test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shard of Possibilities \ Quantum Shadows are now invisible

drogon123456drogon123456 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I noticed a few days ago that my Shard of Possibilities \ Quantum Shadows are now invisible.
I didn't have time until now 9/29 but I tried the following...
I tried to force verify the files but the issue is still happening
I have multiple characters in all three factions.
When I used the Shard of Possibilities with my Federation characters "I tried three different characters" the Quantum Shadows show up just fine.
However, when I tried to use the Shard of Possibilities with both my Orion and Romulan "both are with the Klingon faction" the Quantum Shadows are invisible but they are able to shoot at enemies.
I also gave the Shard of Possibilities to one of my bridge officers on my Klingon faction character. I noticed when she activated the device they were invisible too.
Everything else in-games seems to be fine. Meaning I haven't notice anything else invisible.
My graphic card driver is up to date. It's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
I made a ticket asking for help and received the following response...

Cyrelm
Today at 11:00
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Shard of Possibilities. Based on the information you provided it looks like this issue is the result of a bug. I will forward these details to our development team so they can investigate further. It will also be helpful for you to submit a bug report on
the official bug report forum to supplement the information I have already provided them.

Comments

• drogon123456drogon123456 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I checked on 10/20/20 and this bug is still not fixed. But the same can be said about so many older bugs. Shame on you STO
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I checked on 10/20/20 and this bug is still not fixed. But the same can be said about so many older bugs. Shame on you STO

As there has been no maintenance obviously it wasn't fixed. Hopefully it will be in the notes for usual maintenance on Thursday. Or at the least listed as a known issue. You need to remember too that everyone is working from home, so restricted into what gets fixed. Bug fixing takes time. They need to locate the bug. Find out what caused it. Come up with a solution. Test that to see if it doesn't break anything else then roll it out in a patch.
    Post edited by eazzie on