test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX support

Comments

• bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    *sigh* Looks like no fix for this Tuesday's patch, one week after this problem happened. :neutral:
  • commodorealphacommodorealpha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The upgrade problem involves feature level not dx level

"The DirectX 12 API only goes down to feature level 11_0. 3 At feature levels 9_1, 9_2 and 9_3, the display device supports the use of 2-D textures with dimensions that are not powers of two under two conditions."

feature level requirements are not being met now. My desktop now will not run the game but the laptop will having to do with the feature level being high enough. they are trying to enhance the 3D of the game As stated above most likely was done without regard to how many players who did not have the video card capable of playing.

most of the older desktop video cards are not capable of running feature level 10.1 or above and then you also have to factor in what version motherboard you have and can it handle installing a newer video card lets say 3.0. there are videos on youtube that try to explain this but most of it may not make sense unless you actually build computers.
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    in dxdiag it tell the feature level, we all are above 10 and game dont work
  • jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    i think we can safely say they have no intention of fixing this anytime soon we may be lucky and get an accidental fix 6 months down the road and they certainly won't be compensated they need to roll back the patch and test it for 6 months with an entirely new development team not a single employee involved in the manufacture of this should keep thier job
    they should role back and start the patch again from square 1 with a new development team and a minimum of 6 months testing before release while compensating all players with 6 months premium
  • nikola123#8041 nikola123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Folks who are experiencing this issue - are you launching from Arc or Steam?

ARC, Steam or direct link on Star Trek Online.exe, all the same...
  • jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So as a proof of concept, I have spent the last 11 hours doing the following:
    1. Created a windows 10 virtual machine (easy)
    2. Install Arc (also easy)
    3. Install STO launcher (again easy)
    4. Run STO launcher and have it update patch (14GB - took 8 freaking hours)
    5. Login to STO (ran on the virtual machine, which is on the same machine which had been rejected time and again by STO)
    6. Had the login timeout because the VM took so long to communicate with the server.
    7. Eventually gave up actually logging in on the VM, but at least I was not getting that pesky message about the video card not running DX 10.X.

I can safely say this is not a viable workaround, but hey today was a holiday and I am between jobs. Everything runs slowly on the VM, even logging in to STO has been a royal pain and I have allocated 8GB of RAM to the VM.

This patch is more than just a House Shattered.....it has been a game shattered.
  • tariser12tariser12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I tried all three, but usually use a direct link to the STO launcher same error
    they will not make any attempt to fix it before the end of the month and then they will only decide to fix it after they have done the monthly revenue figures and they will then only fix it if it costs less to fix than the drop in revenue
    they will not make any attempt to fix it before the end of the month and then they will only decide to fix it after they have done the monthly revenue figures and they will then only fix it if it costs less to fix than the drop in revenue

I see you have been reading my posts...
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    If this patch was not solved our problem, the question is how we will be able to recover a week + of missing the event.
  • kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User

Steam. Have been for a long long time. Haven't had this happen until this particular patch, which is a wicked ripping shame, considering how much fun I've had with this game at times. Good luck to the support staff, I understand it's a thankless task a lot of the time.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »
    My Intel HD Graphics is running version 12 of Directx, Everything ran smoothly for years then they performed the dreaded 'shard maintenance' and bang! Suddenly I have an unsupported driver

PS: DDI is 11.1

Same here. Ran DxDiag to check up on this.
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    It's still not fixed. No meaningful communication about the issue. Game is dead to me. What a pathetic death it had too. So dishonorable.
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    ...And one more thing. I use Steam. I would bet 100:1 that the issue is a DIRECT result of the slimy, cut-throat, rotten, corporate greed-monger, A*holes known as "EPIC Games." Yeah, I said that. They are that sleazy. I would not put it past EPIC games to put a stealth sabotage into the patch to TRIBBLE over Steam customers. I don't think that it's just a mere coincidence that the same patch that introduced Epic access, also killed off so many Steam players. They are that kind of greedy dirty imo, worse than a Ferengi, raised by a Cardassian mother, and a Romulan father. You heard it here first.
  • kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Hmm. Has anybody who got it through the epic store gotten the directx mess? Granted, corellation does not equal causation, but there was clearly something that went wrong with last week's patch, and something in the coding is making it freak out.
    edited October 2020
    xividax wrote: »
    ...And one more thing. I use Steam. I would bet 100:1 that the issue is a DIRECT result of the slimy, cut-throat, rotten, corporate greed-monger, A*holes known as "EPIC Games." Yeah, I said that. They are that sleazy. I would not put it past EPIC games to put a stealth sabotage into the patch to TRIBBLE over Steam customers. I don't think that it's just a mere coincidence that the same patch that introduced Epic access, also killed off so many Steam players. They are that kind of greedy dirty imo, worse than a Ferengi, raised by a Cardassian mother, and a Romulan father. You heard it here first.

Now hold on there. OK, so I readily admit I have been ribbing the dev team (tbh I am sure it is frustrating for them but as someone who has had to deal with implementation issues with accounting software, this could have easily been avoided) but what does this have to do with EPIC Games. The game is owned by Cryptic and last I checked that does not spell EPIC.

Fine there is now access on EPIC, but you are trying to show that A=E without showing the link through B, C and D
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Do we have an update if the Devs were able to trace and diagnose the problem yet, Kael?
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User

Neither. I've been launching directly (pre-arc) with STOs own launcher.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Dell Precision M4400, Windows 7, 4gb system ram, Nvidia Quadro FX 1700M w/512mb dedicated video memory @DX10.0 with Microsoft's DX10 patch installed, logging in on Arc.

Yes, that's an old machine. I hope to get something better around Black Friday but since the new malf is kicking people with DX12 videocards with good amounts of dedicated video memory at random it's a crapshoot if a newer laptop would work or not either. I'm sure they'll fix it soon just because of that, naysayers. It's not a kick out the weak computers issue, though I do think the writing is on the wall for DX10 support. Soon. But not now. This is a genuine malf.

I noticed something interesting: I get different error messages and launcher behavior if I disable my Nvidia video driver and let the generic MS one do it. Both logins fail with a DX10 or better message, but it looks and behaves different. It's not the same message box. First pic is with Nvidia enabled: click Engage, it churns to itself for a it as usual and then bombs out with that error message. The launcher then quickly shuts itself down. Second pic is with video driver disabled: I get this different looking message almost immediately when the launcher loads and the launcher stays put until you close it, as does the message box, but the Engage button is stuck on Patch with no bar filling up or count going.

So this is encountering TWO layers of checking, @ambassadorkael#6946. One that fails completely with my OEM driver disabled, and another that fails AFTER looking for updates and waiting until you push Engage and then gurgling to itself for a bit when the OEM driver is activated. Curiouser and curioser...

https://www.facebook.com/TabbyJTTF/photos/pcb.1673493932811311/1673492789478092/

https://www.facebook.com/TabbyJTTF/photos/pcb.1673493932811311/1673493699478001/
    last time Cyrptic stole money with a broken update and refused to answer I had to put a complaint into the Better Buisiness Bureau office in California and cryptic fixed the issue within an hour of recieving notice of the complaint we should all make complaints to them. https://www.bbb.org/
    make a complaint via https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-gatos/profile/online-gaming/cryptic-studios-1216-1272935 as then cryptic will be forced to act

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
    Your complaint has been assigned case # 847844.
    Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : j_south@hotmail.co.uk
    Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : October 14 2020
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : j_south@hotmail.co.uk

Seriously .... SMH Who's to say they aren't acting on this. Things take time. Gee this is not the first time something has happened in game and won't be the last. I've been around from almost day one and the amount of times the brown stuff has hit the fan I have lost count. I've seen things take MONTHS to get resolved. Like most of people around the world they are all working from home and may not be able to get to vital resources to remedy things quicker as they would like.
    eazzie wrote: »

Seriously .... SMH Who's to say they aren't acting on this. Things take time. Gee this is not the first time something has happened in game and won't be the last. I've been around from almost day one and the amount of times the brown stuff has hit the fan I have lost count. I've seen things take MONTHS to get resolved. Like most of people around the world they are all working from home and may not be able to get to vital resources to remedy things quicker as they would like.

They are still taking money from people despite knowing the issues
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

They are still taking money from people despite knowing the issues

You can apply that statement to any in game issue. The amount there's been over the years no one has ever gone to authorities. C*** happens it's life
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    If they get it fixed Thursday you can still complete the event, you will have 21 days.
    If not, then dont even bother, because by Friday if you cant start it you wont have enough time to complete the 20 days on time to obtain the set.
  • auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I'm trying to maintain faith in having this issue resolved. Though I was going to get a new system next spring, I am NOT going to run out NOW and get a new computer just to play the game, never mind I'd probably get the same error message :)
  • pikrik#3777 pikrik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I dont know what to say but developer is need our help WE palyer must help them not act like a 5 years old child if your a professional about video card or your have some a evidence of this issue send this to a crytic or kael to help them it time our community must united to help them put a side our hate or different thinking about game if we not united this game will fall.