test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX support

Comments

• volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hi "some players" who have "known issues". Will you buy The Legendary Mirror Bundle? Oh, sry wrong topic. we can't XD and about "rewards for the event" - you can always buyout from mudd's market
    Post edited by volticua on
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    Hi "some players" who have "known issues". Will you buy The Legendary Mirror Bundle? Oh, sry wrong topic. we can't XD and about "rewards for the event" - you can always buyout from mudd's market

Allow me to refresh your memory, friend.
    On october 6 the new content dropped and broke many peoples ability to log into STO.
    On october 8 and every patch since, it's noted in the 'known issues' of the patch notes that (and I quote) Some players are receiving Direct X messages in error, keeping them from playing the game.

So because it's "in error" we shouldn't have to pay a single dilithium crystal to buy out the event we couldn't access because of an error NOT are own.
    Furthermore, if we dont have access by the end of the month not only will we lose access to the free ship set, we'll also lose the free upgrade token for the experimental slots.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    dam, 11 days since that patch. and new weekend without changes. qapla "some players" of "known issues" with house shattered :D
  • trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Another weekend without my tetryon boat. Why.

Might I make a small suggestion, @ambassadorkael#6946 ? You guys put a redundant and completely unnecessary layer of feature detection over top of ANOTHER layer of feature detection that was already embedded in the launcher. Now you have a situation where the same computer that passes through the embedded gate will fail at the second gate after the client calls back to the server.

The answer here is really, really, really, really, amazingly simple:

JUST RIP THE DAMNED THING OUT. YOU DON'T NEED IT. THE CLIENT ALREADY CHECKS FOR THAT.
    PLEASE STOP. JUST, STOP.

Thank you for your attention.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hello ,

Two questions :

- Is the DirectX error message the same thing as the pop-up that some players get (sometime) about "failed system specs check" , that has two buttons on it :
    1) Run the application with lower settings
    2) Run the application with default settings

I get these pop-ups very randomly , sometimes when I try something radical to start the game (re-install the game , change GTX drivers) .

- My second question is :
    Is there a way to safely uninstall DirectX 11 ?
    I can't find a genuine Windows program for it (I'm on Win7) , and the 3rd party applications look somewhat mildly dubious . :)

Thanks !
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Hello ,

Two questions :

- Is the DirectX error message the same thing as the pop-up that some players get (sometime) about "failed system specs check" , that has two buttons on it :
    1) Run the application with lower settings
    2) Run the application with default settings

I get these pop-ups very randomly , sometimes when I try something radical to start the game (re-install the game , change GTX drivers) .

- My second question is :
    Is there a way to safely uninstall DirectX 11 ?
    I can't find a genuine Windows program for it (I'm on Win7) , and the 3rd party applications look somewhat mildly dubious . :)

Thanks !

I would not uninstall anything!
    If things worked in 'House Divided' they will work in 'House Shattered' once the bug is found and fixed.
    Writing code is a pain but debugging code is a TRIBBLE and a half.
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

matzdaad wrote: »
    I would not uninstall anything!

Too late for that train I'm afraid .
    If things worked in 'House Divided' they will work in 'House Shattered' once the bug is found and fixed.

Considering that they re-wrote some of the game's underlying code (which seems to work for a lot of people) , I'm not looking to wait for weeks or months for a chance at a bug fix that may or may not work .
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/j69tpl/house_shattered_official_unofficial_bug_report/g7xogpf/

At this point I'm looking to go through the motions that I can do, before I start to make a list of programs that i have currently installed , in preparation for a C: drive reformatting .

I'm still looking for any answers for the questions I asked above btw . :)

• jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    System requirements for STO from arc games website.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online

That's a hoot and a laugh. It has all fallen silent again.
    Considering that they re-wrote some of the game's underlying code (which seems to work for a lot of people) , I'm not looking to wait for weeks or months for a chance at a bug fix that may or may not work .
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/j69tpl/house_shattered_official_unofficial_bug_report/g7xogpf/
    Regarding the link above...
    This is known, and we intended to list it in the patch notes.

Please accept the free respec by pressing the provided reset button.

Where is the 'provided reset button???'

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User

The provided reset button is in the Skills tab for your character.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited October 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »

The provided reset button is in the Skills tab for your character.

Thank you, I just went thru all of them for traits. Some were OK, some needed redone,
    I'll check skills tomorrow as I'm getting tired (and the vodka has nothing to do with it! :wink: )

PS: Just did 1st Synth Wave... Kinda blind but got it done.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    My friend is running it through Arc and he is getting the same issue. He and I have done a number of fixes which didn't work, including changing resolution and reinstalling and re-verifying the files.
  • jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Another weekend without my tetryon boat. Why.

Might I make a small suggestion, @ambassadorkael#6946 ? You guys put a redundant and completely unnecessary layer of feature detection over top of ANOTHER layer of feature detection that was already embedded in the launcher. Now you have a situation where the same computer that passes through the embedded gate will fail at the second gate after the client calls back to the server.

The answer here is really, really, really, really, amazingly simple:

JUST RIP THE DAMNED THING OUT. YOU DON'T NEED IT. THE CLIENT ALREADY CHECKS FOR THAT.
    PLEASE STOP. JUST, STOP.

Thank you for your attention.

completely agree the issue is almost certainly with the launcher sending a false negative and most likely a conflict regarding the new code written to link to Epic Games Launcher allowing the Epic launcher to launch the game and existing code however this is also probably why it won't be fixed as they have calculated that Epic Games support is more important
    edited October 2020

I like the "There are no player-facing functionality changes" in that post more .

I mean sure , there are no player-facing functionality changes , apart from the people who can't even log in for almost two weeks now .
    Apart from them , sure , no changes .

jamchemy wrote: »
    System requirements for STO from arc games website.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online

That's a hoot and a laugh. It has all fallen silent again.

I have a feeling that that spec list might be a wee bit out of date , especially with the visual upgrades they have done since "Lighting 2.0" came about , and onwards .
    Still , I'd like to think that my laptop is still up to specs :

Minimum requrements :

CPU: Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz (I have i7-4720HQ 2.6 Ghz)

GPU: NVidia GeForce 8000/Intel G965M (I have GTX 970M)

Memory : 2GB (I have 16GB)

• jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Question is, has anyone who is having the issues tried to run from Epic Launcher and see if it works or not?
    edited October 2020
    Question is, has anyone who is having the issues tried to run from Epic Launcher and see if it works or not?

I will let you know, I just downloaded it.

Edit: and created an account, verified email and all that, looked all through and no STO. I think it only runs Epic games. If you know how to make it launch STO let me know.

I may check the few free games they have just to give me something to do
    while I wait for STO to get over the covid-19 it seems to have.

NOTICE Browsing thru the store I just ran across STO play for free! (4PM)

Clicked 'play for free' I think the blue line running across
    the top of Epic launcher may be download?

Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited October 2020

I will let you know, I just downloaded it.

Downloaded ($0.00) Clicked play and guess what?
    Unsupported graphics!

So EPIC is out as well.

EDIT: 5:04 PM EST
    Downloading a free FPS, (slow) Will use it to test EPIC.

On second thought... TRIBBLE EPIC

Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited October 2020

TL;DR -- Tried it , didn't work .

Longer version:
    Uninstalled STO . Uninstalled Arc . Went here:
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/product/star-trek-online
    Registered on the website . Downloaded their launcher. Verified with the website .
    Went back to the link above to download the game (which downloaded the same STO game launcher that Arc does) .

Un-tabbed "on-demand patching" from the Options manual in the STO launcher and downloaded the game .
    Clicked "Engage" . Game crashed without so much as giving me the "failed system specs check" run around .
    Multiple launch attempts , same results .
    At this point I could wallpaper a portion of this room with these:

wuUZWbh.png
  • garethhawkins#7483 garethhawkins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    does anyone know when it will be fixed

We don't have a clue... You can help by opening DxDiag (type in your search box) copy and paste into a message to ambassadorkael#6946, the more data he gets the more it will help.

Matz

i have already done that
  • dainbramaged#1915 dainbramaged Member Posts: 6 New User
    Just read through the entire post seems like alot more people are being affected than I thought. Just like to add I'm running a intel i5 2520 with intel uhd graphics 3000 with 8gbs of ram I was able to play before house shattered now I just get "Unsupported Video Card" rip
    edited October 2020
    kek. i find solution. pm if some one need
    p.s. ok, needs some test. game have some freezes. but still. it's can be run
    p.s.p.s. find dxcpl.exe for more info
  • tibo#6800 tibo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    @ambassadorkael#6946 we need and want information about the progress you made, it´s about time. Three times the patch notes said that that is known issue and as some1 here wrote that issue is more important for your player base playing on PC than some other thing.
    Post edited by tibo#6800 on
    seems they add some ship lights. so they never come back to old video cards
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    tibo#6800 wrote: »
    ambassadorkael#6946 we need and want information about the progress you made, it´s about time. Three times the patch notes said that that is known issue and as some1 here wrote that issue is more important for your player base playing on PC than some other thing.

Need to put @ for Kael to be notified

@ambassadorkael#6946
  • tibo#6800 tibo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    ambassadorkael#6946 we need and want information about the progress you made, it´s about time. Three times the patch notes said that that is known issue and as some1 here wrote that issue is more important for your player base playing on PC than some other thing.

@ambassadorkael#6946

Already done. Thanks
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

@ambassadorkael#6946

Already done. Thanks

No worries
  • dainbramaged#1915 dainbramaged Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited October 2020
    Well from the looks of it This might take awhile so I'd suggest picking up another game like warframe To pass the time then you can come back in a month or so to check if the issue has been resolved because this might take a long time IF it gets fixed I might be wrong though who knows.
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Looks like the last time Kael's logged in to the forum was October 14th as of this message. So I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes or if they're even looking into this issue anymore at the moment. :(
    Post edited by bigb3 on
    edited October 2020
    Now you probably know this already but...
    Those of us who are working our duty officers butts off (all we can do).

I accidently found that being in sector space seems to make it easier.
    click- plan
    click- start assignment (no click and hold or double click)
    Maps load faster as well.

Edit: Arc seems to work OK since it ran Cryptic's Never-something,
    The D&D thing (which I deleted as boring)
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012