test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Mirror Bundle

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
For all you Mirror Universe fans out there(since I didn't see aa forum post for it yet)
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479863-the-legendary-mirror-bundle
  • All New Tier 6 Ship: Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser
  • Agony Phaser Torpedo Launcher
  • Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
  • Mirror Odyssey Uniform
  • Mirror Romulan Uniform
  • Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform
  • Mirror Leeta Uniform
  • Mirror Porthos non-combat Rottweiler pet
  • Mirror Universe Registry unlocks
  • Mirror Hakeev duty officer
And mirror prefixes for all your ships

Ship stats page
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479853
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Am I missing where it displays the ship's stats or is that later?

Looks like an interesting bundle, but I already have a handful of the items through event unlocks so if bought would be receiving a diminished value.

I also wonder if the non-combat pet will be account-wide or just (1).
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Am I missing where it displays the ship's stats or is that later?
    >
    > Looks like an interesting bundle, but I already have a handful of the items through event unlocks so if bought would be receiving a diminished value.
    >
    > I also wonder if the non-combat pet will be account-wide or just (1).

The way I read it was that everything is an account unlock
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I can't justify it for myself for the rest of the year, but it does look nice.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I don't understand why the ship isn't any faction. As a mirror ship, why not? KDF really really needs some legendary love, and a mirror universe ship is a perfectly fine excuse to do that.

Until I read the details saying its Fed only, I was trying to imagine a Gal X in KDF textures. The standard green would be interesting, but the black material standard for the pilot raptors? That would be an amazing looking ship.

Edit: Will I buy it? Yeah probably. The uniforms are a good addition here, as I think the Mirror Leta one is millions of EC on the exchange and only unlocks for one character. Mirror Oddy I didn't even know was a thing.
  • touriktourik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    As I use a Galaxy on my main and LOVE the mirror universe, I'm extremely interested. The extension of the ISS prefix is very welcome too.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    I'm going to grab it. I hope that it unlocks the mirror hull materials too, but will have to wait and see.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    6000 Zen for another Fed ship, a non-combat pet and other stuff that have been in game for years... no thank you.

Also, I guess 60 bucks are enough for you guys to do what was dimed not doable, uh? Good to know.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Although I own a lot of the customes in this pack. I am happy to see the MU Registry be added. I hope this works as I interpret how it reads, which is that it will unlock the I.S.S. and other designations for all of your ships, Mirror or not, account-wide. A discount for those of us who own pretty much all of the costumes would be appreciated. Will that stop me from buying it. Probably not! I have been waiting for more MU stuff for quite a while and it now seems that we are finally getting some. Hopefully the MU skin will also work on or include the ability to remove the third nacelle on the MU Galaxy Dread.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    This? Is getting absolutely ridiculous. There's been, what, one regular C-store release in the past year? Everything else has been insanely overpriced Legendary bundles, insanely overpriced Mudd's Market releases, some very strange choices of promo pack ships, and a couple of lockbox ships.

Not that I'm surprised, mind you. But this is definitely ridiculous.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Another Fed ship and no KDF or Rom companion ship. So much for year of the KlingNONE.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I wish they swapped the dual pistols for the agony rifle.
    Dual pistols were already an account unlock, but the agony rifle was per-character.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    Am I missing where it displays the ship's stats or is that later?
    It was a separate page linked at the bottom of that first page.

Updated the OP to include the ship stat page also

Ah, okay, had to rub my eyes a few more times, thanks.

mez83 wrote: »
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Am I missing where it displays the ship's stats or is that later?
    >
    > Looks like an interesting bundle, but I already have a handful of the items through event unlocks so if bought would be receiving a diminished value.
    >
    > I also wonder if the non-combat pet will be account-wide or just (1).

The way I read it was that everything is an account unlock

I'm not sure I'll buy it since I already have a few of the items, but I'm hoping you're correct for those that do.

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    This? Is getting absolutely ridiculous. There's been, what, one regular C-store release in the past year? Everything else has been insanely overpriced Legendary bundles, insanely overpriced Mudd's Market releases, some very strange choices of promo pack ships, and a couple of lockbox ships.

Folks complained when the first legendary bundle released that it was too expensive, even though they're getting $1k of value for $300 ($200 on sale). Which I get it, a couple hundred is alot to invest up front, however no other bundle gave that kind of value for that kind of price. Folks complained and said "if you let us buy the ships individually we'll do it, even if we have to pay a little more per ship." Well folks are getting what they wished for, individual ships that they're going to have to pay extra per ship to get. Too many folks have this unreasonable expectation that Cryptic should basically sell legendary ships (and ships in general) that may or may not have potent items, traits, be a fan favorite etc, at some ridiculously low sum like $5 a ship, and that's just not going to happen. This ship and the romulan ship are 2 instances of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." Folks wished for individual ships even if they had to pay more, and that's what they're getting. If you think it's too expensive then by all means don't buy it, you're under no obligation to do so, same thing with lockbox, promo, or lobi ships.

As for Mudd's Market, the trick to that stuff is not to buy at full price. As Mudd himself says "only a sucker would buy this at full price". Wait for the sales then buy. Even then you don't need everything that pops up in Mudd's just because it's there. If you think something is too expensive, you're entitled to that opinion and to voice that opinion civilly. If you think it's too expensive then don't buy it and vote with your wallet. If you think it's too expensive yet you buy it anyways, that tells the company you didn't care as much as you say you did.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    I don't understand why the ship isn't any faction. As a mirror ship, why not?
    Cryptic has said in the past that CBS has been the one to say no to Klingons flying Starfleet ships and vice versa.

The only cross faction mirror ship we have gotten, that I can think of, it the styx, and that was because it wasn't a Federation design.
    Also, I guess 60 bucks are enough for you guys to do what was dimed not doable, uh? Good to know.
    What was ever said to not be doable?

The devs have mentioned on a few streams that it was impossible to unlock the I.S.S., A.K.S., and A.R.W. prefixes for all ships because of how the Ship prefixes were programmed.

This was either a false statement by them, or they lacked the knowledge that yeah it could be done (Its hard to tell with them nowadays)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    "If you think it's too expensive yet you buy it anyways, that tells the company you didn't care as much as you say you did."

Very true & very insightful.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

Folks complained when the first legendary bundle released that it was too expensive, even though they're getting $1k of value for $300 ($200 on sale). Which I get it, a couple hundred is alot to invest up front, however no other bundle gave that kind of value for that kind of price. Folks complained and said "if you let us buy the ships individually we'll do it, even if we have to pay a little more per ship." Well folks are getting what they wished for, individual ships that they're going to have to pay extra per ship to get. Too many folks have this unreasonable expectation that Cryptic should basically sell legendary ships (and ships in general) that may or may not have potent items, traits, be a fan favorite etc, at some ridiculously low sum like $5 a ship, and that's just not going to happen. This ship and the romulan ship are 2 instances of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." Folks wished for individual ships even if they had to pay more, and that's what they're getting. If you think it's too expensive then by all means don't buy it, you're under no obligation to do so, same thing with lockbox, promo, or lobi ships.

As for Mudd's Market, the trick to that stuff is not to buy at full price. As Mudd himself says "only a sucker would buy this at full price". Wait for the sales then buy. Even then you don't need everything that pops up in Mudd's just because it's there. If you think something is too expensive, you're entitled to that opinion and to voice that opinion civilly. If you think it's too expensive then don't buy it and vote with your wallet. If you think it's too expensive yet you buy it anyways, that tells the company you didn't care as much as you say you did.

I'm not asking for "$5 Legendary ships". Buying them individually for a sane price would be perfectly fine to me. Which this... isn't quite, because the price is still increased by a bunch of extras that either don't interest me or--like the weapons--I already have anyway.

And yes, I know I'm under no obligation to buy any of the pricier items. My problem is that that's all we're getting lately. Is it really so unreasonable to ask for some new ships that are within my reach? I'm not asking for Legendary-quality ships for standard price, I'm just asking for standard ships at standard price. Of which we've gotten nothing except the single carrier bundle in at least a year, and even that got an inflated price for the four-ship bundle because they tossed in extra items.

I am not asking for the world. I am asking for exactly what we used to get, and haven't been lately.
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Regent Worf's flagship plox?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'm kinda neutral on this one right now.
    Mostly because I've got most of the stuff already. Although I don't have any form of the Gal-X.

I wouldn't mind total account unlock for the outfits. But I think this is going to be on the back burner for me right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I don't understand why the ship isn't any faction. As a mirror ship, why not?
    Cryptic has said in the past that CBS has been the one to say no to Klingons flying Starfleet ships and vice versa.
    Which is kind of funny, given that Kirk 'appropriated' a Bird-of-Prey out of necessity at the end of the third movie. That aside, the Alliance initiative does make for a good in-universe explanation... imagine, if you will, that operators who max out the diplomacy/marauding doff track or complete 'Surface Tension' would be able to use the other faction's ships and play through holo-sim versions of the exclusive missions (perhaps the latter would have the additional requirement of said missions being completed legitimately by another operator on the account).

Yes, foxrockssocks, it would be interesting to see the results of such a combination (or its reverse).

And jcsww makes a reasonable suggestion: there should be discounts that take into consideration which of those items one might have unlocked from events. On this note, I thought it would be interesting to estimate some components' 'stand-alone' prices based on analogues already in the shop...
    • starship: 3000;
    • uniforms: 2200 (4 * 550);
    • registry unlock: 100;
    • torpedo, pistols, doff, pet: 700
    Which reminds me that an opportunity was missed with this bundle (and the Elachi bundle from an earlier event): specifically, account-wide access to the appropriate weapon family (in this case, agony phasers - which makes one wonder if the Mirror!KDF and RRN have special disruptor and plasma flavors). This would work similarly to the Andorian phasers and spiral-wave disruptors, with the following distinctions:
    • like other special rewards, they can be freely upgraded to Mk.12, after which normal costs apply; and
    • having a particular ship commissioned, whether active or in dry dock, is not required
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    For all you Mirror Universe fans out there(since I didn't see aa forum post for it yet)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479863-the-legendary-mirror-bundle
    • All New Tier 6 Ship: Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser
    • Agony Phaser Torpedo Launcher
    • Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
    • Mirror Odyssey Uniform
    • Mirror Romulan Uniform
    • Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform
    • Mirror Leeta Uniform
    • Mirror Porthos non-combat Rottweiler pet
    • Mirror Universe Registry unlocks
    • Mirror Hakeev duty officer
    And mirror prefixes for all your ships

Ship stats page
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479853

"Crying and whimpering" Shut up and take my money, you had me at Mirror Universe Legendary...
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    That said...SERIOUSLY?!? Another fed ship pack in the year of the KLINGONS?!? At least they give you costumes that has been in the store for ages...but no really, this is getting idiotic. At least Klingon toons can TECHNICALLY get this trait by creating a feddie bear toon to unlock it...but they shouldn't have to do that. Bloody hell.

Perfectly put. They could've added at least one MU Klingon ship, at the very least.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @gulremal said:
    > Regent Worf's flagship plox?

Would have been a cool opportunity here. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Another copy paste job to make more money. I'm not impressed and most of the stuff in here has already been offered in some way or another. The ship itself not really that different from other Galaxy Dreadnought Cruisers...even the dog was offered before. The uniforms aren't too bad but late from what it should have been years ago. I will pass completely.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Lets start with the positives. Its nice they give the chance for Federation players to get a Legendary ship with 2 traits, exclusive skin and other goodies that isnt a part of the grand legendary pack and therefore easier to buy on lower budgets. I hope they do it more and for all factions.

The negative is that again there is nothing for KDF side and so far KDF players only got one ship in YOK, the support carrier
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    The Terran Gal-X is very different than the standard ones it replaces, 5/3 weapons layout, full intel spec with secondary command. It also has worse turn rate (which the separated saucer can boost significantly), and otherwise slightly worse stats then the Vengeance at a glance.

The year of Klingon sure has a lot of back to back starfleet - and of course none of it will ever be a Nova, can't have that.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.