test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Upgrade a T6 Ship for Free!

124

Comments

  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    Okay, question:

    I purchased the Mudd's Temporal bundle a while back... Since the version of ship you get is dependent on the faction of the toon, if I use a token to upgrade, say, the Klein Temporal Destroyer, would the upgrade then apply to the Chargh'Poh and the Tal'aura?

    Just wondering...

    Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    I love a bit of power creep over end game content, like actual difficult raiding.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    davizinc30 wrote: »
    Hello I have a problem on pc , I can't access the game just crashed at the beggining , I try to restart but the problem doesn't fix

    Perhaps another thread would be a better place asking such a question & solving your problem???
  • hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    A suggestion: Currently you can buy lesser Phoenix Box tokens on 1 to 2 trade in. Would it be possible to be able to do the reverse? I'd be willing to pay 4-5 very rare/purple tokens to get 1 ultra rare token in order to get the T6 Upgrade. Both epic and ultra rare tokens are very scarce. This would be a great addition to get the upgrades as well.

    Thanks!
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    > @hjayfisher said:
    > Would it be possible to be able to do the reverse?

    I would be interested in this too. But I doubt Cryptic would. It would devalue the ships.

    Maybe more at a ratio of 100 or 200 Rare vouchers for a very rare it would better reflect the probability tables.
  • sapphiro#3585 sapphiro Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2020
    Where will be those tokens added? Account bank or individual storage?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,455 Arc User
    Where will be those tokens added? Account bank or individual storage?

    They should not be bound, at least the C-Store ones anyway. If they can be sold on the Exchange, they will not be bound.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,742 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The free token is bound to account. The C-Store token is not bound and can be traded or sold.

    I don’t know about the Phoenix Box tokens, but I assume those are also bound to account. I’m not aware of anything from the Phoenix boxes that can be traded.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I like this idea. I think I’ll upgrade my Vengeance class first.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,880 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ozwyn wrote: »
    Ok.. If I say, bought a t5 nova and upgraded it to T-5U and then applied this upgrade... it is supposed to apply to all fleet t5 novas to the account? Even without buying the t-5U again? If so the T5 Nova crowd might have some kind of joy in this.

    Yeah - although this IS a double-edged sword to be honest.

    I mean, this scenario is VERY unlikely right now, but nonetheless:
    Imagine I blow some Zen on an X-upgrade token for my old T5-U Nova. A few weeks later the news that I've been waiting over six years to see breaks - quality pass Nova on Tribble followed by a blog announcing that they FINALLY listened and a T6 Nova is to hit the C-store. (Ha! As if!)
    Well, great - but I'll have wasted Zen on an X-upgrade for a ship that, for all intents and purposes, will end up in drydock. And since I'll definitely want to use another X-upgrade to turn this (imagined) T6 Nova into a T6 Nova-X......

    Still, I guess I could use the Free upgrade on my old T5-U Nova although that isn't really the point.

    So... do I blow an X upgrade on a ship that could technically be 'replaced' by a superior version of itself or wait and hope, as I have done for the past 6+ years, that a T6 version might appear? This really is where their "we don't discuss future content blah blah" policy really bites our bottoms.

    I wonder if we'll get X-upgrades to the Admiralty cards (probably not, considering there T5-Us didn't have improved Admiralty cards compared to regular T5s).

    That would make X-upgrades worth it, even with upgrading both the T5-Us and the T6s.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    This gives me something to spend a couple of my UR tokens on, the hard part is deciding which ships to upgrade.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,455 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ozwyn wrote: »
    Ok.. If I say, bought a t5 nova and upgraded it to T-5U and then applied this upgrade... it is supposed to apply to all fleet t5 novas to the account? Even without buying the t-5U again? If so the T5 Nova crowd might have some kind of joy in this.

    Yeah - although this IS a double-edged sword to be honest.

    I mean, this scenario is VERY unlikely right now, but nonetheless:
    Imagine I blow some Zen on an X-upgrade token for my old T5-U Nova. A few weeks later the news that I've been waiting over six years to see breaks - quality pass Nova on Tribble followed by a blog announcing that they FINALLY listened and a T6 Nova is to hit the C-store. (Ha! As if!)
    Well, great - but I'll have wasted Zen on an X-upgrade for a ship that, for all intents and purposes, will end up in drydock. And since I'll definitely want to use another X-upgrade to turn this (imagined) T6 Nova into a T6 Nova-X......

    Still, I guess I could use the Free upgrade on my old T5-U Nova although that isn't really the point.

    So... do I blow an X upgrade on a ship that could technically be 'replaced' by a superior version of itself or wait and hope, as I have done for the past 6+ years, that a T6 version might appear? This really is where their "we don't discuss future content blah blah" policy really bites our bottoms.

    I wonder if we'll get X-upgrades to the Admiralty cards (probably not, considering there T5-Us didn't have improved Admiralty cards compared to regular T5s).

    That would make X-upgrades worth it, even with upgrading both the T5-Us and the T6s.

    I didn't get a new Admirality Card for upgrading my DSC D7.
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    to throw this out there. i wish for reason to just be able to upgrade shuttle with this x-token. i mean there are no tiers to a shuttle. it would be a major upgrade and leap for the shuttle to be on pair with a tier one ship.

    an experimental upgraded shuttle. it would be nice to have. It will be probably be under used and waste of time along with zen to upgrade. I remember to old days in the game when a glitch allow a shuttle to be in a Borg TFO. They were some fun times. There were some successful matches and very often failures. But there was that lone shuttle that for some reason doing pretty well not dying but not doing much damage but did pull aggro. ah good times.

    i lost my point but yeah it would be great if it applied to shuttles.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    This gives me something to spend a couple of my UR tokens on, the hard part is deciding which ships to upgrade.
    Heh, not even a question here: applied free one to my Federation Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser. :)
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I used a token on the T6 carrier, then logged into another toon with the ship. This upgrade is NOT account wide. My other ship did not improve. Very disappointed.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 36,852 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    did you go to a shipyard person and upgrade it? it's not an automatic process - every copy of a ship you've applied an upgrade to has to be manually upgraded

    if nothing appears even then, that ship might be bugged...lord knows the update was full of them​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,455 Arc User
    I used a token on the T6 carrier, then logged into another toon with the ship. This upgrade is NOT account wide. My other ship did not improve. Very disappointed.

    Ouch! That is not good news! According to the announcement, they are supposed to be account wide for the same ship. However, if you have the fleet version of a ship, it will apply to the non-fleet version but if you have upgraded the regular version and your other one is a fleet version. The upgrade will not apply to the fleet version if you had upgraded the standard version. Yeah... It's darn confusing!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I have D'kyr on my mind, D'kyr on my mind....
    ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Well, I used my free upgrade token... on a fleet Gagarin, switched to an alt, and... do I need to move maps for the upgrade to show?\

    Update: Nope, other fleet Gagarin didn't upgrade. Great.​​
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,462 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I upgraded my Legendary Intrepid. When it adds the extra Starship Mastery slot, it unslots ALL Personal Ground and Spece Traits and the Starship Masteries. Reputation Traits were not affected.

    Edit: They actually unslotted because of the Respec.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    Well, I used my free upgrade token... on a fleet Gagarin, switched to an alt, and... do I need to move maps for the upgrade to show?\

    Update: Nope, other fleet Gagarin didn't upgrade. Great.​​

    According to Cryptic that's not suppose to happen that way, hopefully the patch will correct that for you.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,508 Arc User
    For those saying "my other character's ship did not upgrade"... the upgrade is not automatically applied, but if you go to the ship selection contact and open the upgrade interface, you should be eligible for a free upgrade.

    The upgrades "are" account-unlock, and this is the same behavior as the T5U tokens.

  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    For those saying "my other character's ship did not upgrade"... the upgrade is not automatically applied, but if you go to the ship selection contact and open the upgrade interface, you should be eligible for a free upgrade.

    The upgrades "are" account-unlock, and this is the same behavior as the T5U tokens.

    If not automatic & have to select it like you said I'm guessing then that is the majority of people not thinking it is working. I at least hope anyways!
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,508 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    For those saying "my other character's ship did not upgrade"... the upgrade is not automatically applied, but if you go to the ship selection contact and open the upgrade interface, you should be eligible for a free upgrade.

    The upgrades "are" account-unlock, and this is the same behavior as the T5U tokens.

    If not automatic & have to select it like you said I'm guessing then that is the majority of people not thinking it is working. I at least hope anyways!

    That's exactly why I posted (twice actually, it was on a previous page of this thread also). People who are expecting auto-activation may think it's broken, but it's just that auto-activation was never intended.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Well, i have 5 tokens now - which legendary ships would be the perfect candidates for upgrading?

    I'd like to upgrade one ship for Engineering/Science/Tactical purpose, leaving two upgrades for any "allrounder" in that bundle, or are there any other ships, that would perform even better after turning them into T6-X versions?

    Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nye#8522 nye Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    They should give you the option besides the above mentioned slots how about the option to add an experimental or a secondary deflector slot? Just an idea
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Phoenix ended earlier (its 18.30CET) ?
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    So, the Mirror Strike Wing Escort [T6] (aka Mirror Engle) is missing the option to apply an experimental update - no button present, like it was a T4 or lower. I wonder how many other ships got missed somehow?
  • obiwonko1obiwonko1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I like the t6 upgrades (thank you perfect world) but are we ever going to get this upgrade for the Mirror Engle Strike. I feel Mirror Engle Strike players got left out in the cold with this "known issue". I'm sure this is not an insurmountable problem.
Sign In or Register to comment.