What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Iconians return?

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
I feel like they should :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    There was a lose end there though. We didnt see if that one Iconian survived or not the Hurq attack
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I don't see the Iconians getting involved again. They just want to be left alone.
    Well, we did kinda TRIBBLE off one of them near the end of the Gamma Quadrant storyline (and it just happened to be the same one whose hatred for the alliance remained undiminished), so it would make sense if that resulted in new hostilities. But I don't think it would be a large-scale conflict like before. The remaining Iconians no longer hold the grudge they once did with the alliance, and some even realized the extent of the misunderstanding/tragedy that led to the war in the first place.

I would, however, point out...I do not miss the EM-probe carpet bombing their ships do.

T'Ket is probably in no position to really pose a threat after the Hur'q rampage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    They wont, this game is clearly only pushing forward as being one big advertisement for NuTrek, so unless the writers throw Iconians somewhere into the shows we wont see them.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Probably not. But it would be nice to be able to visit the ones that don't hate us anymore and see how they are doing.
    gQytlm7.jpg
    You know, supposedly the Iconians withdrew to rebuild Iconia. It would be nice at some point in the future to be able to visit it, even as a social zone. That said I understand such social zones cant be a priority when they have to manage time during content releases
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they don't WANT our help to rebuild - in fact, l'miren specifically told us to TRIBBLE off and leave them alone for the next thousand or so years at the end of midnight - not in those exact words, obviously, but the meaning was clear​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Would be cool to get a storyline where we ally with the friendly Iconians against something, maybe a resurgent Borg Collective armed with assimilated Herald technology?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    this game is clearly only pushing forward as being one big advertisement for NuTrek

1. There is no such thing as "NuTrek." The current shows are part of Star Trek rather you like it or not.
    2. Cryptic cannot be faulted for going with the current shows and story lines. It's simply the only sensible thing to do and frankly, they're doing a great job story wise.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @lianthelia said:
    > this game is clearly only pushing forward as being one big advertisement for NuTrek

Perfect! Works great in both directions. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited October 2020
    We still do not know if T'Ket survived the encounter with the Hurq though. We see her ship sustaining heavy internal damage and afterwards we pretty much leave the scene. Personally I am pretty curious as to what happened, even if she didnt survive it would be nice if we had some lore blog or something over it. Also IF she didnt survive, and considering the Iconians are so few they value every single member too much, what would be the remaining iconians reaction towards the Ferengi? Would they attack Ferenginar for revenge and Federation would have to choose whether to help them or not? I mean maybe the remaining Iconians would blame it on T'ket if she had attacked - but in that case the Ferengi squad infiltrated the ships, so technically the Ferengis started the attack and not T'ket which could be grounds for a retaliation.
    we do know - she was still alive when the temporal accords were signed​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    someone mentions t'ket is still stirring up trouble as of the signing date - i don't know who​​

#LegalizeAwoo

I dont remember any mention of her on temporal arcs, could it be you remember some mention of her during butterfly. There is also mention of T'ket on Quarks Lucky Seven on DS9 computers before we actually go to her ship.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    T'Ket will probably be the only one returning since the majority of Iconians went with L'Miren to rebuild their society.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    someone mentions t'ket is still stirring up trouble as of the signing date - i don't know who​​
    Kagran does, but it happened WAY before Quark's Lucky Seven.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Iconians again. Like having L'Miren, tarsev and "Patel" showing up asking for our help due to some external problems the Whole can't solve, like for example, a certain megalomaniac Emperor wanting to do some crazy stunt on Iconia with a reality-shattering weapon bringing out insane Elachi to try and look cool and badass, to regain some clout.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Anyone remember YEARS ago before this main Iconian storyline there was that npc Iconion ship that was black & rib-cage looking? It is now a Quas towing the Leahval in that "Cutting the Cord" mission. It was before these current majestic looking Herald/Iconian ships but I wish Cryptic would bring that 1 ship back somehow since it looked menacing, albeit it would probably be a gambling method.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Anyone remember YEARS ago before this main Iconian storyline there was that npc Iconion ship that was black & rib-cage looking? It is now a Quas towing the Leahval in that "Cutting the Cord" mission. It was before these current majestic looking Herald/Iconian ships but I wish Cryptic would bring that 1 ship back somehow since it looked menacing, albeit it would probably be a gambling method.

"Look upon us and tremble..."
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    this game is clearly only pushing forward as being one big advertisement for NuTrek

1. There is no such thing as "NuTrek." The current shows are part of Star Trek rather you like it or not.
    2. Cryptic cannot be faulted for going with the current shows and story lines. It's simply the only sensible thing to do and frankly, they're doing a great job story wise.

Calling it how it is...we don't refer as JJTrek as just Trek so it's the same with Kurtzman Trek. After all it shares nothing in common with canon and a lot of stuff in common with JJTrek
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

That was the Obex
    U82ZEJh.jpg
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Obex#/media/File%3AObex_profile.png

Thanks reyan01, that is a nice screenshot of it too. I always thought it looked a bit goofy it towing that much larger Scimitar, but dang that Obex looks lethal & just mean.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Calling it how it is...we don't refer as JJTrek as just Trek so it's the same with Kurtzman Trek. After all it shares nothing in common with canon and a lot of stuff in common with JJTrek

Its all Star Trek. There is no separate franchise called JJTrek. That is just something that people who don't like it put on there to separate it from everything else, and at times use it as an insult.
    The official line on "JJTrek" is the Kelvin Timeline. And since it is well established that alternate realities exist in Star Trek... its Star Trek. Just set in an alternate reality.
    Its basically trying to say nothing new exists by giving it a lable to divorce it from everything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That is just something that people who don't like it put on there

Not entirely true, I continue to use terms like 'JJTrek' and 'JJPrise' but I also enjoyed the movies and hope they can eventually get a deal together to make a fourth. 'JJTrek' is just what I got used to calling that alternate universe, it took seven years and three movies for the people in charge to decide to finally give it an official name which was WAY too long imo, so I will stubbornly stick with 'JJTrek' and 'JJPrise' until the day I die.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    T'Ket is going to blow up our dilithium!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    well they could do a one-off episode where some backwater planet becomes powerful, and it turns out they have some Iconian gizmo. at the end, either we decide it's too powerful and take it to Icona, or L'mirien comes and "suggests" we give it back
    Spock.jpg

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Thinking of Iconians, where did that user go? Did he leave after Delta Rising. I know that this is not what this thread is about. Just wondering. As for T'Ket she is still around.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.