test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Ground Weapons and Spiral Wave Omni Beam

gunoy1gunoy1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I am sure this has been asked about before, Though I wanted to get a current thread started on this subject. I am rather invested in my Cardassian character and have been longing for ground weapons, abilities and an omni beam array for my spiral/wave setup. A space set offering an omni beam could be pretty awesome. I noticed the Cardassian missions take us more toward the Founders and Jem'Hadar. It would be nice to get back to what we had in the first quarter of the games life span. The missions actually took us to Cardassian space stations and planet side to farms and in the tunnels dealing with the Pah Wraith. So many opportunities for ground sets yet nothing that addresses the Cardassian heritage. I say Cardassian heritage because I know they are nothing more than a playable species and not a faction at this point. Though so are many other species that have had this level of attention. When it comes to abilities I remember fighting the endless waves of Cardassian foot soldiers in the ground patrols and the abilities they used such as officers using photonic generators creating soldiers to fight along side them. I have used traits and decoys for making up for this, but having the engineering ability would be awesome.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes please!!, We need those weapons
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I am darkbladejk and I approve this message. yes please on the spiral omnis
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Same here, I would love to have Cardassian ground weapons and Omnis for space
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    You have my vote for Cardassian weapons.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I sure like the idea of Cardie weapons too, but I'll also voice support for getting those old missions back. There was soooooo much more content there before the joke of a revamp.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    YES! SPIRAL OMNIIII
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Cardassian ground weapons already have models in game, just for some reason we haven't been given a playable version of them.

And I do want a Spiral Wave omni too, but I would like them to make an omni for all the unique weapon types, like the Romulan Plasma rep weapons, adnorian phasers, Temporal Defense Chroniton, I think we need an omni version for all of them.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Cardassian space stations and planetside farms with tunnels dealing with the Pah Wraiths, sounds like something way before the game dropped on consoles, so bummer that I never got to see any of that stuff. I do have to agree that the devs have ignored the Cardassians content quite a bit, based upon that forgotten info.
  • gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    I find this request agreeable on all accounts, especially the ground weapons.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Would be nice to see some ground weapons, but we probably never will unless they're monetized in some way...may throw them in another 20 day grind event.
  • gunoy1gunoy1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well to all who support this request, please upvote this post and keep it as active as possible. Maybe that will get us closer to what we all want to see.
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Cardassian ground weapons already have models in game, just for some reason we haven't been given a playable version of them.

And I do want a Spiral Wave omni too, but I would like them to make an omni for all the unique weapon types, like the Romulan Plasma rep weapons, adnorian phasers, Temporal Defense Chroniton, I think we need an omni version for all of them.

Yes plz. I'd love to see unique weapon type versions of the quad and wide-arc heavy cannons too, but I'd settle for omni-beams. You'd think that Cardassian ground weapons might have come with the Plain and Simple bundle like how we got Bajoran phasers waaaaay back in the day with the DS9 one.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I concur! I've recently returned to using the Cardassian ships introduced with the Gamma Quadrant arc, and a spiral wave omni was one of the first things I was missing! Also, a fleet-level or legendary Keldon class would be nice to find in the C-Store!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I concur! I've recently returned to using the Cardassian ships introduced with the Gamma Quadrant arc, and a spiral wave omni was one of the first things I was missing! Also, a fleet-level or legendary Keldon class would be nice to find in the C-Store!

Keldon is already in a lock box...or you have to buy that Garak set off the lobi store...best you're going to get unfortunately
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Also isn't the Keldon already Fleet level?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also isn't the Keldon already Fleet level?
    Yes but a Legendary iteration would be an account unlock. I'm already resisting the third instance of each of two different lobi ships. If I "buy" a third instance of either I'll feel I've earned the right to tattoo an "L" on my forehead.

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    spiral omnis and a mission reward plasma omni, please
    Spock.jpg

Maybe add a visitable Cardassia to that list, I'm curious to see how the planet looks post-dominion war, also it doesn't make sense how Cardassian PCs can simply visit Bajor without any incident.
    The problem with making Cardassia a social hub is the same problem that Bajor has. DS9 is RIGHT THERE. And probably has more services too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    My Cardi toons approve. 👍🏽😃 Perhaps a Cardi Rep?
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    They could actually make story based on them and to visit Cardassia in the process. Well as we saw in old episodes there are Cardassians that seek to restore the old glory of the Cardassian Union. They could expand on that and make an episode where the group managed to stage a coup and attacks nearby planets etc.
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    They could actually make story based on them and to visit Cardassia in the process. Well as we saw in old episodes there are Cardassians that seek to restore the old glory of the Cardassian Union. They could expand on that and make an episode where the group managed to stage a coup and attacks nearby planets etc.

But without the help of the Terran Empire this time, the Empire turning them into minions lowered their value as villains.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gunoy1gunoy1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well, I hope the developers are seeing what comes of this post. I know there could be a lot more to say on this matter. I do feel that the Cardassian faction was strong at one point they even posed a considerable threat to the Federation. The fall of their empire came with their union with the Dominion. Playing lap dog to the dominion was a huge mistake and cost them so much. I know that many story lines featured Cardassians in great detail. There is more content to them than what has been provided. I can see at least a few views supporting the addition of content to the game. I hope others may join us and help us gain their attention. If you have anyone who may share in these views ask them to post here.
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Knowing they have those weapons it is hard trying to put them somewhere that they could organically drop, like any Discovery Era mission should drop Discovery Weapons "Klingon Weapons"

I still support the added feature of Ground Patrols in the future. I was watching some ground TFO with scopes (the visual of a lens marking a target) but on PS4 you have [ · ] on screen, it is GOOD for some but in a screen shot of your ship you want to put as a background on PS Profile it is like a 'pressed ham' against the viewscreen. That option should be able to be removed in settings, it is not on PC so why is it on PS4

I think the cardassian weapons should be added to the Bajor mission rewards to recover the orb, same with Bajoran weapons (yes they are in game- as a purchase with Leeta or Deep Space 9 Bundle)
    doesnt the DS9 set have cardi weaps?

If you're referring to the DS9 bundle... no. It comes with Bajoran weapons, a split beam pistol and a stun rifle.
This discussion has been closed.