test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Checkmate trait.

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
I know GW is boosted but what about subspace vortex and destabilizing resonance beam?
Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm not certain whether or not GW, if used to trigger checkmate, will actually benefit from it. That is something to keep in mind. To be safe you would want to use something like jam sensors or tractor beam first, followed by grav well to ensure the trait is active when you activate grav well.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    GW is specifically mentioned in the tool tip, along with jam sensors. odd thing, I went to the dyson battlezone and there was no increase in abilities.. and also, in that battlezone, the numbers were drastically lower than in earth orbit.. on the order of 50-60 points for EPG
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    GW is specifically mentioned in the tool tip, along with jam sensors. odd thing, I went to the dyson battlezone and there was no increase in abilities.. and also, in that battlezone, the numbers were drastically lower than in earth orbit.. on the order of 50-60 points for EPG

In the Dyson BZs you are brought down to level 50 which means scaling your stats down too.

But like I was saying, GW may trigger checkmate, but the problem is that when powers fire they usually use only the already active modifiers to calculate damage. They do not update if you activate various EPG or exotic damage buffs afterwards. Those have to be active before you use the GW.

Now that also means that if you activate GW with a bunch of buffs that only last 10s, it will keep those buffs for the 20/40s that the GW is active.