test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer outfit bug

Whenever I attempt to change my Bridge Officer outfits I receive the same error message "You cannot change the species of the character".This issue has been brought to attention of Arc Support & has been diagnosed as a bug.
Tagged:

Comments

• lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I can confirm this bug. I get the same error message whenever I try to change the Outfit on one of my Bridge Officers.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • mwesten9999mwesten9999 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    There is a workaround for this that seems to be working in limited testing. If the Boff you are trying to change uniforms on is not part of your away team, it will block the changing of uniforms. For those boffs that are on your away team, they can be changed. Weird but I just tested it on one of my toons now.

Edit: Still busted now, may have to check at different tailors.
    Post edited by mwesten9999 on
  • xeoonabraxas#2248 xeoonabraxas Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same issue here
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Whenever I attempt to change my Bridge Officer outfits I receive the same error message "You cannot change the species of the character".This issue has been brought to attention of Arc Support & has been diagnosed as a bug.

I have the same issue, with the same message, my older BOff can be change but not my newest

• gishka#4096 gishka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Getting the same "You cannot change the species of the character" message with multiple BOFFs when purchasing modifications at the tailor.

For me the workaround is:

- Add the BOFF to your away team in the Stations menu.
    - Log out using "change character" so you see the BOFF on the character select screen.
    - Log back in.
    - Edit the BOFF at the tailor while they're still in the away team.
    Dahar Master Gishka - I.K.S. Storm of Quin'lat
    tlhIngan maH taHjaj!
  • cameldukiecameldukie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thanks, Gishka; that workaround did the trick. I was becoming frustrated because I had just evaluated almost 21 candidates in my roster and inventory to drill down to the eight fixed BOffs I was using for this toon... And to think I could not change their appearances! Haha! Thanks again.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I am getting the same thing with some of my Bridge Officers also.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Getting the same "You cannot change the species of the character" message with multiple BOFFs when purchasing modifications at the tailor.

For me the workaround is:

- Add the BOFF to your away team in the Stations menu.
    - Log out using "change character" so you see the BOFF on the character select screen.
    - Log back in.
    - Edit the BOFF at the tailor while they're still in the away team.

THANK YOU! <3
    1xe027q.png
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Ahh, this was driving me insane...glad it has a workaround.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    CONFIRMED
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    same i have tried on a few characters now , each one gets at least one BOFF that gets this error message and the type of boff doesnt matter it seems , had it one on a alien boff another on a photonic boff , and another on a Sauran BOff this is kinda game breaking for a MMO when your NPC partners cant be altered

• fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I also have this bug, of course. Yet, I see there is a work arround. Nice. But there are more issues with the tailor. All my characters have these edges, so it is very hard to see details. It is a graphical issue.
    The tailor screen for boffs is also continuously flickering/reloading every 10-20 seconds.
    1xe027q.png
  • angrybear#8629 angrybear Member Posts: 1 Arc User

I am Having The The Issue As Of Oct. 17 2020 4:32 Pm PST. It Still Needs To Be Fixed

• mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem too with the flickering. Good to see a workaround but I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • silver#5972 silver Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am also having trouble with the Bridge officers and vanishing and i found 6 more of my characters on my account having the same bug issue and its becoming a pain. the last patches did nothing. it really needs to be fixed and soon it only started when the Update patch for the New Event was added in.
    Still not fixed. >_>
    1xe027q.png
  • renwoodsto#3772 renwoodsto Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Indeed. This issue is still going on.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I am getting the same issue
  • saberalter02saberalter02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue here as well
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I get the same error message whenever I try to change the Outfit on all of my Bridge Officers, WTF!!!!!
    Just FYI, one of the devs witnessed this bug on someone's twitch stream and is now working to find out what's causing it and get it fixed.
    1xe027q.png
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Just FYI, one of the devs witnessed this bug on someone's twitch stream and is now working to find out what's causing it and get it fixed.

Wow. People have been complaining about the bug pretty continuously for a month, and only when a dev happens to see it on Twitch do they notice there's a problem. Makes me feel real confident the team is bothering to read the forums at all.
  • terramimic#6541 terramimic Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    danqueller wrote: »
    Wow. People have been complaining about the bug pretty continuously for a month, and only when a dev happens to see it on Twitch do they notice there's a problem. Makes me feel real confident the team is bothering to read the forums at all.

That's kind of the feeling I've gotten from reading the forums here. And especially the response I've gotten from submitting bug reports.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The QA person is working on interacting on the forums and not just Reddit. So be glad for the Twitch streams. Also, this person knows it is a problem and it is a high priority bug. There are devs who read the forums and this guy this year will only have been there at Cryptic for two years in January so he is pretty new and is not familiar with all the bugs dating to the launch of STO. He does quality assurance and is not a developer. He has a thread in General Discussion for the Friday Twitch streams, post your bug reports there as well as Reddit. I recommend last week's livestream where he goes into detail how bug reports are handled and what system they use and how they are improving. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    This issue seems tied to my recent issues of general graphics loading between game sectors, even just loading in fresh into a game, the latency of loading is so bad the boff tailor section keeps flickering about every two seconds now, i cannot chose the boff I want to change. thi all in addition to the prior cannot change species issue along with all this. it's not fun to play this game due to all this. tribbles preserve, I swear.
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Another workaround is that after you add the BOFFS to your away team all you have to do is change maps and then it will work. So if u are at the tailor, change your away team BOFFs to the ones you want to edit in the tailor, then go to your starships bridge, then leave the bridge and you will be back at the tailor and then you can edit those 4 away team BOFFs. I have done both this and logging off and back on and both work for now. Either way you have to change maps, you cannot just change the away team BOFFs and stay on the same map, it wont work.
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I'm sorry, I'm tired. Is there an idea when the tailor will be fixed? Anyone heard of a projected solution rate. I agree, it's not fun playing STO, if you can't change BOFF characteristics and clothing. I know the work arounds work, but a solution would be best.
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Only been hearing crickets.