test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to House Shattered

Comments

• bmedbmed Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    spent 40k dilithium on phoenix tech upgrades and it took my dilithium but i have no tech upgrades.. and today i logged in then it dc'd and not just endless connecting to server.. and nary a peep about whats up
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Credit where it's due:
    Whoever is/are making the improved custscenes in every update since ViL, give them a raise because they keep doing an awesome job, especially in the last cutscene of the House Always Wins. This time, Torg uses a more convincing method to try and kill Worf and the Son of Mogh does show the proper anguished expressions
    as Alexander is dying in his arms. Those fast lip twitchings as he's this close to tears... heartbreaking.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So Partisans isn't as stupid as far as the storyline goes compared to the utter garbage that came before. But the game design...oh dear god. What the hell? This has to be one of the WORST mission to play through. Endless waves of enemies. Have a transport in scene where you can't move so you get nuked before you can do anything. We let a BBEG monologue when shot to the face that is wide open would have ended things. Invincible BBEG. Meaningless NPC. Why is a certain Ferengi even still alive at this point?!? Oh so much fun. NOT.

On the TFO...this one LITERALY is the worst one you all have released to date. Entire map is a giant endless wave time gate. On top of that, the more ships you rescue, the more chances it will; bug and not leave the station and you need to eat a leaver's penalty and quit the map. Buggy map is one thing. So is an unfun map. But you all managed to have BOTH in this one. Seriously...this is just sad.

Gosh darn recurring characters!?

Why haven't every character that returns haven't died yet? Why haven't we died yet? :tongue:

• willkirk1988willkirk1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Great work Cryptic for more Bugs...
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    My thoughts on Madren: I suggest he is "protected" by a certain Starfleet Admiral. Remember at the end of The Ninth Rule when you ask Kebret about what happens to Madren, he just pats you on the head and says, "Run along now, I'll see to Madren"? There's something fishy about that whole scenario.
    Was this Wilkins person a character shoehorned in from discovery or something because they do nothing that the player doesn't normally do much faster in other missions?

My first thought in Wilkins is they took Trip Tucker and made him female.

• mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Cryptic still haven't realised that red blobs over a background with red lines really doesn't work well for that stupid regurgitated scanning minigame, hate to think how bad that'd be for colourblind players.

It's not much fun for us partial sighted players either.

As for myself I've had four kicks in an hour, one of my characters BO's who I retrained to a pilot and I can't switch him to a pilot

As for the actual mission and such itself,

TFO : Gets a rare thumbs up from me, despite it being a laser discoball where I just mash Fire at Will, I actually enjoy it. And those defence sat's hurt

Mission : Appallingly bad dialogue but I laughed my TRIBBLE off at the Chair revel and the hurt puppy dog look on her face at the end of it, weapon itself is about as close as we're going to get for a Jem'hadar poleaxe but overall meh

Phase Pistol : Bought for my Enterprise era character and it is worth the lobi, a Pistol that has a built in Suppressive Fire ? Noice !

MACO Carbine : I'll stick with my Omega carbine

Enterprise Ship Gear : Only have the cannons and the torpedo's but again a lot of fun for a enterprise character to use

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Y'all are missing the point. The new mission and TFO are so horrible because Cryptic is trying to leave players with no other choice than to buyout the event with real money.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Well, that's not going to work with me, i'll just stick to the episode until i'm done with it, the episode isn't much better then the TFO, but there's at least only one crappy "smashing all buttons and hoping for the best, while waiting for the lag festival to be over" fight at the very end of it.

Anyway, currently wondering if the patch of today improved anything for the TFO or the new episode at all...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Was this Wilkins person a character shoehorned in from discovery or something because they do nothing that the player doesn't normally do much faster in other missions?

I think it's supposed to be Mathew McConaughey, with that "Alright Alright Alright" quote
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Synth Wave was awful! Invisible Battleship refused to leave according to mission window? TFO dragged on forever. I won't be playing that one again.

At least Connor Trinneer could pull off a decent Florida accent. I don't know what Wilkins is supposed to be, but it sounds like a bad stereotypical Georgia accent. As it is now, Wilkins is grating, so much so I will be muting the audio whenever she appears.

The accent is all over the place. In a couple of spots she sounds like a bad Dolly Parton impersonator.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    My first thought was the fat bird from BL2, after that the dialogue was F'd away. My brain is more than happy to filter out voices that aren't pleasant to listen to and STO's writing is rarely worth the time to read. Even that didn't help reduce the feeling of how long is this going to be due to the incessant timegating.

Julie wasn't that good a character anyway and being a disco klink all that rubber has made it far too easy to squeeze them into the sela mould. If the baddie is a genocidal maniac hellbent of domination you can't flip a switch and make them an ally within the space of a mission, even if those missions are months apart and shoved in between endless events.
    Who the tribble is Wilkins anyway and why is she comfortable working with a klingon ?
    Who the tribble is Wilkins anyway and why is she comfortable working with a klingon ?
    Partisans got stuck on the final ground battle. It would not end. Had to drop the mission and do it again. The 2nd time Squamous climbed up on the Feringie's shield box and became untargetable to anything but pets. I finally made it through that one.
    edited October 2020
    Well, i gave the TFO another shot after all the patching, but it's still the very same lag festival for me - all i can do is set up my ship over the station and shoot at anything that comes too close and hope i hit something and don't get the afk penalty at the end.

And that's neither fun for me nor fair towards other players, so that means i've to go through the same bloody episode for over two weeks to get this event finished.

Anyway, skipping the cutscenes in the new episode seems to be working now, i just hope this won't break something else along the way, and i have to restart the episode at some point.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    A character from some lore blogs
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/O.S.S._Coldstar

Thanks, but this is as bad as having to read a comic before seeing a film so you get all the context

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    This is one of the better new missions, I liked Wilkins and it was also a lot of fun being on Nimbus again.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Just a thoguht, but why are we calling this new ingame event "The Widening Gyre" when the play area doesn't get wider!!!??? :wink:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited October 2020
    Tonight Parisans almost made it to the end without glitching. Of course the final space battle was interrupted by a disconnect. Haven't had one of those in awhile, internet was good and I'm a lifer so preferential access. Looking forward to getting through a few of Partisans without a problem.

I forgot to add the bit about loosing my BOs immediately after exiting the hallway after the beam in area. Seems they can't path through the small door. If you bother to fix this thing please add the big door to this area.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Well, i gave the TFO another shot after all the patching, but it's still the very same lag festival for me - all i can do is set up my ship over the station and shoot at anything that comes too close and hope i hit something and don't get the afk penalty at the end.

And that's neither fun for me nor fair towards other players, so that means i've to go through the same bloody episode for over two weeks to get this event finished.

Anyway, skipping the cutscenes in the new episode seems to be working now, i just hope this won't break something else along the way, and i have to restart the episode at some point.

You can run the event TFO solo from the "Private" tab. Just get the ship with cloak, cloak when mission starts and check in 15 minutes to pick up the reward.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I'm having to run the event with my audio muted because the music is so awful.

I;ve run STO muted for nearly 2 years, between the music and mostly god awful VA work, Martok however is always a win

gulremal wrote: »
    regenerde wrote: »

You can run the event TFO solo from the "Private" tab. Just get the ship with cloak, cloak when mission starts and check in 15 minutes to pick up the reward.

Well, running the TFO private actually worked for the event - i did fight a few Synth ships, just to make sure i wouldn't be marked afk at some point, and i had only a regular ship without cloak, but it looks like i got the full "reward" at the end, so thank you for the advice.
    Want to know why?
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User

I;ve run STO muted for nearly 2 years, between the music and mostly god awful VA work, Martok however is always a win
    Believe it or not Martok was only in 22 episodes, it seems like it should be more. Most of the music isn't bad, but the one for this event hurts my ears.
    edited October 2020
    They have finally fixed this TFO with the last patch. It's nice to be able to get through this mission now, Thanks.
    Still a problem with BO pathing immediately after exiting the hallway after the beam in area. Seems they can't path through the small door. My BOs seem to be pushed up against the wall around the tiny door. I have to individually path them one at a time, every time. This means pathing them back from the door into the center of the room facing the doorway while in the room I want them to follow me into, then pathing them straight through the doorway. Sometimes one or two will make it through, very very rarely all of them.
    I have to give it to them on VO work. That's what's been getting me through this grind. Martok is always a pleasure, the southern girl has grown on me and the Ferengi while initially irritating now makes me laugh every time, "Crush them Squamish! Crush theeeem!"