test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic should be ashamed at the current TFO Synthwave bugs

2»

Comments

• pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    Personally think they should be giving progress, not extending the event. As much as I've generally enjoyed it (which is more than can be said for most it seems) the mess of this event makes me agree that there is no respect for our time or for us, to release it with those problems and then extend the event as a solution.
  • Cryptic is nothing more then organised crime syndicate. They can take your account after 8 years of clean gameplay without reason after you hard earned dilithium turned into EC and bought very expensive ships from exchange and then they just ban you and do not give you a reason.And then they tell you to start over after 8 years.Time to shut Cryptic down for good.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > "No doubt but STO right now also has the challenge that the majority of those who made the code arent there, or moved to other projects within Cryptic, and the game was made in crunchtime because they had to make the game before the license expired back then so they couldnt make a neat code with well documented subroutines that have explanatory text for each ones function like coders normally do in big projects. Add to it STOs engine starts to show its age as they keep adding things so eventually they may hit a wall where everything they add impacts overall game performance"

Exactly. The game's age has made it near impossible for the parent company to find it cost effective to update. The game is pushing past ten years. They would need to hire a lot of people for a complete rewrite of the code. Not to mention the cost of updating the engine. Because you're not gonna convince anyone to put brand new code on an engine thats a decade old, and getting older.

I hate to say it, but we're in limbo. Because this game is not likely going to get the man power or resources it needs to be maintained and fixed properly, we're just going to have to accept that new content is going to add more and more problems. We're going to have to accept that bugs and downtimes is just going to be how life is in this game from this point on. Or we go somewhere else.

I hate to be a downer, but it just seems really obvious at this point that the game is suffering, but the company is unwilling to pour a proper level of resources into it. I just wouldn't be surprised if eventually new content is no longer added because the bugs will outnumber the features. This is why I don't get mad at bugs and have just shifted focus to enjoying the game while it's still here.

The bugs, glitches, the dwindling resources, and the increasing player/customer backlash, the writing is starting to appear on the wall.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > "No doubt but STO right now also has the challenge that the majority of those who made the code arent there, or moved to other projects within Cryptic, and the game was made in crunchtime because they had to make the game before the license expired back then so they couldnt make a neat code with well documented subroutines that have explanatory text for each ones function like coders normally do in big projects. Add to it STOs engine starts to show its age as they keep adding things so eventually they may hit a wall where everything they add impacts overall game performance"

Exactly. The game's age has made it near impossible for the parent company to find it cost effective to update. The game is pushing past ten years. They would need to hire a lot of people for a complete rewrite of the code. Not to mention the cost of updating the engine. Because you're not gonna convince anyone to put brand new code on an engine thats a decade old, and getting older.

I hate to say it, but we're in limbo. Because this game is not likely going to get the man power or resources it needs to be maintained and fixed properly, we're just going to have to accept that new content is going to add more and more problems. We're going to have to accept that bugs and downtimes is just going to be how life is in this game from this point on. Or we go somewhere else.

I hate to be a downer, but it just seems really obvious at this point that the game is suffering, but the company is unwilling to pour a proper level of resources into it. I just wouldn't be surprised if eventually new content is no longer added because the bugs will outnumber the features. This is why I don't get mad at bugs and have just shifted focus to enjoying the game while it's still here.

The bugs, glitches, the dwindling resources, and the increasing player/customer backlash, the writing is starting to appear on the wall.

A new game would be to their benefit however and making successful games is the key to their survival. IF they made an STO 2 probably it would be a totally new one so they can monetize things from start and also probably STO 1 would run 1-2 years further after STO 2 release
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > A new game would be to their benefit however and making successful games is the key to their survival. IF they made an STO 2 probably it would be a totally new one so they can monetize things from start and also probably STO 1 would run 1-2 years further after STO 2 release

oh i completely agree with that. But i feel like if they were going to do that, they wouldn't be shrinking the STO team and its resources, and they would already be on a hiring spree to work on it. I just don't see it happening.

but i would LOVE it if it happened!
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > A new game would be to their benefit however and making successful games is the key to their survival. IF they made an STO 2 probably it would be a totally new one so they can monetize things from start and also probably STO 1 would run 1-2 years further after STO 2 release

oh i completely agree with that. But i feel like if they were going to do that, they wouldn't be shrinking the STO team and its resources, and they would already be on a hiring spree to work on it. I just don't see it happening.

but i would LOVE it if it happened!

I dont think as a company they can work on more than one NEW game at a time. Since they are making Magic Legends probably they wont have any new game planed before release and initial stabilization of the new game
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    They can be ashamed, proud or indifferent. I do not care. Won't be playing Synthwave again. The episode is dull, but at least it is a reliable completion.
This discussion has been closed.