test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk Advanced Phaser Weapons

2»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The thread about this over on reddit has also been ignored despite people tagging Kael asking for clarification.

I am still trying to stick with 'it's a bug' but it's getting really tough when they just keep dodging the issue. If it was a bug, how hard would it be to just say 'it's a bug we're aware of it?'

I often let Cryptic's silence cause me to fear the worst, I am really trying not to do that here. I am still hoping this is just a bug.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Boy, adding that Salvage Tab really scr*wed up a boatload of unrelated items. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I am still trying to stick with 'it's a bug' but it's getting really tough when they just keep dodging the issue. If it was a bug, how hard would it be to just say 'it's a bug we're aware of it?'

I'm gonna be on the optimistic side a bit and say Kael may be trying to confirm if its a bug or not before saying something official. But with everything that's happened it probably got put on the back burner in order to deal with the more game breaking bugs that occured at the same time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    This on Twitter a short while ago ......

Borticus
    @BorticusCryptic
    ·
    55m
    The issues with Advanced Phasers/Disruptors and the Risa Kit Frame stacking bonuses are bugs, not intentional nerfs. They will be fixed.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Oh good.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Borticus
    @BorticusCryptic
    ·
    55m
    The issues with Advanced Phasers/Disruptors and the Risa Kit Frame stacking bonuses are bugs, not intentional nerfs. They will be fixed.

This is what I was waiting to hear! Thx for relaying it, ezzie.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    My memory is not that great now, but going back several years didn't we have occasional bug fix periods where they announced they were focussing on the backlog of bug fixes for a month?

I know we are at the mercy of the performance metrics now with the constant cycle of events big and small for the sake of 'bums on seats' numbers, but at this rate people will probably stop recommending new players try the game (if they are not already doing so) regardless of the positive spin in the press, simply because of longstanding bugs not being fixed or the rate at which new bugs are added.

For that matter a bug fix month could be a positive thing for the community right now, with event fatigue starting to be a real thing for some, especially if issues such as the Tzenkethi BZ could be resolved (which in itself would encourage more people to play it). I know full well that a development team covers many disciplines, and it is not as though artists et al can be assigned coding tasks, but to me at least it really does feel like we are at a point where even a brief focus on existing content from the programming teams would be the best thing for the game's long term health.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

Borticus
    @BorticusCryptic
    ·
    55m

This is what I was waiting to hear! Thx for relaying it, ezzie.

Your welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.