test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Going to the store, out of rubber bands.

eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
I hadn't noticed this being discussed much, but something crossed my eyes when the new content drop happened last week. Yes, it's easy to miss when there's so many other bugs, but I think it deserves to be said.

Anyone else noticing the rubberbanding is way down? Since last Tuesday, I can count maybe twice that I rubberbanded, each one very mild, barely a meter at most, and both times in battlezones.

For a few weeks before the House Shattered release, I'd been spending more time on Neverwinter, where the lag wasn't as bad, because I could barely stand it here. Then suddenly it's like it all cleared up. No change over there, so either they did something to just STO's servers or decluttered something in the game coding itself.

So whatever it is y'all did, I want to recognize it. Thanks! It's a greatly improved game experience.
Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Kobalistan

I wish I could send a real beer for this, cheers

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Yes the rubberbands are reduced indeed
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I have noticed that server performance was about flawless tonight, without a single SNR to be found. Kudos to those behind it, and please keep it up!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yes. I noticed the same thing. I definitely feel an improvement in game performance.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I noticed. I was pretty sure a lot of it was due to database backend issues as there was always a huge hang when putting spec points into the trees or finishing an endeavor and so on. This seems to be why it was so much worse on social maps with a lot of people.

People complain about having to respec, but doing whatever forced the bugged skills and necessary respec seems to have also fixed the majority of rubberbanding issues, small price to pay.
This discussion has been closed.