and Lockbox, I believe having massive fans will NOT be enough to actually warrant demand for the ship, it is weak, dyfunctional, very bleak looking, a joke as much as the crews are (even the crews of other California classes are shown to be dysfunctional) this is clearly the equivalent for a Ford Focus of Star Trek- a reliable cheap mass produced automobile to fill out the holes in domestic car sales
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    IMO the California class should be an event ship in the same league as the Kobayashi Maru. Scaling, but only up to T4. It's the starship equivalent of a jalopy, not a front line explorer or warship.

The T6 Luna should be C-store, since it was one of the original free max level ship options back before T6 was a thing. I assume that since it's been in STLD, the rights for using it are a lot easier to secure now (if that was a contributing factor to the lack of a T6 version so far).

The Parliament class should also be C-store. Making that beauty a lockbox or R&D promo ship would be a waste.

The Osler-type can be whatever. As long as there's an option to give it a brighter paint job and turn on more lights inside.

IF we can have t6 daedalus, tvaro, tliss and so on...we can have t6 Californias as well.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Yeah the California may not be a frontline ship but the class is a military vessel (by Starfleet standards at least), where as KB is at best a freigther with self-defense weapons, aka the California-class is meant to deal with threats to the Federation if nothing else is avaible the KB is not
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Please stop suggesting any ships be anything but T6. Ship tiers are obsolete since T6 scales from tutorial to endgame. It is over, gone, poof. Never again should anything be not T6.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I think even the freighters could be made to a T6 highly defensive engineering ship with like 5 eng console slots 3 sci and 3 tac and make a new trait pack that is similar to eng cruisers but even more defensive having boosts to shields, hull, resistances and/or power. Since they made a start releasing juggernaut and frigate new trait packs, why stop there? All they need is creativity

Also freightets could have had an extra device slot naturally
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Luna Class is most likely going to be C-Store, complete with a brand new T6 and a revamped Luna model.
    And PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy and even by Saint Roddenberry himself, rearrange the inside of ESD to showcase the new Luna when it comes out! I'm kinda tired of seeing the Hestia.

The California class will either be a good option for a 3 pack or actually have a unique pattern option that will allow us to replicate her markings but use any color we want. I can honestly see her fill a scout ship role in game. And she would probably be C-Store as you can't really cross faction her. In theory she COULD be a lockbox, but they'd have to pair her with an equivelent KDF ship, probably the fake Klingon cruiser that was in the holodeck simulation.

And before anyone brings it up, I don't count the Mirror Connie since she was released the same way as the Mirror Engle, direct to Infinity Box rather than have a dedicated lockbox like the ones we had in the past, IE Wells and Kelvin Connie.

Tacofangs used to do that, i don't think is a thing anymore... @tacofangs , i hope you are there, please???? :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    It hasn't been a thing for years. But I really would like to see that come back in some form. Luna class can fit inside ESD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Shame is that out of the unconfirmed explosion Boimler is going cause to get transferred back to the Cerritos is going to make that ship a very short life span, and they won't allow the use of 'Titan' name on the grounds that it still exists in 2409- for now (until CBS does more retconnings like Hugh dying)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'd say that the California-Class starship(s) should be like the Kobayashi Maru/Prototype Light Cruiser, but come in three types (based on division specialty). That would be more in line with the power levels of the ship in Star Trek: Lower Decks.

A T6 version should be able to switch modes, Engineering/Science/Tactical (similar to the Dyson Science Destroyers). Among the stations, there could be three Ensign Stations that are enhanced depending on which mode the ship is set to (i.e. Ship is set to Tactical mode, which boosts the effectiveness of the Tactical Ensign Station). The enhancement is from the quick thinking/sheer luck/chutzpah of the Lower Deck officer at the station.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I'd say that the California-Class starship(s) should be like the Kobayashi Maru/Prototype Light Cruiser, but come in three types (based on division specialty). That would be more in line with the power levels of the ship in Star Trek: Lower Decks.

A T6 version should be able to switch modes, Engineering/Science/Tactical (similar to the Dyson Science Destroyers). Among the stations, there could be three Ensign Stations that are enhanced depending on which mode the ship is set to (i.e. Ship is set to Tactical mode, which boosts the effectiveness of the Tactical Ensign Station). The enhancement is from the quick thinking/sheer luck/chutzpah of the Lower Deck officer at the station.

McMann said the engine pods gonna have some neat gimmick.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Years ago for the most part they applied game internal logic to ship releases. Be it on their own pride in the game or a CBS mandate. They stopped doing that a while ago; the recent "fastest bestest" Avenger reskin in the promo gambling box was the most obvious death knell to that. So be glad for any logic that might still applied but expect all future ships, regardless how common or crappy they will be shown in the shows, to be game of chance ships or otherwise priced as if each of them would be a collectors premium edition of a brand new AAA game.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Please no, this is the worst idea.

there, fixt it for ya

WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
This discussion has been closed.